• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Warriors' White Witch: Lana for Smash Switch

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Time to revive this thread!

I have been listening and reading alot of speculation for this new smash game, and after some serious thought, i think Lana may have a great chance.

Hyrule Warriors Legend came out in early 2016(2 months or so post corrin and bayo dlc) and smash switch is speculated to have started around the summer of 2016(possible 1st a port than a legitimate game).
Considering the amount of games that came out and have not been represented by smash brother wii u &3ds, i feel that a hyrule warriors rep is a huge likelyhood of happening.

Reading back a few pages(lol at master bike and swotch port), i dont think the situation of rights for the characters are a huge problem. Koei and Nintendo are working together more closely than before, and i dont think it would be a problem if sakurai asked for a hyrule warriors rep in smash since it is a Huge game for the wii u(tho if koei said no/ sakurai wanted ryu H. Instead than that puts my thinking null).... Theres also the idea that the charavters arent owned by nintendo but sakurai didnt care and asked for them anyway(who would say not to him NOW).

Anywho i support Lana, while linkle and impa may be her biggest competition, i think sakurai will choose Lana as we do need more mage characters in this game along with more zelda rep( this coming from a guy that thinks 2 zelda reps, 1 warriors and 1 in canon to the main series, are happening).

Her moveset is interesting with lighting balls and walls(and i do think the deku leaf and portal will appear in her moveset). And her alts can be the skull kid and white witch attair.

Anywho, wanted to make this thread feel more alive since the news have been slow.
There we have it, this topic is back in the spotlight. Added you to the list too mate.

And you just may be right, that would be the perfect timing for some Hyrule Warriors content since it came just it time before Smash switch event started being a thing. We could get things like a stage with music and trophies, I will still hold my breath for at least one HW character (preferably Lana).

You are right that Tecmo's close relationship with Nintendo puts her in a good spot. Sakurai would still have to approach them either way for a Fatal Frame trophy (or more) since it's a fairly prominent series they co-own with Nintendo. This is related because it gives us more of a shot as far as Hyrule Warriors content too or even a character. Not only she has competition with a Zelda character, but other Tecmo characters like Ryu Hayabusa and a Fatal Frame rep.

Her moveset definitely speaks for itself. That's why she would make an excellent character. Elemental magic and manipulation with magical walls/blocks. If that doesn't scream excitement, then I don't know what will.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Thank for reviving this tbh.

I even did that Lana support Discord, it's totally ded now lol.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I do remember supporting Lana during the DLC times during Smash 4. Frankly I'm surprised as I thought she had mostly been forgotten about at this point and admittedly, I kind of did as well lol.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I do remember supporting Lana during the DLC times during Smash 4. Frankly I'm surprised as I thought she had mostly been forgotten about at this point and admittedly, I kind of did as well lol.
I can't blame you there, mostly because people feel it may be unlikely to get a Hyrule Warriors character in Smash or that she would be inferior to Linkle (The one female Link everyone always wanted).

Though things may be a bit different. We just have to see how thinsg roll.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lana getting in would be one hell of a switcharound at this point, lol. Everyone's talking about Linkle if anything. But i still want it so bad
This.

Ever since Linkle came along, people dropped her like a hot potato because "OMG Female Link" and the fact that she was a scrapped character who became playable in a sequel.

I would personal rather have Lana if only because she has more potential.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Lana is the character I want the most for the next Smash game so I’ll gladly keep supporting her.

@ Linkle: My main issue with her was how she was hyped and then her story came along and she’s more of a background character. Her popularity evaporated just as fast as it rose.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys so tomorrow is Lana RTC, her chances in the tread may not be so good, but let try and give her all our support!!! Maybe we can convince non supporters that she may be more likely than they think.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys so tomorrow is Lana RTC, her chances in the tread may not be so good, but let try and give her all our support!!! Maybe we can convince non supporters that she may be more likely than they think.
I will do my bets since the captain here is hospitalized for a while.

Though I think the issue comes from her being a spinoff character and possibly being owned by Tecmo than Nintendo.

Either way, she is brimming with poetical from the weapons and gameplay alone.

D

Deleted member

I will do my bets since the captain here is hospitalized for a while.

Though I think the issue comes from her being a spinoff character and possibly being owned by Tecmo than Nintendo.

Either way, she is brimming with poetical from the weapons and gameplay alone.
Oh geez i didnt hear about this, hope he/she does well.

I find that issue wouldnt really be much of a problem. Nintendo have been buddy with Techmo for a while, and getting the rights to use Lana wouldnt be too hard(i imagine it'll be a peice of cake, considering we got Cloud Strife of all people).

Also i dont think sakurai cares if a character is from a spinoff or not, but rather cares what the character can bring to smash bros.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh geez i didnt hear about this, hope he/she does well.

I find that issue wouldnt really be much of a problem. Nintendo have been buddy with Techmo for a while, and getting the rights to use Lana wouldnt be too hard(i imagine it'll be a peice of cake, considering we got Cloud Strife of all people).

Also i dont think sakurai cares if a character is from a spinoff or not, but rather cares what the character can bring to smash bros.
This is true, uniqueness and how a character fights matters more.

Plus getting the rights should be no issue when we had Other M stuff and Fatal Frame trophies the last time.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Remember who carried the votes for her kappa.

Rights for Lana aren't a problem tbh. And her chances aren't great, but realistic.
More realistic than some ppl think tbh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember who carried the votes for her kappa.

Rights for Lana aren't a problem tbh. And her chances aren't great, but realistic.
More realistic than some ppl think tbh.
Like being a popular new character for Zelda?

Then again, The Champions exists and they are unlikely.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Like being a popular new character for Zelda?

Then again, The Champions exists and they are unlikely.
Mainly the fact the game had 3 releases for example and it could've represented the Warriors spinoffs. Even if Sakurai haven't heard of 3rd game (wouldn't be surprised if he did) that's still possibility. Not a huge one, but not out of the question either.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
My wife voted for this character in the SSB ballot haha.

I want a new Zelda character, Zelda is my favorite franchise ever and has remained pretty scarce with character reps, but I think Lana only beats out Tingle for me. Skull Kid is my number one most wanted character in SSB, Midna would be really awesome as well, Impa is a reasonable choice that actually has lots of merit and Ghirahim would certainly be interesting although I admit I don't really support him. Lana is just really low on my list and it would be awkward to me if she made it in before someone like Impa, a mainstay with popularity and increasingly more significant roles in the series.

I guess I'm not against Lana, but I would be kind of disappointed if we got her instead of another main series Zelda character. I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually and love her moveset, but I specifically can't let go of Skull Kid. Bottom line is it's just not healthy to dream haha, I'd be surprised if we suddenly got a new Zelda character at this point, anyways.

D

Deleted member

From the rate the character thread

Lana
5.91% Chance
25.21% Want

Disappointing, but not unexpected. I think this would have been higher if another Zelda newcomer came in with her in this game. Now i knowing if she gets in this board will lose it haha.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
From the rate the character thread

Lana
5.91% Chance
25.21% Want

Disappointing, but not unexpected. I think this would have been higher if another Zelda newcomer came in with her in this game. Now i knowing if she gets in this board will lose it haha.
Because if a spinoff character like Lana makes it over a more beloved canon Zelda character, enough people would be upset. It would be the same if someone like Daisy gets in over Captain Toad.

I still would be interested in Lana regardless. Just not interested in the whole "drinking tears" aspect since I've been beat with that tactic enough times.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Updated the support list.

And it's a shame I missed out on her RTC day too. Though I had my reasons.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hey! There still people who support Lana. That's awesome! Easily one of my most wanted characters (she already was for Smash 4).

Lana ist my favorite character in Hyrule Warriors and a favorite character in general (her book of sorcery was broken af and i loved it!)
Anyway count me in as a supporter.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know i did not like lana at all, but her character development and story plus my extreme love of zelda seem to have overridden that so put on the support list if you wouldnt mind

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'll everyone in a bit. Glad to see people still have hope for her inclusion.

D

Deleted member

My main hesitance in talking about characters exclusive to Nintendo Warriors games is, well, that they're exclusive to spin-offs developed by a 3rd party (though I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Lana) and I'm not sure they'd go for that over a main series character. That's the case for both Zelda and Fire Emblem.

But that's all in the realm of likeliness. If the stars aligned and Lana became playable I'd be all for it. Consider me a supporter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Added.

Glad to see that there are still people that are waiting on her to have some role in Smash

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Side question about Lana and other Hyrule Warriors OCs, are they wholly owned by Nintendo like K. Rool or owned by Koei Tecmo like Geno and SquareEnix?

D

Deleted member

Side question about Lana and other Hyrule Warriors OCs, are they wholly owned by Nintendo like K. Rool or owned by Koei Tecmo like Geno and SquareEnix?
Not sure about characters like Lana and Cia. But Eiji Aounuma has said that Linkle's popularity has led him to consider putting her in a main series Zelda game in the future. So Linkle at least is probably owned by Nintendo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's a bit of a gray area. On one hand, Eiji Aonuma fully supervised and helped with the direction of Hyrule Warriors.

On the other hand, the game is fully published by Koei in Japan and they would need their permission to use the game's soundtracks.

So Lana is a Nintendo character, but still would require some direction from Tecmo Koei.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Added.

Glad to see that there are still people that are waiting on her to have some role in Smash
I'd like to have Lana in Smash, but I feel like there are other Zelda characters that would get in first - and given the lack of new representation for Zelda over the years (other than more Links), I can't see her chances being good.

It's a shame, because I think she's an awesome character, with a lot of moveset potential.
She could lend a lot of moves from her various weapons in HW, and she could have her alternate costumes as well.
We live in hope!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Lana, Linkle, and Cia would all be great additions to Smash as each would be very unique characters.

I hope that we can at least see them in future mainline Zelda games.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Lana, Linkle, and Cia would all be great additions to Smash as each would be very unique characters.

I hope that we can at least see them in future mainline Zelda games.
It would be a waste if they weren't used in future games, especially Linkle.
Both Lana and Cia are interesting characters, and Cia is an interesting villain - she would be a nice change of pace from Ganon.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It would be a waste if they weren't used in future games, especially Linkle.
Both Lana and Cia are interesting characters, and Cia is an interesting villain - she would be a nice change of pace from Ganon.
Agreed.

Assuming Aonuma is serious about what he say, Linkle will certainly have her own game fist before anyone else.

Though I would also love to see Lana and Cha get the same treatment.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Agreed.

Assuming Aonuma is serious about what he say, Linkle will certainly have her own game fist before anyone else.

Though I would also love to see Lana and Cha get the same treatment.
Aonuma said that? That's awesome if that's the case.
As long as it's not Crossbow Training 2.0, that would be upsetting!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Aonuma said that? That's awesome if that's the case.
As long as it's not Crossbow Training 2.0, that would be upsetting!
He did and this was around the time Linkle was revealed for Hyrule Warriors Legends.

2 years ago to be exact.

https://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-says-linkle-will-be-kept-in-mind-for-future-zelda-games/

Also reminder that he said something similar for the Master Cycle being in a canon Zelda game, the Mario Kart one. But now we have an ancient style Master Cycle in Breath of the Wild as DLC.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
He did and this was around the time Linkle was revealed for Hyrule Warriors Legends.

2 years ago to be exact.

https://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-says-linkle-will-be-kept-in-mind-for-future-zelda-games/

Also reminder that he said something similar for the Master Cycle being in a canon Zelda game, the Mario Kart one. But now we have an ancient style Master Cycle in Breath of the Wild as DLC.
So he's true to his word it seems....

Given that information (can't believe I didn't know this was a thing), I think if it doesn't strengthen any kind of representation for Smash, I can see her being in a new mainline Zelda game - and I'm thinking specifically about a BotW style game.

What if the next Zelda game used the same engine, but had a 'customisable' protagonist? I.e. you pick Link or Linkle?
Gender choice is a thing in most open world games, and the story could be designed around the protagonist being either Link or Linkle.
That, or you have the story split between Link and Linkle, with possible co-op elements? Just so you get some of the gameplay/play style nuances specific to Linkle.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So he's true to his word it seems....

Given that information (can't believe I didn't know this was a thing), I think if it doesn't strengthen any kind of representation for Smash, I can see her being in a new mainline Zelda game - and I'm thinking specifically about a BotW style game.

What if the next Zelda game used the same engine, but had a 'customisable' protagonist? I.e. you pick Link or Linkle?
Gender choice is a thing in most open world games, and the story could be designed around the protagonist being either Link or Linkle.
That, or you have the story split between Link and Linkle, with possible co-op elements? Just so you get some of the gameplay/play style nuances specific to Linkle.
I wouldn't mind this at all.

Having her be a playable option in a possible Breath of the Wild sequel would be quite cool actually.

D

Deleted member

You know Mario has had some pretty good results in the realm of turn based rpg’s. Why not give Zelda one? There’s an idea for a game Linkle could have a prominent role in.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know Mario has had some pretty good results in the realm of turn based rpg’s. Why not give Zelda one? There’s an idea for a game Linkle could have a prominent role in.
A Zelda RPG would be quite fun. We never had one before and Linkle would fit it alot.

So would Lana too.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
A Zelda RPG would be quite fun. We never had one before and Linkle would fit it alot.

So would Lana too.
Do you think that they would release a Hyrule Warriors 2?
I know there has been the 2 ports for the original, but could you see there being enough material left to warrant a sequel?
And if so, would you have Lana and Cia return, or introduce new characters?

Top Bottom