• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am consistently getting error code 86420

ADHD

Smash Hero
I am using a Netgear router. Recently, I moved into college and have tried to hook my wifi up unsuccessfully. I can connect to wifi itself, but when I try to host or join someone's match, I am disconnect from the system.

I suspect it to be my router's firewall after reading the problems over on the internet that can potentially cause this specific error code, but my model is annoying as **** and doesn't show where to disable any firewall if there is one blocking other connections whatsoever.

Please help.

Edit: I have tried everything on nintendo's support website and to no avail.. which is why I suspect it to be the firewall. Under my Setup Wizard there isn't an option to disable "SPI firewall." This is bothersome.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Did you try portforwarding or turning on DMZ if your router has those options?

port 1137 both UPD and TCP, make sure it's to your Wii's IP, you might have to make it a static IP

Your college could just be blocking the ports nintendo wifi uses when it connects to other players or something. In that case you're probably screwed.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Did you try portforwarding or turning on DMZ if your router has those options?

port 1137 both UPD and TCP, make sure it's to your Wii's IP, you might have to make it a static IP

Your college could just be blocking the ports nintendo wifi uses when it connects to other players or something. In that case you're probably screwed.
Port forwarding.. all ports are open. I was told that the university firewall manually blocks things and has a list of recognized things to shut out. It probably isn't that.. I'm really puzzled right now. Could netgear be just incompatible? I don't want to buy another router to realize that I wasted even more money.

Luigi player

Smash Master
How many different players have you tried to connect to? It's possible that the problem is from the other player.

Sometimes wifi is just BSing and it's not cuz of any player, but from the servers. Even if it's posting a other error code... maybe it will work within a week.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
If your actually being connected online then it probably isn't a firewall. I don't think it connect at all that way. Its probably your college's area itself.

Top Bottom