• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't seem to beat Inceneroar

WumboTheSecond

Thief of Hearts
So I am primarily a Cloud main. And for me, Incineroar is a nightmare both for me playing Online and Locally in tournaments. 3 of his hits get me to about 80% and I can't seem to get a grip on the move he uses that throws you against the rails of an arena and then hits you into the air. If I see Incinroar in Online I know for sure I am about to have a bad time. Can anyone give me any advice on fighting Incineroar and how to react to some of his attacks. Advice from an Incineroar Main themseleves. Thank you

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
Well for one alot of incineroars specials have a reasonable amount of endlag. If u can make him whiff one its a free punish. Another thing is to be careful when hitting him when he uses up b as it has armor going up , however none going down so that in itself is a free hit. Darkest lariat also invincinibility on his arms but not on his head or on his legs which most dtilts can reach on the former. Dont get too aggressive without it being a true combo or mixijg with some grabs cause revenge is a free punish when the opp is playing too aggressive. Try to learn the distance of his side b as well so u can know when to spot dodge or roll out of the way. What incine players want is for u to shield alot so they can go for grabs or side b. Incine aerials are no slouches either as they are relatively fast (save for dair) for a heavy. Honestly othet than that just take time and learn the matchup. Not sure what u may be struggling with. Cloud vs incine matchup is more in clouds favor imo.

WumboTheSecond

Thief of Hearts
Well for one alot of incineroars specials have a reasonable amount of endlag. If u can make him whiff one its a free punish. Another thing is to be careful when hitting him when he uses up b as it has armor going up , however none going down so that in itself is a free hit. Darkest lariat also invincinibility on his arms but not on his head or on his legs which most dtilts can reach on the former. Dont get too aggressive without it being a true combo or mixijg with some grabs cause revenge is a free punish when the opp is playing too aggressive. Try to learn the distance of his side b as well so u can know when to spot dodge or roll out of the way. What incine players want is for u to shield alot so they can go for grabs or side b. Incine aerials are no slouches either as they are relatively fast (save for dair) for a heavy. Honestly othet than that just take time and learn the matchup. Not sure what u may be struggling with. Cloud vs incine matchup is more in clouds favor imo.
Ok that really helps thank you so much!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Use a fast campy runaway character, or a character that beats him in most areas, like DK.
Please dont associate Incineroar with the guy who ruined wrestling for billions of fans.
I'm just making a joke and besides, as a big wrestling fan, I don't like Cena either. I miss the old Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Era days before he came.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm just making a joke and besides, as a big wrestling fan, I don't like Cena either. I miss the old Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Era days before he came.
Thinking of it now, Inci reminds me of a young Scott Steiner, or RVD.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I cannot believe I'm saying this but I'm actually having trouble with him as a freaking ROB main, the piece of garbage just corners me and I'm scared of that side b like its the plague and I'm too scared to go offstage

Last edited:

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I cannot believe I'm saying this but I'm actually having trouble with him as a freaking ROB main, the piece of garbage just corners me and I'm scared of that side b like its the plague and I'm too scared to go offstage
A ROB main that's terrified of a Side-B is the ultimate irony.

On topic, there's a few things you can do to make life easier:
• If you can dodge or block his smash attacks or specials, you have a free punish
• His grab has a pathetic range for such a large character
• Don't shoot your fully charged neutral B unless you know for sure he can't/won't Revenge it
• Be wary of using charged Smash attacks if he's near
• ROB has far better air mobility and recovery than Incineroar. If you knock him off, there's a good chance that he's going to be unable to come back at high %s
• If he manages to score a Revenge on you, he's most likely going to follow it up with a Side B or a Smash attack, both of which have pretty poor range compared to ROB's tools
• His low % combos will always start with a Dthrow to Fair
• If you're above 100%, he can easily UpThrow to UpAir for an easy KO
• When you get over 80%, stay away from the edge of the stage. His FThrow can easily KO you

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
so is the regular beam over super beam better in this matchup?
I'd say it depends a lot on the Incineroar you're playing against. Most Incins with decent reaction/wifi will just Revenge the super beam (unless he's at high % and can dodge it) and then punish you for it. If he's stuck in the end lag of a move though, fire away (unless you're far away enough that he can react to it after being able to move again)

Another thing to keep in mind is that super beam's size makes it easier for him to just tank the move. It's better to go by a match-by-match basis.

EDIT: also, your DownB is your strongest friend in certain matchups. Not only can it poke from afar, but can edge guard very well versus some characters. Just don't rely on it too often.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I'd say it depends a lot on the Incineroar you're playing against. Most Incins with decent reaction/wifi will just Revenge the super beam (unless he's at high % and can dodge it) and then punish you for it. If he's stuck in the end lag of a move though, fire away (unless you're far away enough that he can react to it after being able to move again)

Another thing to keep in mind is that super beam's size makes it easier for him to just tank the move. It's better to go by a match-by-match basis.

EDIT: also, your DownB is your strongest friend in certain matchups. Not only can it poke from afar, but can edge guard very well versus some characters. Just don't rely on it too often.
problem is, I have no real idea how to use gyro, I just kinda throw it out

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
problem is, I have no real idea how to use gyro, I just kinda throw it out
After you throw the gyro, you can pick it up and then drop it if you're on the stage (default is the same button as grab) and it'll keep spinning. If an opponent touches it, they'll take small damage. They can, however, still pick it up normally if they space it just right.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
After you throw the gyro, you can pick it up and then drop it if you're on the stage (default is the same button as grab) and it'll keep spinning. If an opponent touches it, they'll take small damage. They can, however, still pick it up normally if they space it just right.
I mean more strategically.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I mean more strategically.
Zoning and spacing. The entire use is supposed to be something the opponent had to avoid or jump over, which in turn, means they have a more predictable approach that you can manipulate.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Zoning and spacing. The entire use is supposed to be something the opponent had to avoid or jump over, which in turn, means they have a more predictable approach that you can manipulate.
So its basically gordo but with more speed and stage control over painful combos and damage

Top Bottom