• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel so hopeless...

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
What’s wrong with me? Why do I feel so useless, I try, and try, but I just never get any Better, I’m to the point of just giving up.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Just practice (preferably with a buddy) and overcome any bad habits. Worked for me.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
For the sake of not repeating things I would suggesting scrolling back at the many other "I'm bad I'll never get better" threads and see how people responded to those for advice. There are plenty, and very recent ones.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Smash can be a hard game. Just keep playing different people and you will notice yourself beginning to adapt. Once you've seen a character do something enough times, through trial and error, you will eventually know how to deal with it every time.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Have you checked this place out? It's a subreddit specifically to help you learn and improve at the game. Maybe make a post there. Seems like there's a lot of helpful and insightful people who could give you a hand. The more detail you give about how you're struggling, the better.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
If you have online, go open up two person limit battle arenas and camp them until someone joins. Name them something explicitly obvious, like a name that includes stuff like '1v1' and your ruleset choices. If the person who joins is a tool or you just don't like them.. bad connection, etc.. well you can kick them. This is at the very least a viable option provided you have a good connection yourself and it's what I resorted to when I didn't have many people to play with months back.. still don't have as many as I'd like. I'm always looking for practice partners.

Elite Smash / Quickplay can get a little.. eh, after a while, so I know how it feels to not have anyone to practice with and have that as your only option. All said, I still used it and found my way up, but I did have over a decade of Smash experience going in which has to count for something. If you're newer to the game, well then you have even less to worry yourself over as nobody is a god right away and sometimes it takes a while before all of a sudden something just clicks in your mind and you feel like you understand the game on a whole new level. Smash is fun like that.

Top Bottom