• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Found Something Kewl (needs testing)

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I was watching a replay that SNO uploaded when i realized that at certain early percents you can force a tech(or missed tech) on the SV platform(its slightly higher than bf i think) by using pound under it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp7UYtiQ0co
@ around 2:00 is when it happens

needs testing for percents on different characters you can do this on, because its a great way to start a match and possibly rest if you get lucky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2jzMkM9PeQ
Made a video for the hell of it. Might be too situational to be practical though. If I can be bothered I'll test the platforms on other stages as well.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Nice find, guys. In addition to that, on the majority of the cast, you can tech chase an up throw into another up throw(Shield grabbing, of course) on a number of stages, if you begin it between 0 and 20%, you can continue it for as long as your shield can. You just have to memorize the aspects of the character's falling animation for whoever you're doing it on. Using the dash grab's duration over the normal grab's, you can out last people who air dodge into the ground(because as soon as you land the air dodge animation ends).

Characters who fall victim to this include, but are not limited to..

Snake - All you really need to pay attention to is if the Snake B sticks a grenade, but you can chase that, and still up throw without causing the grenade to explode.

Meta Knight - His movement speed in the air is slow enough that you can actually just follow him around despite his five jumps after U-throw. Technically, the only way for Meta Knight to escape would be to glide to the ledge(you can still chase his glide if he lands onstage), Tornado on your shield, and spend the end of the animation moving it away from you, or use dimensional cape(in which you can really only guess where Meta Knight will land out of it.)

Kirby - Same as Meta Knight, only he can't escape it unless he jumps over to a platform or to the ledge. Though if he lands on a platform, you can F-air, B-air, U-air, Rest, or Forward B his landing animation.

Donkey Kong - Don't let his aerials break your shield(since you can technically powershield everything he does), and if he uses his Up special, you can follow it around. The end of the animation is long enough for you to regrab or do anything you want to him if he lands on a platform.

other characters.

T-block

B2B TST
It's hardly a tech chase... and other characters can do it better than Jigglypuff. Her slow dash speed doesn't allow her to do it all that effectively.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
o u guys didn't look i guess.

Two up throws provide you with positional advantage and like 20 percent damage, as well as being able to U-throw again, and again, and again, as long as your shield can manage. Saying that you block an aerial like Snake's b-air each time you shield grab to U-throw, it would still land him around 70%(if he doesn't land on a platform or the ledge) before you had to give your shield a break.

It actually takes less effort than an actual tech chase because you're able to see where your opponent is DI'ing the entire time.

I never said it was limited to Jigglypuff. She gets one of the more beneficial U-throws for this concept because of how it's base knock back is always the distance of around 3.5 of her jumps above her, with only a vertical trajectory.

The dashing speed being unable to cover the distance of characters who can land out of Jigglypuff's range for her to regrab is problematic, but characters like Meta Knight, Snake, R.O.B., Diddy, et cetera are not included in that list, making it a very useful option.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Yeah there's really no actual term for it that comes to mind. CHASE GRABBING, I GUESS, BECAUSE IT SURE AS HELL ISN'T A PERFECT CHAIN GRAB.

Top Bottom