• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I’m making an european smash bros. ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirlux

Smash Rookie
(I first wrote this text in french and I wasn’t in the mood to transalate it so I just put it through google transalate and corrected some obvious mistakes quickly so you may find some stupid mistakes.)

While playing smash ultimate online, I found, like many other gamers, that the matchmaking and the GSP system were worthless to **** (I'm the only one who never lag?). So I went to the arena mode, but I didn’t like the fact that I needed to wait in between matches. So, I registered on Anther's ladder, a site I had heard about that allows you to find an opponent and play a game with the competitive rules (best of 3, legal stages...). Unfortunately, the European community was not very present on this site, and to play against Americans was impossible because of the lag. My last solution was to sign up for online tournaments on smash.gg (the biggest smash bros tournament organization site). This allows me to make competitive matches against good players. The problem with this method is that there are not all the time tournaments (especially during the week), and you always have to register and allow time to participate. I wondered if there was a matchmaking community/ladder on smash.gg, and I was surprised to see that there was none. So I had the idea to create a ladder that would allow us to press a button, find an opponent and be able to play a good competitive game when we want. But to play a game on smash bros. you need an opponent. That's why I ask you to join this would-be community and try to enlarge it. At first, there will not be many people and find a match will be much easier on the online mode of ultimate or on Anther's ladder. But stay, and invite your friends, talk and make a good matchmaking system for Europe. You just need to create a smash.gg account and register on the discord server. Come many! Suggestions are welcome.

Registrations will be open until Sunday, April 7 included and the first season will last until the end of the summer. If this first season is successful, a second season will be organized in winter, then a 3rd, a 4th ect. On the other hand, if we do not find enough participants before April 7 (it would take at least 50 people and 100 would be better). The ladder will be open to anyone living in Europe, so if you have foreign friends, invite them. Advertise everywhere to build a good european smash bros community. If at the first the discord server is empty, do not leave, stay, it will fill little by little, especially if you invite people who come from other discord servers. Thanks a lot for your help! Nirlux
Register for the ladder: https://smash.gg/tournament/summer-smash-eu/details
Discord server: https://discord.gg/EjT2dy2

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
You made your text dark gray. Edit your post and remove this junk from the beginning of it.

[FONT=verdana][COLOR=rgb(34, 34, 34)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom