• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am GOD AWFUL at smash 4 for glory and I've played for literaly four years.

A charr

Smash Rookie
I am god awful at this game when it comes to online play on the 3ds (Which is my main controller.) I have a win chance of like 33% which in my opinion is not good. I've tried everything within these four years of playing smash cept apparently get good. If you have tips feel free to say. I main Marth/Lucina with a ZSS on the side and rarely a ganondorf for sheer fun. Note the last spree i did i had like a 68% but the one before and this current ones are shoddy. I can't blame internet on this either though that wouldn't be a excuse to begin with as all players deal with lag and crappy connections.

Now before you ask I didn't play for glory for four years, no I do not. I go on sprees once and a while a do it every two weeks to two months, while in the meantime spend the rest of my time doing six hour sessions with my friends from time to time at least twice every two weeks. I understand and can use all the tricks like short hopping and zoning though I can never find a suitable partner their either super casual and new or their like alpharad pulling off montage moves every game I play with them.

If there was a preference I would choose the ladder, simply because I at least very tiny bit get better though it all blows to smoke in the end. I both love this game and hate it for me not being good at it. And to be honest the only way I can imagine myself getting better is by playing more I guess, but that's a bit of sharp end due to the fact that I've been doing this for a while. Even spent two years before in brawl.

Guess I just simply suck at fighting games.

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
Smash is a fighting game and framedata is really important when it comes to playing, I wouldn't recommend you play For Glory to begin with if you want to assess how good you are in Smash. Just go to your local tournament scene since there you wouldn't have to deal with bad lag (Which DOES affect your play and just because they're dealing with it doesn't mean you're at fault) and there you can take actual advice and have critical matches with more qualified players.

Alpharad probably just practices with people at home locally to get all of these clips, and even if you oh so envy how good he is in his montages and wish you were like him then you'd have to play For Glory matches atleast a hundred times and then pick like 20 of those hundred matches that look flashy to use in a combo video.

Top Bottom