• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Warriors' White Witch: Lana for Smash Switch

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
It's been over a year since the last post.
Perhaps thanks to the Zelda 35th Anniversary coming and talks between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo about Smash according to an accurate leaker,
we should talk more about Lana. Since we've had at least 2 swordfighters and no new Zelda fighter since Brawl, Lana would make more sense than that ninja in particular.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's been over a year since the last post.
Perhaps thanks to the Zelda 35th Anniversary coming and talks between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo about Smash according to an accurate leaker,
we should talk more about Lana. Since we've had at least 2 swordfighters and no new Zelda fighter since Brawl, Lana would make more sense than that ninja in particular.
1: none of us know for sure who owns the HW original characters 2: dont be disparaging to impa

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
tbh i kinda forgot that this thread exists. :ohwell:
I'm still surprised that there wasn't ANY content of Hyrule Warriors in the base game, considering that Koei Tecmo is allready a part of smash because
of the Fatal Frame assist trophy. I was so sure that we would get spirits of HW-Link and Zelda at the very least...oh well.

I think the ownership of characters like Lana could be similar to Geno. They're owned by Koei, but they can't use them outside the Zelda-series or without
Nintendos permission (man, this copyright-stuff can get confusing...).

Having Lana make an appearance would still be amazing to me, as she is still a personal favorite of mine. But i highly doubt that it's going to happen.
To my knowledge none of the HW original characters appear in Age of Calamity (haven't played it yet).
I think she was mentioned in this "40 names leak" or wathever it was called so there is that...I take a Mii costume, spirit or any acknowledgement at this point.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One other possibility is that KT apparently could have some beef against Capcom. Hyrule Warriors didn't have any content from Minish Cap/Four Swords or the Oracles games, even in Legends. So they'd probably be hesitant to have a fighter from their stable in the same game as a company they don't care much for.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm still surprised that there wasn't ANY content of Hyrule Warriors in the base game, considering that Koei Tecmo is allready a part of smash because
of the Fatal Frame assist trophy. I was so sure that we would get spirits of HW-Link and Zelda at the very least...oh well.

I think the ownership of characters like Lana could be similar to Geno. They're owned by Koei, but they can't use them outside the Zelda-series or without

Having Lana make an appearance would still be amazing to me, as she is still a personal favorite of mine. But i highly doubt that it's going to happen.
To my knowledge none of the HW original characters appear in Age of Calamity (haven't played it yet).
I think she was mentioned in this "40 names leak" or wathever it was called so there is that...I take a Mii costume, spirit or any acknowledgement at this point.
thats the trouble isnt it? we know SE owns geno but none of us can work out who owns lana and the like. both nintendo and KT and credited for the copyright separately but with out any indication for what it is they own. funnily enough the fatal fram games on the wii u and the 3ds are co owned by nintendo

One other possibility is that KT apparently could have some beef against Capcom. Hyrule Warriors didn't have any content from Minish Cap/Four Swords or the Oracles games, even in Legends. So they'd probably be hesitant to have a fighter from their stable in the same game as a company they don't care much for.
capcom didnt make the two four swords they only made the oracles and minish cap

3D Dillon

Smash Ace

If Sakurai was considering Ninjara AFTER the Pass was finalized then this may mean Ryu Hayabusa isn't in the lineup and Ninjara could've made up for the lack of ninjas. Also Sephiroth is black and wields a katana-like weapon. We've already got 2 fighters in each of the passes that wield swords of some kind.

Lana would be a big surprise as the Koei Tecmo rep, as Ryu may be a little too predictable and there hasn't been any new Zelda rep since Brawl.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
The Age of Calamity spirit event is coming despite none of the first Hyrule Warriors' original characters appearing in Smash in any form.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
That does not surprise me anymore tbh.

Apparently the spirit event lists Koei Tecmo for the copyright. So i guess if Sakurai wants to use any content from any Hyrule Warriors game they need Koei to be on board as well. At least this question is answered. Its not much, but it's something (a Lana spirit would still be nice though).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That does not surprise me anymore tbh.

Apparently the spirit event lists Koei Tecmo for the copyright. So i guess if Sakurai wants to use any content from any Hyrule Warriors game they need Koei to be on board as well. At least this question is answered. Its not much, but it's something (a Lana spirit would still be nice though).
is it defiantly for the characters and not just the art? well the one character they might own

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's also Cia and her cronies, not to mention Linkle (even if the concept of a "girl Link" was thought of before, they still got to do it first).

Depending on what they do for the first HW, it might be too late at this point, though.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah i hate lana her voice sounds Weird

I mean my fav pick is ralph and im admitting that he probably will never be in smash

But atleast he doesnt Moan like crazy and wears barely any clothing and comes from a Fanfic story

but Linkle would still be worse

But but but i would even prefer Marx over Her i despise Lana that much

If you like her fine she just shouldnt be in smash if nintendo wants me to buy the game

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah i hate lana her voice sounds Weird

I mean my fav pick is ralph and im admitting that he probably will never be in smash

But atleast he doesnt Moan like crazy and wears barely any clothing and comes from a Fanfic story

but Linkle would still be worse

But but but i would even prefer Marx over Her i despise Lana that much

If you like her fine she just shouldnt be in smash if nintendo wants me to buy the game
I am never going to understand why people go into support threads to say they hate a character

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think that the concept of "various weapons" used in Byleth's moveset could be really well utilised in Lana's own moveset - by using not just one item, but all three - the Book of Sorcery, the Deku Spear, and the Summoner's Gate - could allow a really weird and unique moveset. As opposed to limiting it to just one weapon, the idea of being able to create barriers as well as messing with trees/roots, electricity, and even summoning monsters as well as using things like the Gate and the Spear as close-range weapons, there's... so much potential. It kinda shocks me that Lana is such an "obscure" pick... but I can't help but feel that it might be too late for her. Base roster would have been perfect... damn it.

Top Bottom