• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am the most dog**** smash ultimate player ever send help

jJOEe

Smash Rookie
I play and I just suck, very easy to see the people I play against do as well, however I suck even more. To give you an idea of how bad it is, if I was playing against someone who sat in the middle of the stage and only did attacks without moving, I would probably lose if i was not playing a projectile character, that is how bad I am. Any idea how to not suck as much **** as me? I think my biggest problem is just always getting hit very easily in neutral and never hitting them myself.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Post a video of your gameplay and we can analyze and point out mistakes we see. Doesn't need to be an SD card replay, a cell phone video would work if you can do that. This is the easiest way around your dilemma, unless you're just trying to vent.

jJOEe

Smash Rookie
Post a video of your gameplay and we can analyze and point out mistakes we see. Doesn't need to be an SD card replay, a cell phone video would work if you can do that. This is the easiest way around your dilemma, unless you're just trying to vent.
I will try and get some gameplay for you to see where I am going wrong and what I don't understand.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Hitting your opponent is only part of the battle. You know you need to improve and you're willing to learn how; you're already making steps in the right direction. Stay positive; it can have an impact on how you play.

With that being said, learn different ways to approach different situations. For example, instead of determining that the only way to counter projectile spam is to use it yourself, try to figure out how to play around it. That is, figure out when to block, spot dodge, approach, jump, and counter attack. Take time to analyze your opponents' behavior; try to learn to think on the fly. Avoid repetition. Ask yourself: what works? When? From there, try to learn basic mixups/combos.

I suggest picking characters that help with practicing fundamentals like Pit or Mario. Or picking a character you like and exclusively training with them until you feel like you've improved. I think fighting Amiibos helps for beginners, too. Good or bad, they kinda mimic your habits, and it's like fighting yourself once they level up.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
With the 3.0 update, you could save a replay or two and share it. Then you could provide the ID for your replay(s). The thing about SSBU, especially with the projectile nerfs (nerf counter/reflector/absorber, thanks) is that you are rewarded playing defensive. This can include shielding, waiting for your opponent to do something, double jumping, or just jumping in general. Nerfing defensive play styles without improving offensive play styles for nerfed characters will only make SSBU unpleasant and unenjoyable. It's like punishing someone for having been created to function that way. The fault is on the creator.

Top Bottom