• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I didn’t realize they were remaking EVERY stage!!!

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So... when the leaks spoil us to what stages are in and not in, that’s okay because why? We consented to be spoiled? But because Sakurai spoiled us, that’s not okay because why? We didn’t consent to be spoiled?
When leaks spoil us, there is a chance of them being fake because people are doing fake leaks all the time. But this is an official statement from Sakurai, so this is more real and more serious than the fake leaks the fans give us.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If 103 was the final stage count that would have quite some implications for the character roster. We ALWAYS get a stage for a 3rd party series character being introduced unless they are from the same franchise. Not to mention that it would be weird for newcomers that are from unrepresented franchises in the roster. I highly doubt there won't be at least a few new stages announced.
...and I highly doubt there will be newcomers from new series. I really think Smash fans are, as always, setting themselves up for dissapointment.

Freecs

Smash Cadet
So... when the leaks spoil us to what stages are in and not in, that’s okay because why? We consented to be spoiled? But because Sakurai spoiled us, that’s not okay because why? We didn’t consent to be spoiled?
The stages are all unlocked from the beginning anyway.

if a stage is similar to another would that mean they require less effort to put in?
Visual wise or the platform layouts? Unless it’s a crazy stage like Orbital Assault, then the visual design is where most of the effort will go into.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
...and I highly doubt there will be newcomers from new series. I really think Smash fans are, as always, setting themselves up for dissapointment.
What makes you say that? They literally just added a new series to the roster like 2 weeks ago. Is it really that much of a stretch to think that they might add at least 1 character from a new franchise in the next what, 4 months?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What makes you say that? They literally just added a new series to the roster like 2 weeks ago. Is it really that much of a stretch to think that they might add at least 1 character from a new franchise in the next what, 4 months?
I hope you are right, but I really think people are expecting too much at this point. The wording in the direct, as well as the fact that the stage section of smashbros.com does not seem to be set up to accept new, dynamic content in the same way as items and characters makes me highly doubtful we will get any new stages.

I could be wrong, hey, I hope I am wrong, but this is starting to feel like the Ridley's Shadow of Smash Ultimate.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope you are right, but I really think people are expecting too much at this point. The wording in the direct, as well as the fact that the stage section of smashbros.com does not seem to be set up to accept new, dynamic content in the same way as items and characters makes me highly doubtful we will get any new stages.

I could be wrong, hey, I hope I am wrong, but this is starting to feel like the Ridley's Shadow of Smash Ultimate.
man it's to bad websites can not be edited :p

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who wishes that Saffron City had been updated just a little more. I understand the nostalgia factor, but those sprites seemed very low quality compared to everything else. And while I honestly wished a complete revamp (3D mon coming out for exame), just having the sprites a little bit updated would help a lot. It was my favourite stage from 64 btw and I am glad it's back atleast.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who wishes that Saffron City had been updated just a little more. I understand the nostalgia factor, but those sprites seemed very low quality compared to everything else. And while I honestly wished a complete revamp (3D mon coming out for exame), just having the sprites a little bit updated would help a lot. It was my favourite stage from 64 btw and I am glad it's back atleast.
I'm happy the way it is. I was actually pleasantly surprised they didn't update them even more or even switched them with polygon models. As a Spriter, I'm already happy when I see any sprites at all. ^^

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And no, there are no placeholders. Smash Wiki has all 103 stages listed, Sakurai said the total number was 103, and he said all stages are available from the start. And when you count the stages on the select screen, that's 103. There's 103 stages in the game period. He completely spoiled us to what stages are in and not in.
>Sakurai isn't telling us stuff fast enough.
>Sakurai told us too much too fast.

Make up your goddamn mind, Smashboards.

Top Bottom