• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Warriors' White Witch: Lana for Smash Switch

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Do you think that they would release a Hyrule Warriors 2?
I know there has been the 2 ports for the original, but could you see there being enough material left to warrant a sequel?
And if so, would you have Lana and Cia return, or introduce new characters?
Honestly I can see a Hyrule Warriors 2 in the works. Maybe for another 2 years in the future thanks to the definitive edition.

As for new characters, it depends if they can make a new threat who can be strong as Cia and be a new ally to Ganondorf after his ressurection. I don’t see them dropping Lana and Cia any time soon since they are the new Gaurdians of Time after the events of Legends. Linkle can also depend if she also plans to rejoin the Hyrule army for another war.

There’s plenty of possible ways this can go.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I honestly want Cia over Lana. She was my best character in the game... and man as a villain she was pretty interesting. A villaness taking the whole love the hero to the next level was cool.

Plus her whole design checked nearly every box of mine

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I love Hyrule Warriors.
And she's the cutest! <3

I support!
Added. I personally hope she is DLC when things are looking less likely for her to be in the base game.

I honestly want Cia over Lana. She was my best character in the game... and man as a villain she was pretty interesting. A villaness taking the whole love the hero to the next level was cool.

Plus her whole design checked nearly every box of mine
Cia is underrated.

Gotten backlash at the tie just for her whole love gimmick and he design. But like you said, she's good in her own way. I see her as being less realistic aha Linkle and Lana, but her inclusion in Smash would be welcome in my book (I even own her support topic).

zferolie

Smash Hero
well thats more than i needed to know
Haha

Added. I personally hope she is DLC when things are looking less likely for her to be in the base game.

Cia is underrated.

Gotten backlash at the tie just for her whole love gimmick and he design. But like you said, she's good in her own way. I see her as being less realistic aha Linkle and Lana, but her inclusion in Smash would be welcome in my book (I even own her support topic).
People just look at her and say, "Oh shes a sex appeal character", what I find interesting though is that she did that to herself, to make what she felt would make her more attractive to Link. It could be a very interesting character study on why she choise to change what she did in order to be sexier.

Oh there is a Cia support topic?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
People just look at her and say, "Oh shes a sex appeal character", what I find interesting though is that she did that to herself, to make what she felt would make her more attractive to Link. It could be a very interesting character study on why she choise to change what she did in order to be sexier.

Oh there is a Cia support topic?
I am not lying when I say I own a Cia support topic. Sadly its been dead since not that many people want her in Smash in comparison to Lana and Linkle. Bu sure. I can link it.

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-black-witch-cia-all-allies-of-the-hero-must-perish.453712/

And I totally agree with you on why Cia's character works for what it is. Too many people only look at her design and scream "Fanservice" while ignoring her complex movies and reasons to be evil. And I always knew that the provocative outfit was her way of making herself draw Link in when he's not someone who easily falls for sex appeal.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll give Cia one thing, she is at least original and not just power hungry like Veran.

That gave her some props other than the fact both are pawns to Ganondorf.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am not lying when I say I own a Cia support topic. Sadly its been dead since not that many people want her in Smash in comparison to Lana and Linkle. Bu sure. I can link it.

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-black-witch-cia-all-allies-of-the-hero-must-perish.453712/

And I totally agree with you on why Cia's character works for what it is. Too many people only look at her design and scream "Fanservice" while ignoring her complex movies and reasons to be evil. And I always knew that the provocative outfit was her way of making herself draw Link in when he's not someone who easily falls for sex appeal.
Well its no longer dead. I get the Linkle is more popular for smash, but surprised Lana is more popular to. Shes cool and all, but Cia brings a ton of new to the game, especially female Villain.

And yeah, maybe some of the designers made her sexy for sexy, but I feel there was more to it, given just how obsessed she is for Link, and feels that she wants to try and capture him in ways other girls in other timelines couldn't

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well its no longer dead. I get the Linkle is more popular for smash, but surprised Lana is more popular to. Shes cool and all, but Cia brings a ton of new to the game, especially female Villain.

And yeah, maybe some of the designers made her sexy for sexy, but I feel there was more to it, given just how obsessed she is for Link, and feels that she wants to try and capture him in ways other girls in other timelines couldn't
Cia had almost succeeded in her goal too, until she lost her mind and used up too much of her magic as well.

Quite the tragic end, until Legends that is.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Cia had almost succeeded in her goal too, until she lost her mind and used up too much of her magic as well.

Quite the tragic end, until Legends that is.
That reminds me i really should finish the switch version. I got side tracked by other games. I actually got Cia's Final weapon much earlier then intended due to some luck and pactice in that mission that unlocked it, so I just destroy anything I touch in that game as Cia :)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That reminds me i really should finish the switch version. I got side tracked by other games. I actually got Cia's Final weapon much earlier then intended due to some luck and pactice in that mission that unlocked it, so I just destroy anything I touch in that game as Cia :)
This also reminds me that I should really get back into playing the Adventure Mode of the Definitive Edition.

Cia is easily one fo my most played characters in the game and I should get all of her weapons and swaps.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
I just need to state that Hyrule Warriors was joint collab with Nintendo and Koei Tecmo. Yuri from Fatal Frame V has been confirmed to be an Assist Trophy, and the Fatal Frame series is Tecmo's premier Horror franchise.

So, with that said, I think Lana's chances have gotten stronger, although not to a big extent. There are chances she could turn up as a DLC character, though she'd face competition from Hayabusa and/or Kasumi for a Tecmo rep.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well as much as I hate to say it, I will be leaving this site for a while.

Feel free to take ownership of this thread push for Lana support if you want to.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I am back.

But no worries Fogbadge, you can keep this topic if you want.

Not surprised about people simply forgetting about Lana after a while.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
to be fair its still under your control
Because of Smashboard's new infrastructure preventing owner changes.

But nonetheless, I don't expect us to get new supports for a long time.

still waiting for that moveset
I'd say give me a week, not just because I need ideas but for me being sick in bed.

It will be a mix of all 3 of her main weapons, with the Book of Sorcery being her main focus. Some may disagree with this, but that's how I want to envision her. Look forward to it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Because of Smashboard's new infrastructure preventing owner changes.

But nonetheless, I don't expect us to get new supports for a long time.
didnt we just just need to ask a mod? oh it doesnt matter

might have a go at a moveset myself combining all three of her weapons

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There's a reason why he called her his favorite. ;)

Also, I will say it's weird how KT can have a Fatal Frame AT and spirit in here, yet HW gets bupkis.
Yeah, no Hyrule Warriors Spirits is odd. Did negotiations fall through or Sakurai just wasn’t interested.

You would expect some representation. But there is nothing at all.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I say it was a complete oversight by the spirits team, this kind of thing is common for this game.
Yeah, there are many glaring omissions. Like certain Odyssey things not being referenced, no spirit for Mike Jones, among other things.

Either way, shame that we have nothing for Hyrule Warriors in Smash at all. This doesn't bode well for Lana.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
didnt we just just need to ask a mod? oh it doesnt matter

might have a go at a moveset myself combining all three of her weapons
Is that a challenge? Not that I mind, you make your moves and I make mines. Who knows which one ends ups being better.

We did ask a mod, t'shard to explain, but ownership can't change anymore because it is a different coding. But I'm not tech wiz myself.

Yeah, there are many glaring omissions. Like certain Odyssey things not being referenced, no spirit for Mike Jones, among other things.

Either way, shame that we have nothing for Hyrule Warriors in Smash at all. This doesn't bode well for Lana.
Worst case scenario, she isn't happening since the rights are too strict.

Or Sakurai simply doesn't care about ay Zelda character that isn't a Triofrce user, even if they are from a spinoff.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Is that a challenge? Not that I mind, you make your moves and I make mines. Who knows which one ends ups being better.

We did ask a mod, t'shard to explain, but ownership can't change anymore because it is a different coding. But I'm not tech wiz myself.
oh did you i do beg your pardon, also it wasnt a challenge i just had a couple ideas pop into my head

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I support Lana in Smash. She's one of my most-wanted characters, but I'm not so sure if she'll ever happen, considering we didn't get a drop of content from Hyrule Warriors in Smash Ultimate as far as I know of. Which is a shame because the game had such a brilliant soundtrack and top-notch character designs.

That being said, I did make a moveset for Lana (it uses all three of her weapons) just for the fun of it. I'd say it's a pretty nice moveset, but I'm not sure if it could be integrated well into Smash. However, would anyone be interested in seeing what I came up with?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I support Lana in Smash. She's one of my most-wanted characters, but I'm not so sure if she'll ever happen, considering we didn't get a drop of content from Hyrule Warriors in Smash Ultimate as far as I know of. Which is a shame because the game had such a brilliant soundtrack and top-notch character designs.

That being said, I did make a moveset for Lana (it uses all three of her weapons) just for the fun of it. I'd say it's a pretty nice moveset, but I'm not sure if it could be integrated well into Smash. However, would anyone be interested in seeing what I came up with?
of course share away

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We are back in business. The lack of Hyrule Warriors material may be a huge concern, but we can hope our White Witch join the Snash cast.

Her competition is Ryu, but IMO we could have both him and Lana.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We are back in business. The lack of Hyrule Warriors material may be a huge concern, but we can hope our White Witch join the Snash cast.

Her competition is Ryu, but IMO we could have both him and Lana.

What do you all think?
hard to say, sometimes it seems that sakurai is reluctant to add anymore zelda characters but on the other hand he also seems to be more than willing to put in just about any video game character in smash now

but i dont think itd come down to her and ryu, i dont think sakurai would consider them both at the same time, id think lana's competition would come from the other hyrule warriors originals and ryu's would come from other characters from his series

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fog's got a point. Her being partially owned by Tecmo Koei does not make her direct competition to Ryu. Ryu is in a league of his own and they would go for him easily due to being iconic.

Zelda is in this weird spot that Sakurai is too afraid f adding any new fighters since Brawl, the cursed Triforce User criteria.

If anything, Linkle is her only threat. But both are in the same both since they only appear in Warriors and Aonuma did not make that Linkle game he promised. So it will be a matter of who would be interested enough to be the Hyrule Warriors rep.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Fog's got a point. Her being partially owned by Tecmo Koei does not make her direct competition to Ryu. Ryu is in a league of his own and they would go for him easily due to being iconic.

Zelda is in this weird spot that Sakurai is too afraid f adding any new fighters since Brawl, the cursed Triforce User criteria.

If anything, Linkle is her only threat. But both are in the same both since they only appear in Warriors and Aonuma did not make that Linkle game he promised. So it will be a matter of who would be interested enough to be the Hyrule Warriors rep.
did aonuma promise to make a linkle game? i thought he just said that theyd bring her back if the was enough call for it

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Then in that case raising up attention for Linkle seems like a logical course of action. Besides, we could use a Link with a moveset that's a little less similar for once.

The downside is, fan support for Zelda characters is unfocused, especially since Skull Kid got passed over again.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Then in that case raising up attention for Linkle seems like a logical course of action. Besides, we could use a Link with a moveset that's a little less similar for once.

The downside is, fan support for Zelda characters is unfocused, especially since Skull Kid got passed over again.
well maybe just support for the series in general will help

Top Bottom