• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
I went into Best Buy and noticed that they set up a Wii console with Brawl on one of the big screen TVs near the couch for customers to try out. When I got there, there was a 7-9 year old kid playing. I got a Wiimote and I sat down beside the little kid.

Apparently, the kid thought he was some hot **** and kept boasting about how awesome he is at the game. So then, we proceeded to set up a match. After the first game, I won. He said "Oh, I wasn't trying that time you know. I was letting you win." Okay, right. So then we played 4 more games. Owned him each game. After each game, the little f*cker would make up some ******** excuse like "Since you were a beginner, I went easy on you. Do you want me to go hard on you?" To which I would reply, "yeah, bring it." He would still lose. But that's not all, he would then say "I was going medium on you, don't worry, I'm really good." On the last game, the kid started making bull**** excuses about how the controller stopped working and random **** like that. The funniest part was when I was leading him with 2 lives, he would say "hey, my controller isn't working, I wasn't playing, y'know. You can go ahead and kill me now."

F*cking hell, if his dad wasn't nearby, I would've curb stomped the little ****er right there. So in the end, I left

PCHU

Smash Lord
Like he would've known what a john is!
Trust me, I have been across those kinds of people.
One of them was a TEENAGER.
Some of you have heard, this, but he was a FOX player, a good one, too, and when I lost, he said he was taking it easy on me.
The next time, I told him to give me all he had.
I won with Pichu.

Another friend used to say that, but he did get serious when I asked him to.
I've got good friends, and I know they give it their all.

God says we shouldn't hate, but I despise the little idiot as much as you do.

Browny

Smash Hater
I hate the kids you never meet on wifi

you all know the ones,
you win about 5 games in a row, alternating mains until eventually they pick Olimar and manage to win because of nothing but spam, so next game you pick one of thier mains (usually marth, wolf) and 3 stock them. then they D/C from the game and post on forums about lag (not these forums)

god i hate them

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
you should have challenged him to a life or death match right there in best buy.

lol a cage drops around you two with wiimote accessories instead of chainsaws and **** and you both brawl a brawl with so much on the line, with best buy employees yelling "TWO MAN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE" and an Asian casual shopper who yells "YOU MUST RECOVER." And after you win, tina turner sings a song about thunderdome.

at least the world would be +1 intelligence due to the absence of that one n00b

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
ha, i did the same thing in the mall before haha, all n00bs say "i wasn't trying" but really, they try every time

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's like how people john about the wavebird lagging or having slow response time.

Lulz.

Corigames

Smash Hero
In melee, I would beat them so hard their mouths would fly off and dare them to question it.

In Brawl, I spam until they get up, cry, and walk away.

Either case is fine to me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember having experiences like at Toys R Us and Wal-Mart with games like Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart 64 when I was younger. :laugh: Spend an hour at a Gamestop on a Saturday and you're guarenteed to run into at least one kid like this.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I hate the kids you never meet on wifi

you all know the ones,
you win about 5 games in a row, alternating mains until eventually they pick Olimar and manage to win because of nothing but spam, so next game you pick one of thier mains (usually marth, wolf) and 3 stock them. then they D/C from the game and post on forums about lag (not these forums)

god i hate them
Happened to me about five times this week.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
News Flash kids do this for every game. Me and my brother always talk about this. One time he was playing madden and a little kid came up to him and told him how he beat the game and how he should get a turn to show him how good he was. Last I checked there isn't an ending to madden. I am not exactly sure why they do this. Maybe for attention or to boost their egos.

What is worse is when you have a nooby adult. I show this guy pro Melee and Brawl videos and he calls them noobs. I beat him 5 times out of 7, most times I had a pretty nice lead and was really dominating. After we finished he kept talking about the two times he had won. He even stated that they were the only two matches that really counted. I really want to convince him that he isn't that great.

ƒox

Smash Cadet
lol, complaining about winning in a video game against a 7 year old

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
.....His father was nearby and didn't tell his son he was being a brat? What crap parents. I fear for our future.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
My question is why care?

Let Johns be Johns and Let them John.

off topic:Dexter rules i love that show!!!!!

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well.....

Not ALL kids are stupid, because back when I first played smash, I wasn't at all like that.
My friend was, but that was because he was winning.
I would love to play him now, stomp his sorry tail...

Kirye

Smash Ace
Hah, if I ever get a "My controller wasn't working" john, I usually just tell them "Wanna switch then? :)".

They lose their ability to complain about that soon afterwards.

But! My favorite excuse of all, the one that comes from my 13 year old brother so often..

"Dude, this game hates me! It only glitches on me, and it kills me or messes my controller up whenever i'm winning!"
"You're 3 lives behind, how were you winning?"
"I had the first kill!"

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
With that being said he is a 7-9 year old and i maintain the belief that all children are ******** myself included when i was a Kid i did stupid things i would never do now because i realize they were ********.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
my sister makes up excuses like "my controller isn't working" so i switch with her, then she says that the one i was just using doesn't work, and she says that whenever she plays, the controllers brake
she never admits when someone else beats her

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
RupeeClock wins hardcore that was hilarious.

Kids are kids /shrug all of my cousins play and the younger ones do that, however I've tought the ones in there teens what a john is and how not to be one. Now to work on my brother who is about my age>.< He lives the john lifestyle, when you john about everything in life....

Tenki

Smash Hero
I was playing in a rec center with someone who was pretty decent (random main..?). There was this little kid who looked 7-10 who came by who said he wanted to play. I lent him my GC controller and switched to wii-chuck.

He said he was good at the game, but then he started complaining about how it's different, and kept asking things like "whoa~! how did you do that spin sword with Link on the ground?!?" (lol up-B on the floor)

@.@ after him suiciding his lives off and etc for multiple games, I had a game where I was Ike, the kid was Bowser, and the random mainer was Zelda, I managed to KO the Zelda first and felt pity for the kid, so I kept SH circles around him and he finally hit me with a Bowser Bomb.

He was so happy he won.

haha, kids are funny xD

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
I was playing in a rec center with someone who was pretty decent (random main..?). There was this little kid who looked 7-10 who came by who said he wanted to play. I lent him my GC controller and switched to wii-chuck.

He said he was good at the game, but then he started complaining about how it's different, and kept asking things like "whoa~! how did you do that spin sword with Link on the ground?!?" (lol up-B on the floor)

@.@ after him suiciding his lives off and etc for multiple games, I had a game where I was Ike, the kid was Bowser, and the random mainer was Zelda, I managed to KO the Zelda first and felt pity for the kid, so I kept SH circles around him and he finally hit me with a Bowser Bomb.

He was so happy he won.

haha, kids are funny xD
Thats cool man........LOL

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
Well, there is a difference in "nOOb" and "Newb", calling someone a "nOOb" is like calling people an idiot, Newb just means they aren't too good at the game because they're beginners. I only hate it when people don't admit they suck at something (and they really do).

Btw, that boy sounds really annoying Dexter, but do remember he IS a 9 year old... At least an unusually annoying 9 year old... :)

Top Bottom