• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am the best Zelda player - such ideals are locked away in secret.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I am a brilliant Zelda player, but as you may know, I have never been to a tournament. Thus I'll reveal my potential through word and demonstration:

Ask me any question.

Ask for my Brawl Code, while specifying your ability as a player - I want a challenge.

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
A BBR member? Interesting.

Do you accept my challenge, Ed? I've watched your sheik plays; they are the type of plays I look forward to.
I mean... It's wifi and I both am bad on wifi and don't often play it. I'd accept but I'm on a week vacation. Another time.

I mean no insult in saying this but I must ask anyway, what gives you the full confidence that you are a brilliant player? Most times I hear that, the person ends up on the "best on my block" level and gets a throttling. I remember when I took my lumps when I entered the scene. What makes you immediately brilliant?

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I mean... It's wifi and I both am bad on wifi and don't often play it. I'd accept but I'm on a week vacation. Another time.

I mean no insult in saying this but I must ask anyway, what gives you the full confidence that you are a brilliant player? Most times I hear that, the person ends up on the "best on my block" level and gets a throttling. I remember when I took my lumps when I entered the scene. What makes you immediately brilliant?
I don't get insulted - feel free to share your honesty.

That said, before I mained Zelda, I mained Ganondorf. In this case, I did get to play against one of the best Ganondorfs - albeit on WiFi, which is something I understand being under your skepticism. My ganondorf was on his ganondorf's level; while they executed moves slightly faster than I did, I made more technical plays than they did. In other words, a lot of my potential is in mind games rather than perfecting mechanics.

Now, I have taken a liking for mage classes in every game I play. All of them with me outplaying my opponents to the point I cannot seem to find a challenge because of it. I'm simply a collective gamer that prefers closed 1 on 1 matches.

It is the idea of being without challenge for so long, while watching actual professional gamers such as yourself. My sheik will never be as good as yours, which is enough to display my sense of self-humility and ability to recognize my ability as a player. I am never full of myself - and would like nothing more than for you to beat me.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Fair enough.

Mechanics are something that should always be considered mastered so that you are never surprised by a situation presented to you dealt out by the game.

Who was the Ganon you got to play??

I'll probably be down to play sometime next week.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough.

Mechanics are something that should always be considered mastered so that you are never surprised by a situation presented to you dealt out by the game.

Who was the Ganon you got to play??

I'll probably be down to play sometime next week.
It's the way my brain works; I'm an introverted, passionate player. I never have enough of a challenge, so I am never able to reach that state of precision and concentration. There are sparks of it that come now and then that people call "zoning in", but otherwise I am trolling and trying out stunts I normally wouldn't do.

The Ganondorf player was DLA.

I look forward to our spar, Ed. To demonstrate my confidence as a player - go ahead, pick anyone you want, I will only play Zelda.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Who dares summon me??!?!?

Oh it's just Ed. Hi Ed!

Not sure who this House Spider guy is, but I would have remembered if he was even close to my level. I can count on one disfigured hand the number of Ganon players alive who even possess the ability to successfully mindgame me, let alone actually defeat me in a match. I haven't lost a Ganon ditto set--friendly or otherwise--since 2010, when a stray Warlock Punch on that fateful day caused the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The greatest natural disaster in American history, and that was only a wifi match.

So now I ask who presumes to possess even a margin of my skill--who has fooled themselves into believing they have the prowess of the one Gerudo warrior from whom even Din herself quails in fear?! Speak now, and I will grant you a swift, albeit excruciating, demise.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
*rolls eyes*

I am the best Smasher in my block... at least I think I am ;)

I'd wifi against you but Canadian internet. My skill set includes cancelling Din's Fire and SDI-ing your fsmashes.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well... there is some activity in the Zelda Boards, that's not too bad.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
My wi-fi self has been summoned. I am intrigued by this challenge.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Who dares summon me??!?!?

Oh it's just Ed. Hi Ed!

Not sure who this House Spider guy is, but I would have remembered if he was even close to my level. I can count on one disfigured hand the number of Ganon players alive who even possess the ability to successfully mindgame me, let alone actually defeat me in a match. I haven't lost a Ganon ditto set--friendly or otherwise--since 2010, when a stray Warlock Punch on that fateful day caused the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The greatest natural disaster in American history, and that was only a wifi match.

So now I ask who presumes to possess even a margin of my skill--who has fooled themselves into believing they have the prowess of the one Gerudo warrior from whom even Din herself quails in fear?! Speak now, and I will grant you a swift, albeit excruciating, demise.
What a great way to start a witch hunt for my previous aliases, but frankly, you may not accept our duel; for it was on wi-fi, which is akin to johns. I will simply say that we were even when we fought - you with slightly faster input and me with slightly better mind games.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I think HHS is just ... you fill in the blank... or at least, he believes the school system is bunk... and stuff about spirals and the mind... I'm eventually gonna look into it...

http://smashboards.com/threads/my-love-for-the-universe-is-0.356861/#post-16848003

Maybe he thinks he could use spirals to beat Ed???
Doubting my Zelda like you doubt my theories? Why are you bringing that topic into this one? Hoping that I will be affected by the possibility of others thinking I am insane and brush me off as another nobody with no potential that is all show and noise?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Y'know nobody at the Zelda boards really gives a damn if you're a "nobody with no potential." We're all equals here.

The only issue that smashers in general have are pompous people that have nothing to back it up. One lucky win, which may not have even happened, doesn't make you the best Zelda to grace us. You need a solid reputation (either online or at tournaments) before making claims like yours and even then everybody appreciates modesty. Vids and results are always good.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't be surprised if even I could 3-0 you in any Smash game - even Project Melee. I don't play online but feel free to fly over to Vancouver.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
Doubting my Zelda like you doubt my theories? Why are you bringing that topic into this one? Hoping that I will be affected by the possibility of others thinking I am insane and brush me off as another nobody with no potential that is all show and noise?
Well, I just don't believe you're some epic smasher. Nearly everyone thinks that at some point or another.

You've just shown you believe in your brilliance in other ways - if they agree with your self-supported brilliance in that thread, they're more likely to believe you here. And vice versa - if they don't, they might disagree here.

If you can apply what you believe you know in there to Smash though, I imagine you have some interesting smash strategies though.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Well, I just don't believe you're some epic smasher. Nearly everyone thinks that at some point or another.

You've just shown you believe in your brilliance in other ways - if they agree with your self-supported brilliance in that thread, they're more likely to believe you here. And vice versa - if they don't, they might disagree here.

If you can apply what you believe you know in there to Smash though, I imagine you have some interesting smash strategies though.
If you want a comparison, then my theory is beyond the potential as a Zelda player. It's irrelevant. There is no substantiated reason for you bring that topic into this thread.

Silverwind 2020

Smash Cadet
I am a brilliant Zelda player, but as you may know, I have never been to a tournament. Thus I'll reveal my potential through word and demonstration:

Ask me any question.

Ask for my Brawl Code, while specifying your ability as a player - I want a challenge.
This is great to hear! I pride myself in being a good Zelda player. My friends hate it when I use her. Plus, I have nearly mastered the lightning kick! I'm at college now and don't currently have my Wii, but when I do I'll look you up!

Top Bottom