• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am sorry guys

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm also one of those people who's gonna keep trying to stick with snake =D

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
lol, tearing Ally away from Snake is like tearing a fat kid from a double fudge sundae with oreos on top. You can act like you would rather have the wilted salad that is metaknight, but you will stuff your face full of sundae come MLG.

i don't think Ally exists anymore. He is judge death in my eyes. Kinda similar how anakin skywalker became darth vader. Maybe he'll be redeemed choose the side of f-tilts and nades again.

JTsm

Smash Master
Maybe Ally shouldn't be doing all the work. Some Snacks need to step it up.

napZzz

Smash Hero
maybe someday another snake will reach that status, but its hard to come across another amazing player like ally

_Ignis_

Smash Rookie
I think this thread has actually touched on something that some snake mains need to see. At some point, most of us have grown tired of snakes fault and have looked at other characters with the thought "The grass is always greener on the other side". I'm not sure how serious Ally is but honestly this isn't going to doom snake as a character.

We, as a community of snake mains, need to step up our game and stop relying on Ally as a feeble crutch for snake. I think this is a nice change and should inspire snake mains to take the spot that Ally left (Although this has been taken by Fatal IMO). There are alot of snake mains so people know the match up, but this isn't reason to give up hope. Snake is still plenty broken :chuckle: We just need to work on other MU's and possibly consider picking up a secondary for the MU's we have a problem with. So, no, snake isn't dead and no we shouldn't drop him. We just need to work hard on the character we all know and love

napZzz

Smash Hero
Alot of people still over rate the **** out of snake and I have no clue why

_Ignis_

Smash Rookie
It was brought around practically the same way too. :laugh:

EDIT:

Etecoon is right though... most of what made Snake so broken was that people didn't know they could counter ftilt, avoid grenades, etc. =\
I agree with the fact that the reason most people thought snake was broken was because they didn't know the MU. The same thing happened with Diddy Kong. To say snake isn't broken is just a bit silly to me but he isn't insanely broken. This game as a whole (At least competitively) is played to the point that we abuse the things that make our character broken. Which, to me, is why less than half the cast is even tournament viable. We have just gotten use to the brokeness and it no longer holds us in amazment. Seriously, the range isn't broken? I also noticed Susa said "MOST of what made snake so broken was the people didn't know they could counter ftilt, avoid grenades, etc. =/" This makes me think that on some level Susa too thinks snake is broken even if it isn't super broken. Eh, it's debatable.

etecoon

Smash Hero
susa WANTS to think of snake as broken. he agrees with me, but deep inside it's still his ambition to bring meta knight down

well, it is again now after omni ***** slapped him a few times to stop trying to get MK banned at least, now we have the old susa back : )

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I didn't stop trying, I just can't make it public like I did. Groups won't change anything, and ultimately it needs to be decided by the community.

So I have a CH usergroup and I'm working on getting TO's and such to work with eachother and me.

Also, because I'm not stupid, I know Mk won't be banned anytime soon. I can ***** all I want but I still need to do work.

And utilt really is stupidly broken. =P

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
This just needs to be locked....

[Oh hi there rusty]
Sup Havokk (or was it one 'k'?)
;)

on topic: snake is fun to win with and all, but tbh he gets a bit boring. I've since been playing zamus when I pick up brawl now and then. Fun as heck.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
If you're not totally driven/hyped to play with Snake, you're gonna suck...and that's what makes him boring.

RATED

Smash Lord
Even as a Snake mainer you guys HAVE and MUST agree that Snake's Utilt is broken as ****, killpower, Inhuman Range and **** his kick is so broken, that in Puerto Rico we don't call it Utilt, we call it "Zohan Kick"

Limeee

Smash Champion
utilit isn't bad, it has less range then something like MK dsmash and marth fsmash, and its just as punishible.

learn its range and punish

:009:

look if you don't like the up tilt's range just don't get near snake. Snake is the only character in the game that actually kills actual people in his games, so it is only fair that he has the best kill move in the game.

Top Bottom