• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I froze the game in Coin Launcher

David Wonn

Smash Ace
It has never been my policy to unveil glitches that have only happened once, but I wanted to be sure whether this glitch was known yet before I spend a lot of time trying to recreate the exact conditions. My working theory is that I destroyed a missile at the exact same time that it hit me. I do not know yet if other conditions are required. The game evidently was not desiged to handle this special case. The freeze behaves just like the other freezes in the game, in that you lose whatever progress you had during that session (i.e. your coins revert back to whatever you started with prior to starting Coin Launcher after powering off the Wii.)

Has anyone else frozen the game specifically in the Coin Launcher?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Can I use it to beat Meta Knight?
Jokin'. :lol:

Anyway, never heard that one. I don't play coin launcher that much. :ohwell:
Congrats on the find though!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Minor update

Unfortunately, I have not been successful in recreating the freeze. Fortunately I am patient and persistent, though sometimes to a detrimental extreme. I intend to find common elements with other known freezes in this game at some point, but it will probably be on the back burner along with other glitch "projects" due to more pressing matters.

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
It happened to me once when I got by one of those "rockets". But I didn't lose my progress for some reason.

Top Bottom