• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't use dancing blade properly on FG.

i just lost 2 matches in a row with the same person, because side b screwed up at the WORST. POSSIBLE. TIME.
do any of you experience this problem? is it the constant input lag?
or do i need to practice?
using all 3 hits of the move is easy offline, but i keep messing it up online..

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yep. Online shenanigans.

Inputs register inconsistently online and is the primary reason why some characters are better online and others are worse online.

Inputs register inconsistently online and is the primary reason why some characters are better online and others are worse online.
makes sense
so that's why there are so many fg links
but is there truly no way for lucina/marth players to reliably use the move online?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
makes sense
so that's why there are so many fg links
but is there truly no way for lucina/marth players to reliably use the move online?
Not in my experience. If the connection is subpar it'll more than likely not finish the combo. Which is why I don't rely on it as much when I do decide to play FG.

...Which is why I do not play FG as Lucina unless I'm feeling masochistic.

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
This is kind of late but part of playing online is adapting to the connection. I use dancing blade very well online because I adapt my timing to the speed of the game. If the game slows down a bit you have to slow your button timing with it and same goes for if the game speeds up from being laggy. Some people think that playing online ruins their timing for offline but really it's because they can't adapt. Adaption is the key to competitive fighting games.

Of course if the darn connection is lagging 1 frame a second then just get the heck out of there. Lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not very surprising. It happens most of the time when I play as her.

The consequences of playing online with lag.

DanceLouisDance

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9158-5550
Yep. Online shenanigans.

What i do is that when i see that it getting laggy i only do 2 hits and run away. because the 3rd hit is mostly affected by the lag

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Sometimes I find that I have to anticipate some of the lag and wait slightly longer between button presses to make up for it. Using Dancing Blade online requires adjusting your timing, and due to lag's changing severity it can be very difficult to deal with. Best of luck to you. ;)

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
My least favorite part is when i counter half way through. It's the last thing i want to do when im comboing. Also, i know you aren't pete. I'm Pete. And I've been knighted

Top Bottom