• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't know how I'd be banned, please help!

Platina

Smash Rookie
Sorry if I'm not doing the right, I just joined so this is all new to me.
My sister and I decided that we wanted to battle online for the first time since getting the game, yet we could not find any players. I was looking into it and all I could find was this banning thing that a lot of people seem to be getting frustrated with. Our internet connection is fine so that doesn't seem to be the issue, but I don't understand how we'd be banned if we've never played online before.
Our Wii U is second hand, so I was thinking that may be the issue, however it is currently logged into my Nintendo account and not the previous owner's.
Does anyone know what's going on??

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Are u getting any error codes? Maybe it has something to do with your router/modem settings. Gotta give more info.

Last edited:

Platina

Smash Rookie
Ah sorry! Well as far as I can tell there's no error codes or anything, I'm just waiting for opponents forever.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Try Tournament Mode. If you are unable to join then you are definitely banned.

You also mentioned your Wii U is second hand. Do you mean you bought it from someone, or got it used at a business? From my understanding (and from what I remember, please correct me if I'm wrong) the NNID isn't affected by the ban, but the actual Wii U itself. I think they did it this way to keep people from just making a new NNID to get past their banned status and such.

If that is the case, then it is just poor luck on your part unfortunately. I could be wrong on the NNID/System part though. There's quite a few threads here that talk about being banned so you may want to try and ask in one of them and see.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Don't forget, hun, that y'all can seek out opponents here and build up a friend list. According to many users, For Fun and For Glory alike will bring y'all pain and heartache, so I think you're better off without it anyway.

Top Bottom