• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't believe I'm still getting mad on For Glory

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I honestly wish having a VERY long break from playing Smash would consistently improve my mood...

But I seriously can't believe that players on For Glory who happen to be damn good at the game (and punishing A LOT of my irrational habits) still get me so mad whenever they make it clear what their message is as soon as they taunt and teabag me.

Just after playing with a Pikachu and Mario player named hage-2, I was literally screaming as usual, and my mother was getting mad at me for blowing up.
I was shaking, and I could barely make proper inputs like so and my self-negative perceptions of what winners had every right to do to losers was popping in again.

Looking at it like that from that viewpoint (via hopefully some more positive viewpoints from playing League of Legends) has made me not mad afterwards...but scared.

I only won against that rude player as soon as I used Wario and won through some solid luck. But it was clear that the other player really wanted me to eat **** just because I was bad at a video game.
Doesn't help in that I via someone else coaching me in LoL that I have a very self-deteatist personality.

I wish I didn't have to get so mad at Smash again....and remembering jiyunajp's video, I realized that I just had to stop playing after getting so damn mad.....

I'm very upset at myself for still letting this happen to me even though I took a good break from the game overall and even had more positive posts on this........just why....?

And yes, I do indeed run into For Glory players who are very very godlike at the game and taunt away like they're Nairo-followers.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
SneaselSawashiro SneaselSawashiro When you're playing against someone that is making you upset, you have to leave the match and find someone else. Don't give them any more satisfaction. There's no reason to play with a troll when there are thousands of other people on For Glory you could be fighting instead. And when you get matched up against someone else that makes you upset, repeat the process and look for someone else again. Remember these people are hiding behind a screen, I bet if you played IRL with any of these people it would be a different story.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
You have full control over their ability to upset you. When they are trying to tilt you, if it's working, you just need to leave the lobby. SD twice if you need to. Don't feel the need to teach them a lesson. Even if you succeed in that, they're just going to leave and find someone else's nerves to get on. Be selfish and find someone to play against that is worth your time and energy.

Sometimes I feel like I could just copy and paste any reply from any other "FG makes me mad" thread and get my point across.

DearGodzTheStupid

Smash Rookie
Months later and you still have taken no ones advice to fix your anger. Stop asking for advice and never taking it to heart. Its incredibly rude.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Such is the nature of online play, sugar pie. If these players are still pissing y'all off, find another room or put the game down and seek counseling before you eventually destroy your 3DS. Now, I noticed y'all asked for help against certain fighters over time. Stop disregarding their advice and y'all might win more games. Don't forget that Smash is supposed to be fun and does not necessarily require winning in order to have it.

I am still praying for y'all...

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
if you find your blood pressure spiking again just take a step back while you're on the respawn platform, take a deep breath, and realize that you're likely playing against a 10-year-old alpharad fan

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Update:

Of course, I have to realize the other main factor about For Glory is that EVERYONE has to be very disrespectful. They NEVER give me any props for trying, and ONLY look to make me feel so miserable from a death by getting hit with dumb ****.

It's so damn hard to improve when everyone has to tell me to go kill myself upon realizing how bad I am. It's like I'm in Challenger Elo in League of Legends or something.

And yes, I'm ashamed to admit that I'm a HORRIBLE learner; I struggle in school irl for a reason.....

I also realize that via a coaching lesson for LoL I previously had (mock and hate me for I'm bronze), I basically focus way too much on trying to win and what people think of me. I mean, I have to deal with toxic players all the time, and they just seem WAY more abundant on For Glory than in League.

Problem is, these toxic players are just good. I have to slip up a huge majority of the times and I can't take learning to heart since I have to think about what people are saying to me whenever I fail ("time to put you on YouTube"; "avoid this dumb player"; "I'm gonna burn his house down").

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Alright, look...

I tried time and time again to give you advice and help you out. Many others did the same thing.

If what we gave you in terms of advice is still not helping you then perhaps you shouldn't step foot into For Glory at all. You obviously can't accept people are going to act like that online, and you obviously can't control your anger either apparently.

Stop going into the mode and you won't have anything to complain about or anything to upset you. We have Threads for Wii U & 3DS Matchmaking where you can find opponents here instead who wouldn't try to upset you (at least not on purpose anyways). They could even give you advice after you're done smashing. They could tell you exactly what you do wrong and much more.

Concerned that you won't find anyone still?

There's Smash Discords as well. Don't have Discord? There's Anthers Ladder too. Don't want to go there?

Then just message folks here asking them if they want to smash and give you advice. SmashBoards does have a PM system and as long as you don't spam thirty different folks with the same message I see no issue with trying that out. I've gotten random messages before from folks and it didn't bother me at all. Just try it. Try reaching your hand out to folks. Get yourself a long term Smash partner and quit complaining and feeling sorry for yourself every time someone tries to rub dirt in your face online.

The more you beat yourself down the harder it's going to be to pick yourself back up.

Stop playing the victim card and stop complaining. Don't you dare set foot into For Glory then come back here to post up yet another Thread complaining about how someone hurt your feelings because you aren't good enough. Everyone is bound to get sick of that eventually and stop caring. Stop torturing yourself with For Glory and meet some REAL players here who will help.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
If y'all want to succeed at this game, I suggest y'all change up your attitude. No doubt there are toxic players out there but they're not necessarily the majority. Given your regular complaints, y'all would be better off playing offline modes. And please stop bringing that "every online player is toxic" mess on here. The lot of us already gave you advice and I frankly had it up to here listening to this ****.

Can't handle the cold nature of online play? Stick to offline mode or y'all can quit Smash for good. I'm sure y'all will have more fun playing YuGiOh or Chinese checkers or something...

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Well, now that I look at this, I seriously think I should just delete my account and sell my Smash. I'm clearly not having fun, I'm clearly thinking way too much of what others think of me and taking toxic-threat-assumptions to heart, and my mind like in school is so bad at learning things and taking advice. Not to mention I STILL don't know how to properly play on Anther's Ladder's system without needing to add a million friend codes and going out of my way to fail at scheduling play times while spamming "ARE YOU FREE ARE YOU FREE ARE YOU FREE".

I think I might as well quit since no matter what, I keep doing the same mistakes over and over again.....not even Izaw's recent Art of Pit video (both Pits are some of the primary picks I play) can help me if I'm that bad at learning ****.

So whatever bad mouthing you have at me on both these boards and upon encountering me on For Glory (as "Juuyoh" of course), then by all means express your contempt. I honestly don't think I can do anything good about this anymore because I keep breaking promises.

Plus, I play the 3DS version. If I have to pick up the WiiU version I need to grind for a crapton, and that version is by far the most accessible. It's not like I can ever encounter Izaw on 3DS nowadays, can I?

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Honey, I'm not the kind of person that shows disrespect to anyone, so y'all don't have to worry about that. We members were only trying to help you improve. But if y'all decide to quit, stop talking about it and do it. None of us here can change your mind. Don't forget: I'm praying for you, the same as I do any other soul.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Then buy a second hand Wii U. I'm sure you can get one for fairly cheap now. It's way easier to play the game with an actual controller.

Or just quit and find some other game's community to get mad at. Warning: There are way worse ones out there.

IamZang

Smash Rookie
As a new member to Smashboards, those trolls online are certainly not representative of the smash community as a whole. The majority of people here especially are extremely encouraging and helpful. PM someone random and chances are they'll be willing to give you some form of personal help. However, it seems like this might be a larger issue than just smash. I don't mean to be invasive in your business, but having issues of being overly sensitive to criticism is a real problem and isn't the same as "getting mad about a video game".

Top Bottom