• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found another game changing Fox combo :x

RPK

Smash Lord
So...Its in training mode, and it does say it works since it has me at 11 consecutive hits. But its downthrow -> dash -> Fair -> Double Jump Fair. I havent tested all the exact percentages this can be done at, but it can definitely be done at 0 Though Ive also finished it with Uair which is a better slightly finish as its harder to smash DI out of and thus is more consistent damage. However, man...I wish I knew this stuff when I was still active :x

And theres the video I made for it. Its hard to play cause I was holding my phone between my knees to record but I got it eventually :D You can tell it was combo'd off of a dthrow because fair is only 5 hits, and on the screen it shows 11.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoEfB7oes9I

EDIT: Also note, in order to do it, you need to dash. If you dont dash, your fair wont be able to reach.

Last edited:

Wusi

Smash Cadet
it can be done, but dthrow -> fair is not a true combo; you're fighting (probably) a lv 3 cpu who won't airdodge out of getting hit by anything, so it's shown as consecutive hits; training mode is not reliable
you're better off just dthrow -> lasering since anyone with a brain will di the dthrow away. fair is also easily sdi'd out of. i appreciate your effort this late in the game, though.

RPK

Smash Lord
Of course, thats with anybody with a brain. Though this is if anyone is stupid enough to DI the D-throw up instead of away a dash whatever should be able to hit them. If they decided to airdodge it, it would still put em in a bad situation. But I'm not 100% sure about the airdodge since I remember fighting a metaknight a few years ago and he said he tried airdodging it but was unable to do so, so I dunno. Plus I dont play with anyone around here anymore. just something interesting that I found out not too long ago.

TKD

Smash Lord
You can cancel hitstun after 10 frames by airdodging in Brawl. If they were still in hitstun and could only airdodge, the game registers it as a combo.

Top Bottom