• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I get grabbed way too much, send help.

jJOEe

Smash Rookie
I don't mean shield grabs, when I get shield grabbed I completely understand what I did wrong. I just mean people grab me in neutral all the time. I know I must be doing something wrong because grabs kind of suck in this game. Even if I 100% knew my opponent was looking for a grab I would have no idea what to do but platform camp or try and predict the timing with a spot dodge. Do I just have to try and bait? Characters like pikachu and joker have a tendency to run me over cos they have good combos off their grabs, and I let them grab me for free. I am especially bad against people who dash back away from aerials and then back in to grab the landing, but there I know I am just being punished for being way to predictbale.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Could you post a video of a match in which you were experiencing this trouble? It's a bit hard to diagnose your play without something to see.

Top Bottom