• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can make a record of your progress - Ness Tournament Results and Discussion

Noa.

Smash Master
Got T-73rd (if my math is right) at Smashcon. Not as good as somebody else on here (:D) but not bad for my only OoR event and 750 entrants.
Made it out of pools through losers (lost in winners to Max Ketchum 1-2) then won my first match then lost to a pacman who won a couple matches in top 32 so I lost to great players at least.
(not that this is something i want in the op, just figured it be the best place for it)
I don't think that's too bad at all. Haja
9/150 @TGC4 (August 15th)
13/47 in teams (with shadow1pj)
http://smashboards.com/rankings/tgc-4-1vs1-wiiu.8074/event

Beat ALSM and Mbone, lost to wall and flip. Fun games all around!

Still need to refine dubs though..
Yeah we talked about this already but good **** for beating notable players. Always nice!

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Took 4th/19 at Ganon's Gauntlet 35 on August 20th.

http://challonge.com/GG35

First time in the money! Was really excited. Walked out with a profit of $1.

Played a D3 and batted a Gordo back for 116%!!!! It was a little ridiculous hahaha. Got put into losers by this amazing Zelda player, then faced him again for 4th place and beat him that time which was AWESOME. Never managed to beat him until that time. Definitely seeing improvement. Got knocked out by Hamyojo, a Yoshi player, mainly cause I don't understand the matchup quite yet. I was doing good, but he knew how to get in on me. My usual gimps didn't work cause of Yoshi's super armor. But, y'know, it happens. I'll try and beat him next time!

Definitely a higher level of competition at Shockwave, so I'll probably be going to those more often, but this was a welcome change and it just felt nice to place high.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Took 4th/19 at Ganon's Gauntlet 35 on August 20th.

http://challonge.com/GG35

First time in the money! Was really excited. Walked out with a profit of $1.

Played a D3 and batted a Gordo back for 116%!!!! It was a little ridiculous hahaha. Got put into losers by this amazing Zelda player, then faced him again for 4th place and beat him that time which was AWESOME. Never managed to beat him until that time. Definitely seeing improvement. Got knocked out by Hamyojo, a Yoshi player, mainly cause I don't understand the matchup quite yet. I was doing good, but he knew how to get in on me. My usual gimps didn't work cause of Yoshi's super armor. But, y'know, it happens. I'll try and beat him next time!

Definitely a higher level of competition at Shockwave, so I'll probably be going to those more often, but this was a welcome change and it just felt nice to place high.
Hey good job at beating a player that you haven't been able to before. And we all start somewhere with money. I'm sure you'll start doing even better!

Also I saw in racket that your tag was Zei. Do you want me to change your name in the OP to that?

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Hey good job at beating a player that you haven't been able to before. And we all start somewhere with money. I'm sure you'll start doing even better!

Also I saw in racket that your tag was Zei. Do you want me to change your name in the OP to that?
You can do it in a parenthesis, cause I'd like it to be associated on here with that (rather than just player "Zei", y'know?).

But yeah, I'm excited for my next tournament! Hoping to become a known DFW player before I leave in about 9 months. Or at least good enough to take my skills elsewhere and make a name.

Noa.

Smash Master
You can do it in a parenthesis, cause I'd like it to be associated on here with that (rather than just player "Zei", y'know?).

But yeah, I'm excited for my next tournament! Hoping to become a known DFW player before I leave in about 9 months. Or at least good enough to take my skills elsewhere and make a name.
Where are you off to in 9 months?

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post, just posting results!

Took 17th/72 at Shockwave 42 in Plano, TX on 8/26/2015
http://tloc.challonge.com/sw44

I was doin pretty good this time. Really satisfied with how I played for the most part. Had some tough matches, but I pulled through for 17th. Not as good as I know I can do, but I'm getting there!

First match was against an Ike. He was alright. His spacing was good, but he didn't know how to approach Ness. I promptly beat him and moved on.

After that I lost to Mew^2. He ended up taking 5th, so I'm not too upset. They were close games, though! If I hadn't SDed once in both matches I might have been able to take the second game off of him. He knew Mewtwo really well and knew the combos, but Ness nair too stronk.

Then I played some kid. He wasn't good, so I 2 stocked him twice. He was really cool and nice though.

I then played against PIKA who played, well, Pikachu! He was REALLY good too. He took the first match, I CPd Duck Hunt (GREAT decision against Pikachu, by the way) and won and then third match was REALLY close but I got the win with PKT2 while he was trying to stagespike me. It was lucky, but, hey it happens!

After that played Domin0, a Falco player. He was really good and REALLY patient, but I found the holes in his game and took advantage.

Got knocked out by Critter afterwards, who is the best Ike player there. He was a challenge and after the first game I had him sweating. He beat me, but they were good matches. I feel I could have taken him, but shiz happens.

All in all, I'm really happy with how I played. I am steadily seeing improvements and soon enough I'll be chillin with the other Ness' in 13th! Almost there, and then I just gotta beat thte top 10 in DFW. It's a long road, but one that will be worth it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Got a bunch for you guys here.

4th out of 91 / S@X Weekly / 7-7-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
7th out of 89 / S@X Weekly / 7-14-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
7th out of 103 / S@X Weekly / 7-21-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
1st out of 40 / The Pre-Con Party / 7-23-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
4th out of 32 / Defend This House / 7-25-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
9th out of 116 / S@X Weekly / 7-28-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
13th out of 111 / S@X Weekly / 8-4-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
13th out of 739 / Super Smash Con / 8-7-15 / Chantilly, Virginia
9th out of 113 / S@X Weekly / 8-11-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
1st out of 34 / Smash at HTG / 8-18-15 / California, Maryland
1st out of 31 / Smash at HTG / 8-25-15 / California, Maryland
1st out of 8 / Smash at Stomp / 8-30-15 / Baltimore, Maryland

This was my entire Summer of Smash here. Went to every single Xanadu event, and even a few different ones on the side. I’d say I was pretty consistent throughout my placings overall. I slipped a little by the end, with a couple of 9ths and a 13th. I think I need a little bit of a break, so I’m going to put the game down competitively for a while. School starts up tomorrow too, so even more reason to take a break.

My highlight here though is my placement at Super Smash Con. I feel like I did really well for my first national tournament, and I placed higher than anyone else in my region. I’m rather proud of how I did, and even if 13th doesn’t seem like that much, it means a lot to me, considering this was the biggest tournament I’ve ever attended, and as mentioned, my first real national competition. Lost to Fatality and Raptor, respectively one of the best Falcon and Yoshi mains ever. Can’t say I didn’t lose to good people!

Also, MDVA PR season ended on 8/16. My goal was to place top 10, and that goal was reached. I now sit at #6 on my region’s PR, and I feel pretty proud of that. I feel like MDVA also got a lot better over these past few months, so I feel like I really worked for this.

Since PR season ended mid-August, I decided to sample a few other scenes in the area (and because I wanted to see some of my friends there XP). I tried a couple of weeks at High Tide Games and one very small nearby local (beat a Rosalina in GFs though hey-o). They were a bit easier in terms of competition, but I just wanted to check it out.

Overall, I feel like I’ve learned a lot this Summer and gotten a lot better at Smash. I even have come to realize what I could have done to improve my placements over time, because I still think there are things I could do to perform even better. It was a lot of fun, but I think I’ve gotten a bit tired from the game. Like I mentioned, I’m gonna go into soft retirement for a while for school. I’ll still be around to post tech, discuss matchups, and chat with the Ness crew in general though.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I know doubles tournaments aren't going to be in the OP but I'd like to share this one because it showed me how important Ness is to cover some matchups I struggle with Yoshi.

N-Party Doubles http://1upsmash.com/topic/8549457/1/

I was using Yoshi and my team really struggled against the teams that got 2nd and 3rd, I really thought we were going to lose the winners finals set after losing really badly the first match, but then I switched to Ness and our performance really improved and I decided to stick with ness for the rest of the tourney. I honestly don't think we would have won this tournament if I kept using Yoshi.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
I know doubles tournaments aren't going to be in the OP but I'd like to share this one because it showed me how important Ness is to cover some matchups I struggle with Yoshi.

N-Party Doubles http://1upsmash.com/topic/8549457/1/

I was using Yoshi and my team really struggled against the teams that got 2nd and 3rd, I really though we were going to lose the winners finals set after losing really badly the first match, but then I switched to Ness and our performance really improved and I decided to stick with ness for the rest of the tourney. I honestly don't think we would have won this tournament if I kept using Yoshi.
Which characters were in those other teams? And yeah maining two characters is really potent.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
My partner was using MK, the team that placed 2nd place was a Peach and a Mario, and the team that placed 3rd was a Sonic and a Luigi.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Ah I misunderstood. Didn't realize that
I used fox at my other tournaments and placed horribly. I think my ness skills are considerably better.
Ah I misunderstood. Didn't rest too closely. If you're doing better with Ness he must make a good fit for you.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Friend didn't come to Nebs cause he had to get a playstation 2 or something.

I got to Round 5 in Losers and round 7 of losers would have determined who plays in Grand Finals so I feel like I got pretty far. Can't find the bracket rn so I will post it later. Also I lost to an amazing 11 year old kid that played Mario and Captain Falcon. :p

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Hi guys, i've been maining Ness for pretty much the entirety of this games life thus far, and I have a couple questions.

What are Ness's best/worst neutral stages?

Also best/worst counterpicks?

I'm mostly just talking generally because I know certain matchups change this. I feel like battlefield and delfino are pretty solid, and I know to stay away from lylat. Any general stage advice?

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hi guys, i've been maining Ness for pretty much the entirety of this games life thus far, and I have a couple questions.

What are Ness's best/worst neutral stages?

Also best/worst counterpicks?

I'm mostly just talking generally because I know certain matchups change this. I feel like battlefield and delfino are pretty solid, and I know to stay away from lylat. Any general stage advice?
Neutral stages
Best: FD, T and C and Smashville
Worst: Lylat Cruise

Counter pick stages
Best: Castle Siege, Delfino, Duck Hunt
As for worst IDK? I don't think Ness has a CP stage he really suffers in. But I may be wrong.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Depends on MU really, and also player. I'm pretty sure DH is normally good for us versus Rosa but I hated it going against DX's Rosalina so I ended up banning it and it did wonders.

DH in general I think is bad for us against Sonic too, but I could also be wrong there.

Smashville is really amazing for us, Fthrow off the platform is something you should keep in the back of your mind because it WILL swing games and possibly sets.

BF is decent, PKPP is a decent option there occasionally but for the most part I don't think our sharking game is efficient enough there for it to be worth our while in most MUs.

The rest are pretty cool, to be honest if you like a stage and enjoy it you'll probably do well there even if it's technically a bad stage for you. I really love T and C and it's an average stage for Ness but because I feel confident with it I tend to be able to make it work for me most of the time. ^_^

But yeah, this discussion probably deserves to be in another thread. :p

Last edited:

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
25th out of 67 at Shockwave 46 in Plano, TX on 9/9/2016

http://tloc.challonge.com/sw46

Got a lot of friendlies in so that was good! First match was against a Lucas player. 2 stocked him twice and even got a PSI Magnet gimp at 20% or so. Was alright.

After that went against Mew^2 again. I SDED 3 TIMES I'M SO PISSED. The stock where I was not dying at 40% due to BS I ended up taking his stock and doing significant damage to his second. I know I can beat him; it's literally RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME. But I keep SDing and that's unacceptable.

Played an Olimar/ZSS player. He was alright, ended up beating him pretty handily.

Then went against a Luigi. Really, really patient. He beat me first game, I destroyed him the second, but then the third he beat me. I just couldn't get the kill. Finally got it, was at about 100% and playing safe to avoid the grab. Got him in a PK Fire, read the back roll but dash grabbed too early and he got me with an Fsmash. Should've beaten him, but shiz happens.

Got to play a lot of friendlies with Awestin, the local best Ness (who took 3rd) and learned a lot. Was doing really good at first, but towards our 10th or so game he started destroying me. Then i found out what the difference was between a good player (me) and a great player (him). Or intermediate/advanced. Whatever works.

Played Karna too. Couldn't even get a stock on him, but I got him to about 100% every game and was starting to figure him out. But Sheik is hard to deal with. I just need better spacing.

Overall I did worse than normal, but I'm happy with how I did in general. I'm getting better and I can tell. Figuring out how to deal with patient players and playing more patiently to bait commitments when I need to. I still wanna play aggro - just cause it's so fun - so I just gotta work on my skill!

(as an aside, I watched Awestin beat AeroLink, a Rosa player. Which is always satisfying)

Last edited:

Meccs

@Meccs_
Church of Smash Weekly VII - Boston, MA -10/8/2015
3rd of 34
challonge.com/cosvii
Glad to be back :)

omgitsrichie

Smash Rookie
NNID
omgitsrichie
3DS FC
2938-7292-7430
5 out of 12 (21?) / CoMoMo 5 / 6-30-15 / Columbia, MO
http://comosmash.challonge.com/comomo5wiiutop12
(Old bracket I forgot to post...but it was the first and only out-of-city tourney I've participated in ^__^)

And it turns out I still managed to sneak some tourneys in between school and work this semester after all.

5 out of 25 / STL BarWarz Series V / 11-2-15 / St. Louis, MO
http://stlbarwarz.challonge.com/11022015smash

5 out of 24 / STL BarWarz Series V / 11-2-15 / St. Louis, MO
http://stlbarwarz.challonge.com/11302015smash

7 out of 24 (48?) / WUnderland II: Winter Wunderland / 11-7-15 / St. Louis, MO
https://smash.gg/tournament/wunderland-ii-winter-wunderland/brackets/10652/2764/8631

Once again, the tag is Fail Whale. Parentheses include players in pools as well.

So now the two players I'm losing to are Meta Knight and Bowser(?!?!?). I feel less bad about losing to the MK since he's the top player in our state, though it would be nice to get some tips on that MU. But I definitely should not be losing to Bowser. I just don't know how to deal with whirling fortress oos and I keep getting grabbed. I'm afraid to go off stage since he's managed to Bowsercide me several times. And I've been fair'd into the blast zone while recovering and died at like 50% in our last game of the set ;__; I don't even want to imagine what it'll be like with the new Bowser buffs.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh boy I got a lot of updates incoming regarding my progress lol
But I really didn't want to make a new post after each weekly and now I got my Wii U haha.

7th out of 37 / Smashloft Weekly #38 / 09-03-2015 / Montreal, Quebec
5th out of 57 / Smashloft Weekly #40 / 09-17-2015 / Montreal, Quebec
9th out of 75 / Smashloft Weekly #44 / 10-15-2015 / Montreal, Quebec
7th out of 61 / Smashloft Weekly #45 / 10-22-2015 / Montreal, Quebec
4th out of 39 / Smashloft Weekly #46 / 10-29-2015 / Montreal, Quebec
3rd out of 56 / Smashloft Weekly #49 / 11-19-2015 / Montreal, Quebec
7th out of 121 / Smash Intensifies 2 / 11-28-2015 / Montreal, Quebec (FIRST REGIONAL BOYZ)
5th out of 43 / Smashloft Weekly #51 / 12-17-2015 / Montreal, Quebec
9th out of 83 / ECHO 2016 / 01-02-2016 / Ottawa, Ontario (FIRST OoR tourney)
3rd out of 42 / Monday Night Mathem #37 / 01-04-2016 / Ottawa, Ontario

I know you're not putting dubs in the OP but:
9th out of 26 / ECHO 2016 / 01-02-2016 / Ottawa, Ontario
I teamed with my friend Dunston (also from Montreal), we went Ness + Pika/Lucas/Ness (he went about an even mix of each). We did have to fight Holy's team but honestly I was proud of how I played, plus I even cheesed Holy on SV with the F-Throw and both him and his partner were on last stock. :p

I will note that ECHO had the same stage list as Anther's current stagelist, but the others were with Delfino/Siege/Halberd legal and 2 bans. I kinda hate having this conflict between banning either T&C or Lylat cause I really hate them both lol.

==

I came back to Ottawa 2 days after ECHO, boy was it fun and I'm already a fan favorite there (srsly I've been oddshotted at least 3 times lol). I've gotten many compliments too (Jpeds and Gains, a Diddy and Luigi respectively told me I was the best Ness they've played) and I got recognition after beating a Rosa (too bad it wasn't on stream tho lol).

Being in Top 8 (or at the worst, JUST outside of it) seems to be a consistent thing for me. I still have many, many MUs to learn, but 2016 has started off great and I aim to keep growing and learning,. Speaking of growing, I'm turning 18 in... 3 weeks already (birthday's on the 29th). Damn! XD
^And yes I'm still only 17, and one of the youngest in my scene. :p

==

I know most of y'all have seen these oddshots already cause I've posted them in the group chats I'm in, but:
ECHO 2016 Highlight
DIMENSIONAL SHAZAM! (LOWER VOLUME PLZ)
CALM DOWN TIMMY (JUST KEEP YOUR VOLUME DOWN BEFORE YOU CLICK)

Honestly I have LITERALLY never fought an MK before... THAT HAPPENS LOL. Also me vs QB was mistakenly labelled WFs, it was Loser's Semis. =P

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Got back into Aus and went to a tournament and I'm pretty happy with the result! <3

1st out of 40 / Smashing Good Time S2 E4 / 7-2-2016 / UTS, Sydney, Australia

Other characters used? - :4lucas:

http://qldsmash.com/Results/NSW?t=Smashing Good Time S2 E4

My controller was screwing up and my opponents were really nice to me about it, so this result is a little tentative and we'll have to see if I can keep up with a more stable controller. For the most part though, I'm really happy with this. I came back from losers in possibly the most arduous GFs set I've ever played (it went to game 10, through 2 Bo5 sets), and it was stupidly close.

Additionally, this was the first time Lucas outshined my Ness in certain MUs / against certain players. Lucas carried me through GFs and a bunch of other sets, but Ness took me through loser's finals and a whole bunch of other sets. In all it was about as even a usage as I could get, but they both served massively important roles and I didn't really neglect either of them.

Can't wait to see where it goes from here, but for now I'm back in town. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's pretty much the same post as in the Lucas boards but with the 'used any other characters?' switched around. Anywho...

3rd out of 26 / Smashing Good Time S2 E5 / 21-2-2016 / UTS, Sydney, Australia

http://qldsmash.com/Results/NSW?t=Smashing Good Time Monthly S2 E5

Vids should be coming out soon.

Used any other characters? - :4lucas:

I've got some pretty mixed feelings about this placement. It's the first Aussie smash 4 tournament I haven't come first in, and there were less people at this tournament than usual, but the skill ceiling was much higher and more of our top players were there. It was also FULL of upsets - Our first seed got sent to losers halfway through bracket by like the 4th seed, and our 3rd seed got sent to losers by the same person and was then beaten in losers by like the 6th or 7th seed who ended up coming 4th. In other words, two of our top players ended up at 5th, and while the other top player did retain the throne, it was still quite an insane day. I ended up pushing the same first seed out of the tournament but I was taken out myself by the guy that got 1st and the guy that got 2nd respectively (loser's finals was stupidly close though).

I think I'm just sad because I wasn't playing on point, and other people noticed it too. I think people were still impressed with our placements given how generally hectic bracket worked out to be, but yeah, this has given me a lot of incentive to work hard again to get first place once more.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
9th out of 40 / Smashing Good Time S2 E7 / 13-03-16 / UTS, Sydney
2nd out of 48 / Smashing Good Time S2 E9 / 17-04-16 / UTS, Sydney

http://qldsmash.com/Results/NSW?t=Smashing Good Time S2 E7

http://qldsmash.com/Results/NSW?t=Smashing Good Time Monthly S2 E9
Both used Lucas as well :4lucas:

The first one I didn't post for ages because it's my worst smash 4 placing to date and I was legit embarrassed (in retrospect WOW, 9th is still fine Luco get over it geez).

The second one I just came back from and it was rejuvinating! I almost had the win but M's :4palutena: reset bracket and played really well. My endurance died by that point haha but he played like an awesome crazy person so super props to him for coming back and taking it. Overall I feel really satisfied, it was a crazy but fun tournament with some big upsets and I regained the confidence I'd lost from the previous tournament. Feeling strong and ready to go on to the next one and probably our national after that.

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
T-7th out of 10 in pool B4 (75 entrants total) / Full Bloom 2 / April 16, 2016 / Bloomington, IN

https://smash.gg/tournament/full-bloom-2-2/brackets/10852/4626 (I go by Caden when playing now; my bracket's in pool B4).

My first tournament that had a bunch of big names in the region come visit, and boy was it fun. Even though I didn't make it out of pools, I was still pretty happy with how I performed, mainly because of the progress I saw in my play. My match against Sofa King (a power-ranked Luigi in IN) wasn't nearly as bad as I feared it would be, and was certainly an interesting test for someone of my skill level. The guy who knocked me out, noodles, was a more obscure Cloud player, but a lot of that set hinged more on player choices than the character match-up if you ask me. I noticed by the end of the first game that he was being quite aggressive in most situations, so during the breather between games I thought about what was happening and realized I should be shielding a lot more. I ended up bringing it to a near last-hit situation in Game 3, and while I didn't finish the job, I'm still pretty proud that I was able to make that kind of adjustment to turn things around. I finally feel like I'm starting to breach the mental side of the game significantly, something I hope to improve on more by the time I get another chance to go to a big tourney.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Gonna copy-paste from the Lucas results thread and switch the characters appropriately.

2nd out of 34 / York Street Battles #41 / 30-4-16 / York Street, Sydney, Australia

Any other characters used? :4lucas:

I felt good about this one, because the player that came first is the guy I always lose to, except this time I feel like I figured out how to play against Luigi and beat him game 2 in GFs to force a switch from him to Charizard, where the games were still close but he edged me out. I feel like I'm improving and am just getting better again which is awesome.

In terms of who I faced, I went against a Link, then a Villager, ZSS (#3 PR), lost to above Luigi main (#2 PR), then versed MK (HM on PR), then Bayo (#8 PR), then Ryu (#5 PR) and then lost again to Luigi / Charizard #2 PR

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
THIS IS AWESOME! THANKS FOR DOING THIS :D

2 out of 9/F-air Game VII/April 30th/Voorhees Town Center
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/fg7wiiu

9 out of 37/Wii Bear B-Airs 29/April 29th/The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/WBB29_20160429_S

5 out of 25/Shiver Me Smashers 18/April 24th/Blackbeard's Cave
http://ocs.challonge.com/SMS18WiiU

2 out of 11/F-air Game VI/April 23rd/ Voorhees Town Center
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/fg6wiiu

4 out of 18/F-air Game V/April 16th/Voorhees Town Center
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/fg5wiiu

5 out of 11/F-air Game III/April 2nd/Voorhees Town Center
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/fg3wiiu

9 out of 35/ Wii Bare B-Airs 25/April 1st/The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/WBB25_20160401_S

5 out of 14/Smash Wars 6/March 30th/Wilmington Delaware
http://challonge.com/HooHahSW6

3 out of 22/F-air GameII/March 26th/Voorhees Town Center
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/fg2wiiu

9 out of 30/F-air Game I/March19th/Voorhees Town Center
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/fg1smash4

7 out of 46/JS Reset/February 27th/Voorhees Town Center
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/resetwiiu

33 out of 162/Shots Fired 2//March 5th/Somerset NJ
https://smash.gg/tournament/shots-fired-2/brackets/11264/4575/18345

13 out of 56/Wii Bare B-Airs 12/January 2nd/ The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/WBB12_20160101_S

25 out of 128/Smash at Xanadu/December 29th (2015)/Xanadu Games
http://vgbootcamp.challonge.com/SatX12292015SSB4

17 out of 40/Wii Bare B-Airs 9/December 11 (2015)/The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/WBB9_20151211_S

17 out of 45/Wii Bare B-airs 5/ November 13th (2015)/The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/WBB_20151113_S

17 out of 44/Wii Bare B-Airs 7/November 27th (2015)/ The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/WBB7_20151127_S

13 out of 27/Wii B-air Bears 3/October 10th (2015)/The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/WBB3_20151030_S

17 out of 43/Brotherly Love 4/August 15th(2015)/The Lab
http://bros-calamity.challonge.com/BL4_S4S

1 out of 13/The Salty Runback V/July 26th (2015)/Salty Joystiq
http://challonge.com/TSRB5S4

7 out of 25/Just Smashing XVIII/July25th(2015)/Grand Marketplace
http://justsmashing.challonge.com/js18wiiu

17 out of 64/What The Fox/July 10th (2015)/Anime Blues
http://smashboards.com/threads/what...ada-leffen-mango-m2k-wizzy-memphis-tn.412561/

17 out of 56/Smash Forward 3/April 18th (2015)/Temple Student Center
http://challonge.com/users/chibosempai?page=2

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Copy-pasted from the Lucas results thread with a couple edited pieces to suit.

33rd out of 260 / Battle Arena Melbourne 8 / 13->15-5-16 / Melbourne, Australia

Well dang. It's a good result for sure, but I was slated to get top 16 and not doing so was actually :/ . I started off dominating in pools until I ran into Wiiman, one of ACTs PR-ed Zeldas. He's Waveguider's training partner and can pop-off, but inconsistent and uses Zelda so I was highly expected to win. I went Ness in this set. Game 1 was fantastic, a 2-stock I believe. Game 2 was close, and game 3 was also close but I was rattled at this point and he was just making better reads and punishing my approaches. I lost and from there on in I played the rest of pools so far on tilt I was visibly silent and didn't say much - I say visibly because my pool was on the side stream and the rest of my pool matches were streamed by Jettsmash. I 2-0'd my next opponents (although games were sometimes really close) and clawed my way out of pools. I was in top 64 but I was already shaken.

The next day I had to face a Mac main round 1, except... He never showed, so I went to Round 2 to face Luminescent, #4 on the Qld PR and Australia's #2 WFT behind Waveguider. I used Lucas when I shouldn't have, he secondaries Lucas and said later he knows that MU, so tbh I should have gone Ness, but all 3 games were close. Ultimately that's where I bowed out, although thankfully I got over most of my nerves by that point and what killed me was MU inexperience.

Everyone that I versed were really cool people though, so props to them and they played really, really well and ultimately deserved their wins. I was only saddened by my nerves, inexperience and I guess to some extent the reputation - by this point I had one, and even players I hadn't met before BAM like Jaice and Ghost were like "Dude I heard about what happened!" Everyone blew me up to be the threat I know I have the potential to be, I just didn't perform to standard this time.

So there you have it. Our next major is OzHadou in August and we're trying to get literally as many top Aussies over as possible so by then I want to have dealt with nerves somewhat and inexperience. I want to go into the next major with no regrets, and with Mr R, Aba, 9B and Umeki not around this time I'll be looking for top 8.

The journey is only just beginning huh?
EDIT: JUST REALISED I actually got 33rd not 49th LOL.

https://qldsmash.com/Results/VIC?t=BAM 8 - 13-15th May

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Alsoooo,

3rd out of 32 / York Street Battles #42 / 28-5-16 / Sydney, Australia

Vods? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCDHJ8ydk6c (Loser's Semis)

I had a lot of fun this tournament, and I wasn't able to finish due to an impending work meeting so I had to forfeit before I could play loser's finals.

SaucyDancer I faced earlier in tournament for the first time, he's #6 on the current PR but will likely rise slightly. Our first set in winners was close, I lost game 1 and was losing game 2 when Saucy got greedy, went for an offstage spike and PKT2 killed him at 6%, swinging the game and eventually the set which I won. In Loser's Semis when we played again, he started by winning game 1. Game 2 I got several crucial reads, and game 3 I was losing by almost a stock when a hard read Fsmash reflected SB and killed him at sub-25%, once again swinging the game. Game 4 I had a lead, but got footstooled offstage where Saucy quickly treid to followup. I PKT2'd into the stage for a Thunderbounce, and on my second PKT the beginning hitboxes stole his DJ. He AD'd out of reaction and, knowing he wouldn't make it back, decided to end the set there. Overall the games were crazy volatile, and I'm not quite sure yet how to rate that MU.

But yeah, pretty happy with that, that placing has likely solidifed my rise on the PR and it was really fun to get there.

I'll try and update the thread sometime tonight if I can with all the new results. ^_^

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'll post the link to results and vods when they come out.

1st out of 30 / York Street Battles #43 / June 25, 2016 / Sydney, Australia

Feeling great about this one, but on the other hand it's weird because this was "expected". Our #1 and #2 PR weren't there so I was 1st seed, but all of my bracket sets save for one were either 2-1 or 3-2, usually quite close too. That being said we got through it and I'm feeling like I can push further and become not just a state threat but a national one if I keep applying myself. Continuing the climb, fam. <3

I got to play Saucydancer the most out of anyone else in this tournament, he's #4 on the latest PR and our matches were just awesome, and are most of the singles matches I have recorded were with him. Ness Mewtwo feels so even omg.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
2 out of 21/ Smash House #13/ 01-22-17/ Waterloo, Ontario

http://challonge.com/smashhouse013

https://www.facebook.com/events/371096043266276/

Played :4ness: even though I thought about dropping him lol, but it worked out. Did super well and very happy about my result today. I took out the 1st, 4th, and 7th PR'd player today, 2-0, 3-0, and 3-0 respectively. Goal was to get onto the PR and the only way to get on there is by beating the PR'd players right now and place consistently. I have a Bayonetta problem and am looking for a character to beat her atm haha

_clinton

Smash Master
For what it is worth I got 4th at my local area today. Only about 10 people playing (seems the smash 4 seen might be dying even more since I last played in my area). A certain % of good players weren't around for this one in our area sadly but we still had a good number of people in our area at least.

These locals happen about 1x a month or so (I forget). I haven't made the last several locals for a while due to the fact that rl is starting to wear me down. Worked a triple shift Fri to Sat and yeah it taking its affect on me even more than normal, only made this one cause I don't have to go back to work for a while unlike in the past.

In general I do so much better when I'm not 1/2 awake but I'm gonna be honest. I chances are would have lost to the people who beat me anyway even wide awake lo. Even then it not like I went down easily lol.

Top Bottom