• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice I can’t do it, nothing works.

KingWaffleDX

Smash Rookie
This is literally just going to be me ranting but I don’t know. It just seems that no matter how much I practice, how much I try, or how much dedication I put into this game, I never improve in the slightest. I’ve been in competitive Smash for the longest time and the same thing applies not only to this game but every smash game I play. (Ultimate being the worst). If anybody and I mean anybody at all can you give me at least some form of advice or maybe one of you can train me or something that would be great but I’m not here to beg. I’m not here to try to sound weird but I don’t know anymore really..

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
This is literally just going to be me ranting but I don’t know. It just seems that no matter how much I practice, how much I try, or how much dedication I put into this game, I never improve in the slightest. I’ve been in competitive Smash for the longest time and the same thing applies not only to this game but every smash game I play. (Ultimate being the worst). If anybody and I mean anybody at all can you give me at least some form of advice or maybe one of you can train me or something that would be great but I’m not here to beg. I’m not here to try to sound weird but I don’t know anymore really..
It is difficult to help in any one way, as every player is different. How do you play? I would suggest, posting a video and asking for feedback, however, I could not be of much assistance with that since I am trying to avoid watching videos at the moment.

Nah

Smash Champion
What exactly constitutes practice for you? How long is "the longest time" here? What do you normally do to try to improve? Whatever they are, you may need to pursue additional/alternative avenues of improvement.

Can't say much more at the moment until we have a little more information

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I can heavily relate to this, because I've been playing since 2011-2012 competitively (Brawl). I wasn't really good in Brawl, but I just needed more time. In Smash 4, I was doing pretty well for most of it. I won my first and only tournament. This is just context, it's not to brag. It's a huge contrast to how I do in Ultimate, to which I do put a lot of effort and it hardly pays off.

Ultimate is worse for veteran players, if you ask me. The people I see doing well are usually newcomers, and especially these young online "prodigies". They have everything handed to them, and reaching mid-level is a joke now.

And as to your actual question, I'm not just your to confirm your negativity. There's really not a whole lot to help you with without any details. How do you play? What do you struggle with? It's not that easy.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Newcomers having everything handed to them isn't true and fostering a mentality like that is going to be detrimental to your own progress. There's a sense of entitlement in it that's not very pretty.

Ultimate has a ton of characters and knowing all their little intricacies is important. Hence the game favors those who played brawl and smash 4. That being said young people always learn faster, always have. And Ultimate has been out for a while now so they are catching up. Being salty about that really is kinda pathetic though.

Top Bottom