• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

AH-86

Smash Cadet
God.. I must assume that you are a lot older than the kid. What is the point of getting angry with some random brat? Good thing is that you won, but don't get caught on a boy's trap. Just show him who is the best and you should told him that you weren't going at full. Like JWong said "my better, is better, than your better." Kids are annoying but you are more annoying if you get annoying like a kid.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
It annoys me a little because I know I wasn't a whiny brat back then when I lost to people in SSB. Or anything for that matter.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
lol at this thread.

You can't actually assume that everyone, especially kids, go by our own smash values (play to win, no johns, etc.)...Heck, most people would probably disagree with them. We can't just be ethnocentric *******s, you know?

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
He's just a kid that plays brawl...
You should've told him... Hey.. isn't this a teen game?
Then went to his father.. This game has suggestive themes... blah blah blah...
Then made a big scene about how the dad is a bad father...
Then you could have had the wii all for yourself :D

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
He's just a kid that plays brawl...
You should've told him... Hey.. isn't this a teen game?
Then went to his father.. This game has suggestive themes... blah blah blah...
Then made a big scene about how the dad is a bad father...
Then you could have had the wii all for yourself :D
I'll be the kid and father then in this case.
Kid: No, I can play this game your just trying to make excuses now because I wasn't really trying.
Father:What are you trying to teach me how to raise my kid? No get the fudge out of here with that and go do somethign constructive.
Manger:Sir please get out before we have to call security. (For arguing with father)
*Wii sits alone nobody to play with* This scenerio OR *Im playing the Wii* Man this is a good game. *Walks over another little cocky arrogant little B-WORD. *Thinking to himself omfg I wish I was Captain Falcon atm so I could give him a FAAAAAALLLLLLCOOOOONNNN PAWWWWNNNNCH.

You can't get around stupid S-word like this. They will find something to say and the father is likely going to be like the kid.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
...7 - 9 years old? And you're mad? Honestly? He's a little kid. Little kids are idiots. They're allowed to be idiots. You need some patience man, this ain't worth getting upset over. lol

Now teenagers and even older people that act like that...they get on my nerves. Especially the ones that are always making up excuses for why they lost. I have a friend that ALWAYS says "I'm not really trying" when he starts losing. Drives me crazy.

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
Just remember being a kid yourself. You couldn't help being stupid because, well, you were a kid. :/

Not much else to it. He'll grow up eventually.

Pleather

Smash Cadet
...7 - 9 years old? And you're mad? Honestly? He's a little kid. Little kids are idiots. They're allowed to be idiots. You need some patience man, this ain't worth getting upset over. lol

Now teenagers and even older people that act like that...they get on my nerves. Especially the ones that are always making up excuses for why they lost. I have a friend that ALWAYS says "I'm not really trying" when he starts losing. Drives me crazy.
My god, same problem with my friend. I actually started keeping track once, just for fun. He stays away from the "i wasn't trying" most of the time, his two catch phrases are "This is getting ridiculous," and ,"I should've won that. I SO should've won that." both followed or preceded by, either, "You have to admit....," or, "You can't lie." I actually got kinda curious one night and decided to start keeping track. Before I explain more, let me admit something (:p); overall, he's better at Brawl than me. He wins the majority of our matches, and I'll also admit I get REALLY lucky quite often, however, I still win quite a bit, and not always just on luck. Anyways, he'll start doing bad, or I'll start doing good, and he'll get a little bit upset. When he loses, he NEVER fails to say one of his aforementioned "catchphrases," and he'll often say the former regardless. He ends up picking Falco for the next few matches until he

a. Gets on a relatively good winning streak

or

b. Gets so intensely upset with the game that he just throws down his controller (literally throws) and turns of the Wii without asking, and proceeds to spew various profane statements.

Most of the time, his frustration gets the better of him, and b happens. It's also due to this sort of mentality that he refuses to play with ANY edgehogging, and even gets mad when it's truly on accident. It's quite annoying, since we can only play for about a max of two hours, or three if we're lucky. Plus I can't practice any edgehogging tactics. .... That took longer than I thought.... Well, felt good to vent.... xD. Not to stoop down to that level as well, but he's also the only friend of mine where there's close enough to an even match. I feel your pain Caedes.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Wow those are my friends' and my brother's catchprases too. The same friend I was talking about before loves saying "You have to admit" "you can't lie" and "I should've won that". My brother says "This is getting ridiculous" about every ten seconds. And he mains Pit so I should be the one saying that. Another favorite is implying that I, somehow, am a master hacking genuis, and hacked the game so that it is impossible for me to lose.

Sounds like you have it worse though. Your friend needs some anger management, lol.

joeismann

Smash Rookie
i supose im wat u would call a n00b but if i lose i lose and i if im in a shop i sometimes say that their really good coz to me they are f**** good

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I bunch of my firends do that... then I just get all mad at them and go " Clearly you were trying! Look, your saweating right now you were giving it your all!" " No "I wasn't I was testing you!" " AAGGH!" Takes out butcher knife and starts assaulting. People with anger management should never play n00bs.:(

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
when i play my little sister she gets too exicted when she gets me with a final smash ( shes plays kirby)

she says

"you are in my pot hehehehehehe"

even though there items and stuff i play her semi-pro style xD

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Some cocky 7 year old was annoying me on Wi-Fi the other day. Saying crap like "I'm the best, I beat Tabuu on Intense!" "I beat (I respect this person, but as a smasher, he is a scrub so I don't wanna list his name) and I overestimated him, I thought he was good, HE SUCKED. No way am I gonna overestimate someone like you again."

Anyway, this video is not to represent my skill as this kid is terrible, I just played really aggresive and I won. This is what you should do if a 7 year old pisses you off too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0-xedwzapc

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
My friends brother kept saying he could beat anyone at Smash so I invited my friend over but I asked him to bring his brother too. The first match he picked Ike >_>, and you'll never guess what he started doing. What n00b Ikes do best, SPAM. He only used AAA, fsmash and Dash attack. Of course every time I shield grabbed/spaced/Spot dodged his attacks, he would complain that I hacked the game because he's never seen those moves before. And like you Dexter Morgan, he would always say, "I wasn't trying" or "I was going easy on you" and my favorite one of all "Stop rigging the matches." I swear I would have beaten him to a pulp if my friend wasn't two times my size and plays football. T_T

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Pick shadow moses, and kick his butt using the King's (DeDeDe's) chaingrab.
When he cries, beat him again, but without the chaingrab.
When he starts crying AGAIN for being beaten in a fair match, tell him to fight a level 1 CPU.
Since he's gonna lose, he's gonna cry again. This time, say to his father "Your lousy kid just swore at me and hit me". Hopefully, the father will drag his lousy son home.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
He's a little kid, he's just trying to impress you. No need to get angry at him, ****.

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I've never had that, I've just had a 7 year old say he could bust my butt in a match, then denied the challenge because "he had to pea." :-P

Pick shadow moses, and kick his butt using the King's (DeDeDe's) chaingrab.
When he cries, beat him again, but without the chaingrab.
When he starts crying AGAIN for being beaten in a fair match, tell him to fight a level 1 CPU.
Since he's gonna lose, he's gonna cry again. This time, say to his father "Your lousy kid just swore at me and hit me". Hopefully, the father will drag his lousy son home.
The kid's dad was right there.

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
I went into Best Buy and noticed that they set up a Wii console with Brawl on one of the big screen TVs near the couch for customers to try out. When I got there, I sat on the couch. This guy came up, grabbed a wiimote, and sat beside me.

You see, I'm pretty amazing at this game, and I told him so. He wanted to see my epic skills. So then, we proceeded to set up a match. After the first game, he won. I said "Oh, I wasn't trying that time you know. I was letting you win." Okay, right. So then we played 4 more games. He "owned me" each game. After each game, I let him know I was going easy on him since he was a beginner, and asked him if he wanted me to go a little bit harder. To which he would reply, "yeah, bring it." He would still win, of course. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But that's not all, I would then say "I was going medium on you, don't worry, I'm really good." On the last game, my controller stopped working. I think the batteries were dying or something. The funniest part was when he was leading me with 2 lives and my controller wasn't even working. He thought he was actually fighting.

Yeah. The guy sucked. He looked sorta pissed though. Glad my Dad was there.

Hence

Smash Ace
I went into Best Buy and noticed that they set up a Wii console with Brawl on one of the big screen TVs near the couch for customers to try out. When I got there, I sat on the couch. This guy came up, grabbed a wiimote, and sat beside me.

You see, I'm pretty amazing at this game, and I told him so. He wanted to see my epic skills. So then, we proceeded to set up a match. After the first game, he won. I said "Oh, I wasn't trying that time you know. I was letting you win." Okay, right. So then we played 4 more games. He "owned me" each game. After each game, I let him know I was going easy on him since he was a beginner, and asked him if he wanted me to go a little bit harder. To which he would reply, "yeah, bring it." He would still win, of course. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But that's not all, I would then say "I was going medium on you, don't worry, I'm really good." On the last game, my controller stopped working. I think the batteries were dying or something. The funniest part was when he was leading me with 2 lives and my controller wasn't even working. He thought he was actually fighting.

Oh, good read.

BROWNxEYEDxBEAST

Smash Cadet
you should have challenged him to a life or death match right there in best buy.

lol a cage drops around you two with wiimote accessories instead of chainsaws and **** and you both brawl a brawl with so much on the line, with best buy employees yelling "TWO MAN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE" and an Asian casual shopper who yells "YOU MUST RECOVER." And after you win, tina turner sings a song about thunderdome.

at least the world would be +1 intelligence due to the absence of that one n00b
^Hilarious. I want to meet you and listen to you talk, just cause.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Whenever my brother says "I'm not trying" I always say "Neither am I" and jump off the edge to piss him off. One time he was saying he was better than me because he won a kirby ditto (I hate kirby dittos, marth ones are fun though) so I challenged him to a bowser ditto (I don't even use bowser). I was thrashing him really bad and he said "I'm not trying" and then I bowsercided him. Good times, good times...

I understand your hate of meddling johns kids.

too bad I only get to play them and CPUs. Stupid CPUs.

Twilighted.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord

You sound amazing. LES BRAWL

The Mad Mage

Smash Rookie
Hilarious how easily some people are upset by 7-year-old's.

Honestly, does the fact that you can beat them really make you that proud? They're freaking kids, for crying out loud. If you play serious against someone that young, you're just an ***.

fwb

Smash Cadet
This thread has provided nearly a year of entertainment. Keep it coming.

Ok, I have a similar story. I know it is easy to say "man it was just a 7 year old kid and you let him get u mad!!!??" but I can relate.... I went to an amusement park about a year ago with my family, and in the "kid zone" there was this large foam ball fighting arena which I went into with my little brother. Pretty much involved just running around with a burlap bag trying to collect balls while shooting, throwing, or otherwise assaulting other people with them. Anyways since I was noticeably older and bigger than everyone else there, the f-ing kids started forming teams and ganging up on me. There was this one kid in particular who always ran up behind me, nailed me in the head, and ran away. I let myself get really into the stupid game, and I started getting legitimately pissed off. I eventually gathered up just about every ball in the arena- many bags stuffed full, went up to the little kid and his friends, and went all out on their a$ses. Then left, feeling good that I 'won'. So I can relate to the OP.

(I'm lucky their parents weren't watching at the time...)

:laugh:

Top Bottom