• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't stand Bayonetta's stupid recovery.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
It's supposed to be JUMP then UPB not the other way around. God this part of her is stupid.
Also how do I use moves out of WTwist at 100 or more?

Fenny

Smash Ace
It's supposed to be JUMP then UPB not the other way around. God this part of her is stupid.
Well I mean it still is

You'll just almost certainly die from any substantial vertical distance if you do rofl

it takes a bit of time to get used to

Also how do I use moves out of WTwist at 100 or more?
At that point it's completely dependent on you either following where they go or finishing with an immediate aerial if possible. That or you don't at all because they're sent too far and you have to rely on other methods to kill them. Can't give you a concrete answer unfortunately.

Zalezus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zal3zus
I always try to save my double jump no matter who I play, just with Bayo it's a damn near necessity to keep your recovery options open. It's actually a good habit to be in, saving your double jump that is.

As for the WTw, it depends on the fall speed, DI, and weight of the target. But typically (for me) the only thing to do at that percent is really ABK or DJ ABK(sometimes you need to DJ to catch);even if it whiffs you're still underneath or beside the target and can use a falling or DJ rising aerial, even bait a reaction to Witch Time, or just fast fall and punish landing with grab, HS or w/e, all depending on if the target air dodges, jumps, or takes your approach bait.

Something a buddy of mine noticed at TBH6 through friendlies is if you wait longer before doing anything after WTw, you can better position yourself and read your target's reaction. The key is to decide the timing of your ABK quickly (immediate/buffered, slight delay, max delay) however; hesitation makes any follow up more difficult and less true than it was already going to be.

All of that only really applies to WTw1...WTw2 is a different story.

Top Bottom