• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel like my Falcon or my skills are not improving... Help me!

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that terrible title.

Hi! I'm having some problems, I've felt this way for some time now and I have finally decided to ask my fellow Falcon pals here on the boards.

I feel like I'm not improving anymore. Like I've reached a dead end. I've noticed I easily fall into habit-mode which is a big weakness, but even when I'm not, I feel like I'm just not.... getting better....

Can anyone relate to this? Or does anyone have any advice? HELP ME!

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well it's hard to give you advice just like that, so I'll give you general advices :
-Always think while you play, if you need to focus on something, focus on not getting hit.
-Play patiently, remember that Falcon is very bad at creating momentum and at maintaining it. So don't force things, don't try to shove in smashes if your opponent isn't pressured.
-Abuse the **** out of jab Uair and Bair. Learn to use them in every possible way.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Everything teluoborg said, plus:
- Abuse First hit Nair (and spaced Nairs in general) to (feign) pressure and to get your opponent where you want them to be (inside your jab/grab/rising Uair range)
- Up b (out of shield) shouldn't be neglected entirely
- Bait and Punish, bait and punish, bait and punish, etc. (and of course just punish in general)
- Consider getting a secondary character for Falcon's hardest matchup

Also, it's important to play against players who are better than you: curbstomping the less fortunate only gets you so far. Get ***** and then (try to) retaliate.

I don't really play Brawl Falcon anymore, but these points are basically timeless.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Appreciate the feedback! I'll try to think more about these things, I do play too aggressive at times.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
I remember back in 2009, when I lost in a tourney. People said I had good mobility and stuff, but became too punishable because of my desperate, aggressive playing. This is one of Falcon players' greatest and most frequent mistakes.

From that time on, I started playing more cautiously. That allowed me to get better over time. You should note, however, that it becomes increasingly difficult to improve your Falcon as you get better. (Ok, this applies to everything, but CF is a powerful example of it)

As manly as he is, you should accept his weaknesses and that he has many match-ups that are nearly unwinnable against an opponent of similar skill level. Good thing most people have never played a good Falcon before.

Top Bottom