• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Feel As If I Am Losing My Mindddd!!!!!

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
I have heard that people with ADHD and ADD can learn to manipulate their abnormality into being able to concentrate with distinct detail on everything at once.
I just think it's really cool that people can do that...

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep, I figured. You may also (eventually) experience audio/visual anomalies caused by signal relay degradation or synapse failure, it's a LOT like being on acid, w/o the "speed" high. Unfortunately it can also lead to profound autonomic failures including slow respiratory rate and coma and even death.
Sucumbio, where did you get this information? I'm curious to know because I can't find any published literature on a condition like this one.

I hate doctors. I am into herbs and home cures.
Seriously read on pharmaceutical companies. Most meds make you sicker because they have stuff in there that shouldn't be there. From there it causes a down hill cycle that makes you sicker because you need to take EVEN MORE meds.
There is a reason why the health buisness is booming and has been booming for a while in the USA and not as much in ANY other country.

IMO, Swine Flu is a scare tactic to control the mass's and to build profit. I refuse to take the vaccine.
saviorslegacy, I think you have to consult a doctor, either a neurologist or a psychiatrist. I get the impression that you're a pretty smart person, but while you seem capable of holding a lot of information, I'm not sure you're putting everything together correctly.

Also, that you hold conversations with imaginary characters in your head is troubling.

You may not trust the medical profession, but I hope this situation doesn't reach a point where you won't be able to trust yourself. Try to get it diagnosed. It may be a much more minor condition than it appears. For all we know, it could just be a vitamin deficiency, but in order to know, it will require medical testing, which will require resources and facilities you don't have access to on your own.

Meds have side effects, but those effects are known; you can prepare for them. If you don't know what this condition is, then you can't prepare for the future; you don't know where this could lead. It's better to get a professional opinion.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
saviorslegacy, I think you have to consult a doctor, either a neurologist or a psychiatrist. I get the impression that you're a pretty smart person, but while you seem capable of holding a lot of information, I'm not sure you're putting everything together correctly.

Also, that you hold conversations with imaginary characters in your head is troubling.

You may not trust the medical profession, but I hope this situation doesn't reach a point where you won't be able to trust yourself. Try to get it diagnosed. It may be a much more minor condition than it appears. For all we know, it could just be a vitamin deficiency, but in order to know, it will require medical testing, which will require resources and facilities you don't have access to on your own.

Meds have side effects, but those effects are known; you can prepare for them. If you don't know what this condition is, then you can't prepare for the future; you don't know where this could lead. It's better to get a professional opinion.
O-o
I just realized how bad that sounded.
I hold those conversations for my book. If I can picture everything and see it as if was real then what I am describing will be real to the reader.

Yeah, I guess everyone is right. I'll see what a doctor has to say.

On a side note... I'm going into the medical profession.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I hate doctors. I am into herbs and home cures.
Seriously read on pharmaceutical companies. Most meds make you sicker because they have stuff in there that shouldn't be there. From there it causes a down hill cycle that makes you sicker because you need to take EVEN MORE meds.
There is a reason why the health buisness is booming and has been booming for a while in the USA and not as much in ANY other country..
Well I don't know how it works in the USA but in europe you can read the component list of every medecine you buy.
It's a good thing you're going into the medical profession cause you'll have some classes in pharmacology, which I think is what you need to start trusting medecine (not saying you must take medecine, but you must choose what you take instead of completely turning it down).

Anyway, my personnal advice would be to try something I do sometimes when I have troubles focusing (my case is somewhat similar to yours about focus).
Imagine a dot and a note in your mind.
Make the dot engulf every image and the note engulf every sound, like a black hole.
Focus on the dot and the note until you don't think about anything else.
If you feel like it's effective but not effective enough try it with your eyes closed and while "singing" the note.

Hope it'll help you. And that I was clear.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I do also have trouble focusing with my eyes sometimes too.... not as much though.
There are several symptoms that will manifest themselves over time. This would be why so many replies in this thread are encouraging you to medicate. However, even IF you end up trusting a Dr enough to prescribe a medication, you of course will ultimately lose some of the functionality you've discovered by having such an active mind. You won't necessarily become a vegetable, lol, but you can expect the side effects to be uncomfortable. As for the conspiracy theory on Big Pharmaceutical purposefully putting things in their meds to create new problems that would require more meds, heh, well that's kinda the same as the theory of Car Mechanics, the so-called add-on. Car mechanic fixes what you need fixed but either purposefully ignores, or even breaks something else, so as to cause you to have to come back. This, or they see something else totally unnecessary but benign enough cost wise. I've never had a cheap brake job. It's always "well it'll be the normal but we found a problem with blah blah blah." I've learned to just let them rip me off for an extra 20 bucks cause if you don't, somehow... that brake job just doesn't get done very well.

7,7 .......
IDK, but I hate nanites with a passion.
LOL well ok, just making sure :p

Wait... you're married? How old are you?
mid 30s ^^

Sucumbio, where did you get this information? I'm curious to know because I can't find any published literature on a condition like this one.
There's been a lot of research linking ADHD and autonomic failure. True he didn't say he has ADHD, but w/o a proper diagnosis, what else would you call it? I-think-too-much syndrome? No, he's got ADHD or a form of it that's yet to be identified.

This would actually be -my- reason for not jumping to meds, simply b/c a doctor would likely assume based on your symptoms it's ADHD and then treat you for ADHD, which would quell your overactive brain, but since it's not -entirely- what's wrong with you, would have other side effects you'd not want. Dr's aren't evil but they do have a tendency to get you in get you out kinda thing. Especially if they have tons of patients (read: not patience lol). They just... they want to fix you up, so if you come in with "this happens, this happens, I feel this" then your treatment will get truncated into whatever current meds and practices are popular. Dr's do get a kickback for using a specific Med. In fact, I remember years ago when my Dr asked "how do you feel" (haha, just like star trek 4) I told him the truth, I wasn't happy, felt like offing myself sometimes, he said 'yay! try this, it's called Prozac" because he'd just gotten a pile of free samples and come back from some forum on it. Did it work? hell no, lol but that's beside the point. Dr's are still best for treating obvious things, like broken limbs, infections, etc. When it comes to Brain problems, your guess is as good as theirs a lot of the time.

saviorslegacy

There are several symptoms that will manifest themselves over time. This would be why so many replies in this thread are encouraging you to medicate. However, even IF you end up trusting a Dr enough to prescribe a medication, you of course will ultimately lose some of the functionality you've discovered by having such an active mind. You won't necessarily become a vegetable, lol, but you can expect the side effects to be uncomfortable. As for the conspiracy theory on Big Pharmaceutical purposefully putting things in their meds to create new problems that would require more meds, heh, well that's kinda the same as the theory of Car Mechanics, the so-called add-on. Car mechanic fixes what you need fixed but either purposefully ignores, or even breaks something else, so as to cause you to have to come back. This, or they see something else totally unnecessary but benign enough cost wise. I've never had a cheap brake job. It's always "well it'll be the normal but we found a problem with blah blah blah." I've learned to just let them rip me off for an extra 20 bucks cause if you don't, somehow... that brake job just doesn't get done very well.
I lol'd at the mechanic part.
Me no like that idea......
So it's like your body can't keep of with your mind at all.....

LOL well ok, just making sure :p

mid 30s ^^
Didn't realize there were people that old here.
No offense BTW.

Wanna know something funny? One of my friends dad was a Marine for 21 years.
The man worships Halo.

There's been a lot of research linking ADHD and autonomic failure. True he didn't say he has ADHD, but w/o a proper diagnosis, what else would you call it? I-think-too-much syndrome? No, he's got ADHD or a form of it that's yet to be identified.

This would actually be -my- reason for not jumping to meds, simply b/c a doctor would likely assume based on your symptoms it's ADHD and then treat you for ADHD, which would quell your overactive brain, but since it's not -entirely- what's wrong with you, would have other side effects you'd not want. Dr's aren't evil but they do have a tendency to get you in get you out kinda thing. Especially if they have tons of patients (read: not patience lol). They just... they want to fix you up, so if you come in with "this happens, this happens, I feel this" then your treatment will get truncated into whatever current meds and practices are popular. Dr's do get a kickback for using a specific Med. In fact, I remember years ago when my Dr asked "how do you feel" (haha, just like star trek 4) I told him the truth, I wasn't happy, felt like offing myself sometimes, he said 'yay! try this, it's called Prozac" because he'd just gotten a pile of free samples and come back from some forum on it. Did it work? hell no, lol but that's beside the point. Dr's are still best for treating obvious things, like broken limbs, infections, etc. When it comes to Brain problems, your guess is as good as theirs a lot of the time.
Wow... that Dr. was dumb. -_-
*blue

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
As for the conspiracy theory on Big Pharmaceutical purposefully putting things in their meds to create new problems that would require more meds
Every component in a drug has to be justified to the FDA (referring to products marketed by or in the U.S.), and it has to be proven safe. Potential side-effects have to be within specified ranges of tolerance and clearly relayed to consumers. Companies have been completely shut down by the FDA for much more minor offenses. "Purposefully putting things in their meds to create new problems" won't get your product on the market in the first place because it would not pass FDA approval. In fact, they catch you doing that, they'll shut down your facility on top of rejecting your petition.

I think it's because a lot of the sources out there describe symptoms as they would appear to a third party witness; I couldn't find any authentic documentation of first-hand accounts. Do you remember where you read about the link between ADHD and autonomic failure?

@saviorslegacy: You may not need medication, but that's something that's up to you and your doctor. Try going to a counselor or a psychologist first, rather than a primary care doctor or a psychiatrist. A counselor may want you to try some cognitive exercises first to see if you can get your over-active brain under control without meds. Meds are kind of a last resort; psychiatrists prescribe meds, but counselors or psychologists don't (to my understanding). One benefit to getting therapy is that you may end up more focused. People who are scatter-brained tend to be able to remember a lot of information, but they don't always put the facts together correctly. So, focus might help you understand the information you receive a little better, and maybe it'll help you put it to better use. As stated before, meds have side-effects, so if therapy works without meds, that might be the best option.

Long story short, uh, explore your options. In the end, it depends on what makes you most comfortable.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I can relate to some of this. Here are some of the things I do.

I can't fall asleep. It takes me a very long time. I'm exhausted, but I get so involved with my thoughts that I can't slip out of my conscious state.
I often question the mechanics of a scientific principle then analyse what, why and how it work (Example: The vacuum). I then check my theory with some google results; I'm usually right.
I often have conversations for the sole purpose of reaching a specific end. I get the person to say what I want them to by instigating such a response with what I say first; I keep doing this until I finally get to the point I decided on at the beginning.
I try to figure out what people are thinking and why they do the things that they do.
I replay scenes of events in my mind.
I have a photographic memory.
I rearrange the punctuation in a sentence to generate a different meaning. I rearrange; the punctuation in a sentence: to generate a different meaning. (Bad example.)
I count a lot. I count my strokes when I'm swimming laps or in a race. I count my steps on the way home from school (532 I synchronize my breathing with my steps when I run. I count ceiling tiles. I count a lot.
And many more.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I believe Aura is an energy source that is a part of each molecule that is wrapped into everything, however it is nearly poking this dimension. I believe that Aura holds as gravity. The more stuff you have in an area the more aura you have and aura tends to circle its host object because it is trying to bond with more aura but it is stuck with its matter. Thus it is in a constant circle trying to escape. That is why we have a solar system.
I also believe that is there is an area of nothingness that it does escape and form an alternative mass all of its own. Thus forming dark matter. However, dark energy is the matter trying to tug it back and thus forming the universal war.
A black hole is simply aura that has collapsed upon itself and is escaping to the center instead of the out side. Thus making a whirl pool type thing. I do believe that when there is enough aura at a certain point that it will push through because it is a sup collapse. When this happens it acts like a gun with two barrels and will force energy out in two directions. Causing a rip in the fabric of time and space. aka a worm hole.
Is there any reason to believe this?

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Well I'd just like to tell you from a few visits to the psychotherapist I am doing so much better with my problem. I haven't felt normal in so long and it feels amazing. I refused to take meds, just like you. Therapy is the key to conquering problems like this not meds. You don't have to trust them personally, but they are certified doctors and they went to 12 years of medical school for it they know what they're doing. Just give it a shot.

saviorslegacy

Every component in a drug has to be justified to the FDA (referring to products marketed by or in the U.S.), and it has to be proven safe. Potential side-effects have to be within specified ranges of tolerance and clearly relayed to consumers. Companies have been completely shut down by the FDA for much more minor offenses. "Purposefully putting things in their meds to create new problems" won't get your product on the market in the first place because it would not pass FDA approval. In fact, they catch you doing that, they'll shut down your facility on top of rejecting your petition.
I'm sorry, but the drug companies are run like a buisness and not like an organization.
It is a sad truth. They would rather make profit then help us. Why do you think there are so many uneeded side effects? The active herbs in most drugs don't have many side effects at all, it's what is mixed with them.

For example, vaccine's are being put into small viles. These viles have small ammounts of mecury in them. Even this is harmful to your system and can cause autism.
Now they could use multi dose viles but after that vile has set open for a while it goes bad and it waisted.
They would rather risk our health than take a risk to their pocket book.
They want you sick.

I think it's because a lot of the sources out there describe symptoms as they would appear to a third party witness; I couldn't find any authentic documentation of first-hand accounts. Do you remember where you read about the link between ADHD and autonomic failure?

@saviorslegacy: You may not need medication, but that's something that's up to you and your doctor. Try going to a counselor or a psychologist first, rather than a primary care doctor or a psychiatrist. A counselor may want you to try some cognitive exercises first to see if you can get your over-active brain under control without meds. Meds are kind of a last resort; psychiatrists prescribe meds, but counselors or psychologists don't (to my understanding). One benefit to getting therapy is that you may end up more focused. People who are scatter-brained tend to be able to remember a lot of information, but they don't always put the facts together correctly. So, focus might help you understand the information you receive a little better, and maybe it'll help you put it to better use. As stated before, meds have side-effects, so if therapy works without meds, that might be the best option.
I have decided to fight it myself.
The only way they can help me is for them to mess with my brain and I am unwilling to let that happen. It just means I need more dicipline.

Long story short, uh, explore your options. In the end, it depends on what makes you most comfortable.
*blue
Is there any reason to believe this?
I believe it because I can.
Not that I know of... They seem like theories that he's come up with that he can't test. The beauty of them, though, is that we can't test them either, and, thus, can't prove them wrong.
I know that's what makes it awesome because no one can argue it. :)

But yes, they are simple theories. The evidence of something present is gravity. Gravity is a freak that can't be explained and proven.
Well I'd just like to tell you from a few visits to the psychotherapist I am doing so much better with my problem. I haven't felt normal in so long and it feels amazing. I refused to take meds, just like you. Therapy is the key to conquering problems like this not meds. You don't have to trust them personally, but they are certified doctors and they went to 12 years of medical school for it they know what they're doing. Just give it a shot.
I might see one, one of these days.
I'll keep that in mind. Now if I can only do it without the family knowing of it. -_-
They have a horrible habit of babying someone who goes to a doctor and it really piss's me off when I am treated like I am not like everyone else.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
You can let your imagination run wild; while it may make an interesting fantasy book, don't ever confuse speculative theories with truth.

I believe the Earth's core is made of bubblegum. This is ridiculous, but you really can't prove this empirically.

saviorslegacy

You can let your imagination run wild; while it may make an interesting fantasy book, don't ever confuse speculative theories with truth.

I believe the Earth's core is made of bubblegum. This is ridiculous, but you really can't prove this empirically.
My book is based on some of my theories and the way things me go in the future. I don't have anything in there that is not explained by unproven Science.

*If it were bubble gum it would eventually come to the surface because its density would be lighter than that of Iron/rock. Doing so would give us the Willie Wonka Islands.
Science denies this theory with pure common knowledge.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
My book is based on some of my theories and the way things me go in the future. I don't have anything in there that is not explained by unproven Science.

*If it were bubble gum it would eventually come to the surface because its density would be lighter than that of Iron/rock. Doing so would give us the Willie Wonka Islands.
Science denies this theory with pure common knowledge.
So your "common knowledge" scientific "laws" are always true? Science has never been, and will never be totally correct. Until you show me a piece of the Earth's core, you're just using rationalism that could be based on false knowledge. Even then, I could easily say the core is made of diamond or gold- would those be dense enough to make a core?

I'd like to hear your explanation for your theory, so I'll raise a few questions: how do you know there's another dimension? Can you reword what you said about dark matter, because it sounds like you're saying that an "area of nothingness" has mass. Why would aura collapse upon itself?

I've never like "extra-dimension" theories, because it basically claims that there's something that we can never truly comprehend that somehow affects us. I always ask, "is there any reason to believe this?"

saviorslegacy

So your "common knowledge" scientific "laws" are always true? Science has never been, and will never be totally correct. Until you show me a piece of the Earth's core, you're just using rationalism that could be based on false knowledge. Even then, I could easily say the core is made of diamond or gold- would those be dense enough to make a core?

I'd like to hear your explanation for your theory, so I'll raise a few questions: how do you know there's another dimension? Can you reword what you said about dark matter, because it sounds like you're saying that an "area of nothingness" has mass. Why would aura collapse upon itself?

I've never like "extra-dimension" theories, because it basically claims that there's something that we can never truly comprehend that somehow affects us. I always ask, "is there any reason to believe this?"
So your point is that of a 9th grade test? That Science can never be truly proven because new evidence keeps on coming up to change what we call fact?
Science simply is an attempt to explain things. There are a series of ways to prove what a person theorizes but not everyone can be tested. Some things are attempted to be explained by deductive reasoning.

K, Aura is trying to bond to more Aura but it is stuck to its matter.
When to auric forces meet they try and bond, However this is impossible for them and the weaker forces ends up circling the other force in an attempt to bond.
However in area's of nothingness some aura is able to escape. They then become a mass.

Imagine taking a streamer and circling yourself with it. Now simulate a powerful explosion and striaghten it out. You now have a line. That is what I mean.

Read up on warping electrons. There is your semi proof that other dimensions are real.
Also, if you can make a stream of aura and pull it into this dimension it will become something that we can study.

Don't be so closed minded and talk about scinece at the same time. You can't have both. -_-

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry, but the drug companies are run like a buisness and not like an organization.
It is a sad truth. They would rather make profit then help us. Why do you think there are so many uneeded side effects? The active herbs in most drugs don't have many side effects at all, it's what is mixed with them.

For example, vaccine's are being put into small viles. These viles have small ammounts of mecury in them. Even this is harmful to your system and can cause autism.
Now they could use multi dose viles but after that vile has set open for a while it goes bad and it waisted.
They would rather risk our health than take a risk to their pocket book.
They want you sick.
Yes, drug companies are run like businesses. Making drugs, packaging them, shipping them--it all takes money. So, yes, they need to be able to make money in order to make product.

The reason there are side effects with medication is because of the inherent complexities of human physiology. Metabolism is the sum of all biochemical processes in a person's body; that's a lot of processes, and they all interact with each other such that when you change up one of them, it will rebound into all the others. But, sometimes, changing the systems is preferred because, otherwise, they will succumb to a particular disease that you are trying to get rid of. Thus, depending on the situation, the pros may outweigh the cons. Even though the cons (side effects) are not pleasant, the disease or disorder itself may be even less pleasant.

The inactive ingredients used in drugs affect the properties of the drug--things like dissolution, absorption, shelf life, things like that. The reason they are added is because the active ingredient of a drug can sometimes pass through the GI tract without be absorbed completely. Inactive ingredients may be added to help it stay in the body long enough to be absorbed. Other ingredients may help it dissolve so that the body takes it up faster. There are also things added so that the drugs can have a longer shelf life, have a higher resistance to moisture and humidity, or be more durable so that they don't break during transport. This things improve the product and make it safer for consumers.

Yes, mercury content is a cause for concern for vaccines. However, wasted vaccine is also a concern because it is a serious drain on resources. It takes a lot of energy, human resources, money, raw materials, and, perhaps most importantly, time to produce vaccines. It is not just their pocket books; it's everyone's pocket books. Vaccines--and just about everything else produced by human beings--don't just assemble themselves. Who is going to pay for it to be produced? Who is going to buy the raw materials, the personnel, and the machines and the electricity to run the factories?

Resources are not unlimited. The pros and the cons have to be weighed out. If the mercury content is too high, then the cons outweigh the pros. However, if it is below the amount known to cause harm, and if the disease that the vaccine has been developed for is extremely dangerous, then the pros of the vaccine outweigh the cons.

Most people have trace amounts of mercury in them already; it becomes a health risk if the dose exceeds a certain level. Therefore, theoretically, there is an acceptable level of dosage that will not cause health concerns. The challenge is in not exceeding that level.

My point is that this subject (speaking generally, NOT talking about your own choice whether to go to a doctor or not) is not something that you can figure out with armchair philosophy. You'd have to actually crunch out the numbers and do an analysis--and you'd have to do it on a case-by-case basis. For some diseases and conditions, it would not be worth it to take the risk of medication. But other conditions are more dire.

Yes, they would sell you anti-freeze as an elixir if they could get away with it. But the thing to remember is that they can't get away with it anymore in the current age, with the currently established system of laws and regulations. The pharmaceutical industry has changed since the FDA was established, and it continues to change as the FDA and other regulatory bodies continue to operate.

/rant

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Science simply is an attempt to explain things. There are a series of ways to prove what a person theorizes but not everyone can be tested. Some things are attempted to be explained by deductive reasoning.

K, Aura is trying to bond to more Aura but it is stuck to its matter.
When to auric forces meet they try and bond, However this is impossible for them and the weaker forces ends up circling the other force in an attempt to bond.
However in area's of nothingness some aura is able to escape. They then become a mass.

Read up on warping electrons. There is your semi proof that other dimensions are real.
Also, if you can make a stream of aura and pull it into this dimension it will become something that we can study.
If Aura is always stuck to matter, how can there be Aura in areas of nothingness?

Do you have empirical proof that Aura exists? And if not, can you show me deductive reasons that it must exist?

I google'd warping electrons and I didn't see any clear articles on it. Can you link an easy-to-understand article?

Again, I'll say that I never like extra-dimension theories. They claim the existence of something that we cannot perceive, comprehend, or understand by using reason, which is limited by the bounds of our perception of our "dimension."

Top Bottom