• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am soooo freaking amazing at desynching

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
So I went back to Melee after playing Brawl for about 5 months. Really fun game, of course.

But I mained Sheik for a while. I got pretty good.

But I wanted to go back to my roots, so I played IC's.

OMG.

LOL.

I am amazing. I want to record myself.

Seriously guys this is ridiculous, the stuff I pull off.

I thought I was good before, but wow.

Shield pressure and aggressive approaches have never been so good with IC's.

I'm in love.

Nana's ****.

Everything.

Melee IC's are my best friends.

Really fast rate shield pressure dsmashes.

Popo fair nana fair popo fair combo.

Sexy belay combos on fast fallers.

Unstoppable edge guards.

How the hell did I get so creative after coming back?

You guys know that improvement factor where you quit for a while and then come back much better?

Yeah.

OMG, lol.

Guys... I love Melee IC's.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
lol chok

I'm sooo freaking amazing at desynching too (in the technical sense though), but I know what you're talking about. After a long hiatus you start to break habits, it allows you to play much more expressively.

Right now I'm not creative at all, I play through patterns. :/

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
reminds me of my bro.
He was never the greatest at melee, then he got insane at Brawl and learned mindgames or something. When he went back to melee, he was somehow crazy good. It's basically like he got mindgames then just made sure he was hitting buttons as fast as possible and he pwned...with the ICs too!!! Doesn't make sense mang :\

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
vids pweeze? O_o
yeah, i really want to record myself lol.

people know how to escape chain grabs and stuff, so it really leaves us open to creativity with grab combos which are more reliable when people are DIing predictable out of what they THINK will be chain grabs or usmash/fsmash

dthrow dair squall fsmash is too good lol

blizzard squall fsmash is too good lol

i use nair a lot guys, i dunno how to explain it, i just find the situations

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
On the subject of squall hammer, since playing a bit of Brawl IC's (couldn't stand them at first... still can't really, but they work nicely against Snake IMO), I've been using the twin squall in weird ways. Use it against Ganon before he has a chance to throw out an aerial and it annoys the crap out of his air game, fly quickly into a Peach who's trying to float at you then land and roll away... also works when characters are trying to play SHFFL/double jump mix-ups. Not so much against Fox or Falco because of their d-airs, but it's hilarious against Falcon if he's looking to d-air you.

Ineffective against Marth :(

The purpose isn't combo'ing or even that much damage--the goal is to convince them that their normal strategies aren't working (when really, they still work very well) and get them to do more punishable things as "mix-ups." You can also cross people up with it (thinking mostly Ganon) and get a positional advantage. Works on Samus in the air as well, actually, but not often or you'll get n-aired and b-aired :(

Right now I just screw around as much as possible when I play to see what confuses my opponent. I'm never happier than when I'm messing with DI and tricking them into falling for the old tricks they've gotten used to.

Binx

Smash Master
Squall hammer is the forward B, yeah I've been playing melee, and I've been using a lot of fox, as a result I'm a lot faster now with ICs at everything but I haven't really gotten more technical or better at desynching, some stuff I really should practice, anyways though ICs are still by far my favorite.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wobbles is right

esp. on that flying into peach thing

squall is great

using belay to recover as an attack is too good LOL

im just using all their other moves more than i used to in general

the unused ones

dtilt belay squall blizz etc...

ic's are too good ugh i played them yesterday and i ***** hard

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I use synched Squall sometimes also. Mostly because of the boost in horizontal/vertical aerial movement, it makes you a lot harder to read in the air. It's hardly punishable on platform stages.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
about desyncing i want to know how i pulled off this amazing combo .

samus was on a platform nana used fair und popo used up air then each one took turns jumping up and useing up air for a min. i know its not as stonge as juggleig them with both but you get alot more controll

sorry for this terrible spelling

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I wish every match was recorded. :(

On YS, vs Sheik mid %s -- SH u-air (barely hits) -> u-air -> double-jump u-air -> belay (vertical kill).

Cool edgeguard, vs Peach on FD -- He recovers with a high float, I desynch -> charge u-smash -> cancel it with belay when he tries to land -> u-smash (k.o.). The only reason I was able to land the u-smash was because he DI'd backwards, didn't have a double jump and was tumbling.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
lol, I KO with belay more often than I used to since playing Brawl, although I don't even use belay a lot in Brawl. I also find myself using synched sh blizzard a lot more in Brawl-esque ways.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Activity?, just saw the vid with Nanaport(didnt knew it existed, and first thought it was NTSC only, but it works in PAL^^), seriously that could work as a really neat mindgame edgeguard on fastfallers.
Approaching peach with suall as she is going for a fair?, did I get you right there?

Dit fair, to nanautilt, popo fair once,I think it was something more since it was a sick combo like Ice climber pillar...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
chok, you might be a saiyan.

hey hey.
think you can beat my peach with those baby ****** twins?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
lol, I remember once against Plank I pulled off a neutral-B (hammer hit), double jump weak uair (land on platform on PS), jump up-B ftw.
For some reason I find myself never playing ICs anymore since against my friends here at school I go all sorts of random characters (a lot of Falcon >_>). I need to start using them again...

Any of you ever try forward-B spam against DK? I experimented with it against Phish-it awhile back and he couldn't find a way around it LOL

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
baby ****** mountain hiker twins can fight dk?
i thought if you pick those chars, the console just implodes upon itself...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Any of you ever try forward-B spam against DK? I experimented with it against Phish-it awhile back and he couldn't find a way around it LOL
xD nice, DK does have a huge stomach hitbox, so I can imagine that working. (Phish-it's DK also got Doc f-air'd from 5 miles away...)

One time playing Scar (he prob. doesn't remember this at all) I couldn't land a KO, and I started spamming side-B when he was at high %s. I landed multiple of them in a row until I managed to land a d-smash. :D

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
IC's dual forward+b is underrated, and needs to be abused more. It's stupid as hell and catches people off guard.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
IC's dual forward+b is underrated, and needs to be abused more. It's stupid as hell and catches people off guard.
Yeah, I only realized this after playing Brawl, lol. I still use it more for positioning myself rather than attacking, although I do occasionally use it for approaching some of the floaties.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah well found out everything i tried failed.

still trying new stuff but i bet is also fails.

at least i'm trying since everyone else seems like w/e i'll just use what i know instead of expanding there tech/desyncing/combos
well you never know what will work till you try it.
ic's are near limitless in potential.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
choknaterz edge hog on ppl trying to sweetspot

spot dodge blizz, popo edge hog (make sure its fast.. turn around wd fast fall)

ledge hop dair during invincibility if you wanna reset positioning to something favorable

ledge hop bair if u wanna KO

ledge hop nair if u wanna make them try to recover again

if they go above the ledge, the blizz will hit them

if they actually DO sweetspot, the dair will force them to sweetspot again

if they barely miss the sweetspot, it's a free fsmash/dsmash (watch the tech)

when i ledgehop dair... i usually dont l-cancel it cuz it makes nana shield, which is annoying and messes up my flow... sometimes i just dsmash or something with nana to stay desynched so that i can edge hog again with popo

choknaterz gimp - bthrow to ice block. AMAZING against falco. great against fox/falcon

basically if the block hits them, they gotta up-B on reaction. if they do it too late, they are dead via edge hog

Top Bottom