• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I bought my new 3ds for platformers. But I've been dissapointed with the 3ds platformers have you?

Do you like mario maker better than nintendo made maps very often?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
its all mostly rpgs now. I bought kirby but i don't really like it. I'm not getting samus cause i could just get a rom. Donkey kong looks terrible on the 3ds. Mario has too many coins. I really only use my 3ds for smash now. Which isn't all bad i was able to sell my wii u. Why can't companies come out with some good platformers for 2018?
THinking about getting mario 3d world. is that any good?
When I bought my wii u i was so greatful that the platformers were awesome. Mario kart was great. Then I played out hte small library and sold it. Now just play smash on for glory on my 3ds. and melee on my pc.
I got tired of mario maker on my wii u. I just didn't like the style everyone was making their maps with. I wanted to play maps that were fast and breezy like nintendo makes. and mario maker doesnt have slides or any of the fun stuff in the other mario games. or lots of backgrounds.

Now the console is getting old and i wonder if a third party will ever bring a decent platformer to the 3ds. Thoughts?

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
Why does the series that needs sales ASAP the only one you're willing to pirate?
I feel like since I bought sonic 2 and streets of rage for the 3ds when I had them on sega genesis nintendo owes me. I'm talking about the fan remake. I'd just play that if i was interested in the samus platformer.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel like since I bought sonic 2 and streets of rage for the 3ds when I had them on sega genesis nintendo owes me. I'm talking about the fan remake. I'd just play that if i was interested in the samus platformer.
Why would Nintendo owe you a game when you bought two entirely different games? That makes no sense.

Moreover, why not play both AM2R and M:SR? Metroid fans agree they're both very different experiences.

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
Why would Nintendo owe you a game when you bought two entirely different games? That makes no sense.

Moreover, why not play both AM2R and M:SR? Metroid fans agree they're both very different experiences.
Well to be honest I usually only buy a game when I can't pirate it or I want to play it online. I'm on disability and I have a limited entertainment budget but too much time on my hands. Also I have a website for music and poetry and i never charged anyone for my art, so the world owes me a favor. If I was working I'd pay for what I play more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Virtual Console for the SNES Donkey Kong Country games.

This is originally why I got my 3DS in the firstplace. But now am just struggling to find places where I can buy Nintendo Gift Shop cards...... :rolleyes:

Also definitely get Kid Icarus Uprising and a Fire Emblem game or two. Won't wanna miss out on those. Try getting them second handed if you don't have a great budget (tho finding Awakening second hand is nearly impossible I've found).

And also Link Between Worlds is about 20 Euro / Dollar. Am picking that one up because of the price alone.

Also also: Donkey Kong Country Returns plays solid even if the graphics indeed took a blow. The 3DS control sheme is better than the Wii by far. And it has extra levels so yay.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
This is originally why I got my 3DS in the firstplace. But now am just struggling to find places where I can buy Nintendo Gift Shop cards......
You can tie your credit card info to your eShop account and reload from there?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well to be honest I usually only buy a game when I can't pirate it or I want to play it online. I'm on disability and I have a limited entertainment budget but too much time on my hands. Also I have a website for music and poetry and i never charged anyone for my art, so the world owes me a favor. If I was working I'd pay for what I play more.
The world doesn't owe you ****. No one is entitled to entertainment. You made the conscious decision to make your stuff free; no one has to follow suit.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
its all mostly rpgs now. I bought kirby but i don't really like it. I'm not getting samus cause i could just get a rom. Donkey kong looks terrible on the 3ds. Mario has too many coins. I really only use my 3ds for smash now. Which isn't all bad i was able to sell my wii u. Why can't companies come out with some good platformers for 2018?
THinking about getting mario 3d world. is that any good?
When I bought my wii u i was so greatful that the platformers were awesome. Mario kart was great. Then I played out hte small library and sold it. Now just play smash on for glory on my 3ds. and melee on my pc.
I got tired of mario maker on my wii u. I just didn't like the style everyone was making their maps with. I wanted to play maps that were fast and breezy like nintendo makes. and mario maker doesnt have slides or any of the fun stuff in the other mario games. or lots of backgrounds.

Now the console is getting old and i wonder if a third party will ever bring a decent platformer to the 3ds. Thoughts?
Since you're into RPGs, have you've looked into Shin Megami Tenseis, Tales of the Abyss and Xenoblade? I would totally go for these three. While I can't give much for the Shin Megami Tenseis (yet) and Xenoblade (I've been told that Xenoblade is a masterpiece that lives up to the legendary Xenogears and completely blows the Xenosaga trilogy out of the water), Tales of the Abyss is an excellent JRPG game. It's generally agreed by fans (including myself) that it's right up there with Symphonia, Vesperia and Berseria for the Tales series at their absolute best. Isn't Dragon Quest also somewhere around the corner for 3DS?

3DS also has Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Would totally rebuy the 3DS for those.

Fire Emblem Warriors is also coming around the corner. That **** looks hype. This is coming from a dedicated fan to Koei Tecmo's Dynasty, Samurai and Orochi Warriors, and I heard they've done a great job on Hyrule Warriors.

Fire Emblem was already mentioned. Awakening was decent, Fates was acceptable, and Echoes was pretty good.

Virtual Console was already mentioned so yeah, that too. Oh yeah, Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga is also getting a remake too, plus lots of new ****.

Seems like you haven't really explored the library 3DS much. There's absolutely a lot more great games for the 3DS beyond what I've given; more than enough to fully enrich the 3DS experience.

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
Lol no, what i meant was that rpgs on the 3ds dont interest me. I play fallout 4 and eldar scrolls online for rpgs if i want to. I own the first fire emblem cause i wanted a shining forces 2 experience but it just wasnt as beutiful as shining forces 2.
Its tough for the 3ds to compete with my computer i know its not easy.
I just bought that gnome game. And i'm loving it. makes me feel better about my 3ds to have that exclusive. I just want more quality platformers like that but i feel like i'm not getting them. If mario 3d gets cheaper i might dl that.
I know the rpgs on 3ds are great. I just feel like they're offering too many of those and not enough platformers.
I want to design video games myself in the future and if people feel like they can't afford them and pirate them instead then I hope they pay me by encouraging others to play and some will always buy if you put out a quality product. Time is plentiful and finances are tight so don't judge my piracy too harshly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We do not promote piracy. In addition, this topic is more complaining than constructive at this point and will be closed thusly. I do hope you're able to find games you can enjoy on your systems, that said. Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom