• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Warriors' White Witch: Lana for Smash Switch

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Book of Sorcery is her signature weapon in Hyrule Warriors so it would make sense for that weapon to be her MAIN weapon in Smash as well. Deku Spear and Gate can both be implemented to some degree without overshadowing Book of Sorcery.

Deku Spear: Some special moves.
Gate: Recovery and FS.

Would that work?
Yeah, that would work. Have more focus on her trademark weapon and have the unlockable weapons as a smaller focus of her character in Smash.

Maybe I won't need to make a new poll. Let alone one that decided whether or not Cia should be an alt of her (saves me the trouble of bringing the old support thread here).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think having the Deku Spear and the Gate in her moveset alongside the Tome would be too cluttered. It should be just the Tome as her moveset needs to be centered around the unique aspects of her abilities.

That being said, the Summoning Gate works perfectly as a Final Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And adding on to my point to the Linkle getting her game, remember when Aonuma said that he wants the Master Bike to appear in the franchise?

Yeah, I wouldn't take his words as a fact unless we get a modern version of Zelda that can run motorcycles.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
IWith her abilities, she's got a lot to cover with her three weapons. Or they can just focus on her main one with zoning magic as her main focus. IMO I see Impa as the only real Zelda threat to her (The Champions are most likely on the same boat as most Zelda one-shots and Skull Kid's time had long passed). In terms of Tecmo Koei however, both Hayabusa or even another Warriors character (Lu Bu or even Yukimura Sanada) could be chosen by the company instead if they don't want to push Lana's character further.

Either way, I would definitely enjoy her inclusion. If an Assist Trophy happens, then that's just as ideal. She could be the face of Hyrule Warriors if they push her some more in a possible Switch sequel.
I think that her tome would be good enough honestly.

What I would be worried about though, is if they did only use her tome how similar would she be to Robin? They already have the spell zoning gimmick but at the same time Lana's spells would probably be vastly different than Robins (and she would probably have unlimited uses with her tome as well). One thing I would like to see is Lana using her Summoning Gate as her Final Smash, and again it can also include Cia as well. As for WHAT the Summoning Gate summons...? Perhaps it could be random?

... Or maybe just a giant Cucco (given that's what her Summoning Gate Special is).

Temple of Souls with THAT room for the Omega version? All of my "YES".
If Lana did somehow get in out of luck, and if they did plan on making new stages as well I'd love for the Temple of Souls to be her stage, and have some Hyrule Warriors Music included with it. The music will have to be a must for sure.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And adding on to my point to the Linkle getting her game, remember when Aonuma said that he wants the Master Bike to appear in the franchise?

Yeah, I wouldn't take his words as a fact unless we get a modern version of Zelda that can run motorcycles.
That's not really a good argument. Chances are that Aonuma was joking and we knew for sure that Breath of the Wild had a ton of drafts of a more modern and futuristic approach (but was scrapped. Even then, the whole Master Bike argument doesn't work since Linkle was a character who exploded in popularity and got revived as a character because of her fandom. You can't compare the two, it's different.

I think having the Deku Spear and the Gate in her moveset alongside the Tome would be too cluttered. It should be just the Tome as her moveset needs to be centered around the unique aspects of her abilities.

That being said, the Summoning Gate works perfectly as a Final Smash.
I think that her tome would be good enough honestly.

What I would be worried about though, is if they did only use her tome how similar would she be to Robin? They already have the spell zoning gimmick but at the same time Lana's spells would probably be vastly different than Robins (and she would probably have unlimited uses with her tome as well). One thing I would like to see is Lana using her Summoning Gate as her Final Smash, and again it can also include Cia as well. As for WHAT the Summoning Gate summons...? Perhaps it could be random?

... Or maybe just a giant Cucco (given that's what her Summoning Gate Special is).
Pretty much. There's enough to do with the book like lightning and magic barriers. The interactions with her barriers would definitely be an important part of her character, they can be walls or even platforms when created. Shattering them when she doesn't need them anymore. And pages, lots and lots of pages as if she's a Read or Die character.

I doubt they would really need to break the tome, she definitely has more versatility over Robin since it's permanent. Even then, Robin never had barriers to begin with. No sword either since Lana is simply too cool to use one.

A Summoning Gate Final Smash would be cool. With or without Cia. It can be a bunch of Cuccoo's just to stick with the silliness of the original weapon or something more serious like summoning one of the Zelda bosses (Manhandala, King Dodongo, etc). I would definitely love the Temple of Souls as a stage, seems like the most fitting location from Hyrule Warriors to use next to the Valley of Seers. A war background should happen and bunch of monsters to at least keep with the Warriors tradition.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Aonuma says crazy things sometimes.

As for Lana and her Book of Sorcery, definitely different from how Robin handles it. As I mentioned before, Book of Sorcery as her main weapon while Deku Spear and Summoning Gate could be relegated to other roles like throws specials, recovery and definitely the Summoning Gate to summon a Giant Cucco as a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Put me down, love Hyrule Warriors and Lana would be perfect. Just anything Hyrule Warriors, even if it's as simple as a HW skin for Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganon, would satisfy me

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Put me down, love Hyrule Warriors and Lana would be perfect. Just anything Hyrule Warriors, even if it's as simple as a HW skin for Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganon, would satisfy me
I'm on the same boat as you. Anything Hyrule Warriors related in Smash would be good, even if it's a couple tracks or costumes. We would be lucky to get Lana, but hey, a guy can dream.

You should be put on the list soon, but the OP is a little under weather (sick). She would be happy to see more support whenever she gets here.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm all for her. She was my favorite of the OCs in Hyrule Warriors. Plus another magic user in the roster is something Smash really needs.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Added you three, Basty Basty , Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi , and 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 .

Was under the severe weather, but I'm back and that won't stop the Lana festival from happening.

As part of a new topic, how would any of you feel with her having her Guardian of Time outfit as a alternate costume?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Added you three, Basty Basty , Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi , and 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 .

Was under the severe weather, but I'm back and that won't stop the Lana festival from happening.

As part of a new topic, how would any of you feel with her having her Guardian of Time outfit as a alternate costume?
Yeah, she should have it.
In fact, since she shares it with Cia, one might even say it should be her default costume to rep both of them at once.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, she should have it.
In fact, since she shares it with Cia, one might even say it should be her default costume to rep both of them at once.
In a scenario where the Hyrule Warriors devs are alright with wanting that as her ideal vision in Smash, then that's fine. Not like she's as showy as Cia in comparison as a character.

Any else see no issue in this?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
idc the deku spear is a must. One of my most used movesets and so also characters from the game.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

She should have it. That, most of her recolors (especially the Deku Princess one) and the Skull Kid costume for ultimate trolling purposes.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The (possible) sixth Zelda character should definitely be Lana or Wolf Link, as they would be unique.

In the end, Young Link would just be another clone with the same Final Smash. As for Impa, depending on which incarnation they use, I only see her being a Luigified Sheik. Ghirahim would just be another plain sword wielder, with maybe a few projectiles.

Lana was mine favourite character to use in HW, along with Zelda and Ruto. Although, I only preferred the tome. Hated her other weapons, as they were just too damn slow. I just have an affinity for the long-range characters.

If we get a Hyrule Warriors game for the Switch, I think it should be a true sequel--not a port or deluxe version. Said sequel could revolve around Breath of the Wild, and maybe Link Between Worlds. If Lana appears in that game, then her chances could rise. [EDIT] Would be funny if the Three Links from Triforce Heroes were playable as one.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The (possible) sixth Zelda character should definitely be Lana or Wolf Link, as they would be unique.

In the end, Young Link would just be another clone with the same Final Smash. As for Impa, depending on which incarnation they use, I only see her being a Luigified Sheik. Ghirahim would just be another plain sword wielder, with maybe a few projectiles.

Lana was mine favourite character to use in HW, along with Zelda and Ruto. Although, I only preferred the tome. Hated her other weapons, as they were just too damn slow. I just have an affinity for the long-range characters.

If we get a Hyrule Warriors game for the Switch, I think it should be a true sequel--not a port or deluxe version. Said sequel could revolve around Breath of the Wild, and maybe Link Between Worlds. If Lana appears in that game, then her chances could rise. [EDIT] Would be funny if the Three Links from Triforce Heroes were playable as one.
If a new Hyrule Warriors game happens on the Switch, all four of the BotW Champions should be playable. Now that would be cool.

I have faith that Lana will be back since Koei is playing her a mascot for the series. Most of the story revolves around her helping Link and co. defeat Cia and

Cia is revived and agrees to watch Hyrule and time itself with Lana by her side in Legends' ending.

She's definitely the Third Wheel for Hyruel Warriors.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Lana is like my 2nd fav character ever (1st one is basically impossible to happen lol) and I'd LOVE to see her in Smash. That'd be like insta main honestly.
So you get my full support on this :D

Honestly how I imagined her is obviously majority of attacks with her tome (I mean, probably mainly page swings and some thunder stuff for normals) with Spear, Gates (an maybe even specter) in 2-3 moves or just specials. Ofc her trademark Walls would be one special.
And Final Smash is obviously Cucco assault lol.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lana is like my 2nd fav character ever (1st one is basically impossible to happen lol) and I'd LOVE to see her in Smash. That'd be like insta main honestly.
So you get my full support on this :D

Honestly how I imagined her is obviously majority of attacks with her tome (I mean, probably mainly page swings and some thunder stuff for normals) with Spear, Gates (an maybe even specter) in 2-3 moves or just specials. Ofc her trademark Walls would be one special.
And Final Smash is obviously Cucco assault lol.
Great ideas so far. And I do agree that her physical attacks should depend more on magic from her tomes, like Warriors. Some incorporations of her other weapons can definitely work.

Though I can say something happened with the OP around the time you posted this. So she would be back in a while before you are added to that list.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nice ideas Megaban Megaban . I like them alot. Though I'm sure most agree that her trademark Book of Sorcery should be the biggest focus in her moveset. At least Lord Zero and Kenith.

And now that I'm back, I'll just sign you up on that there list.

And that puts us at 12 supporters. I guess we can say congratulations? :smash:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yay us tbh o7

I hope more ppl actually hope for Lana ;-;
We can hope. What we need is a Hyrule Warriors port with more characters.

That way Lana support can gain for traction TBH. Hopefully Fire Emblem Warriors is successful so that can happen in a few years.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Basically. I'm actually considering doing Lana server lol.
Might do Lana 4 Smash channel?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah. Basically. I'm actually considering doing Lana server lol.
Might do Lana 4 Smash channel?
Mind telling us where this will be?

Discord or somewhere else?

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Yeah, on Discord. I just need some literally godly Lana pic for it :p
I'll drop the invite once I make it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, on Discord. I just need some literally godly Lana pic for it :p
I'll drop the invite once I make it.
Sounds cool.

Take your time and plan this server well.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oki, I think I'm done with general things, I hope it'll bolster Lana's chances :)
Here's the Discord server link: https://discord.gg/nAnyXQc
Just joined.

Right now, it looks kind of empty, but I will give you time to really spice things up later on.
Looking forward to the discussion that may happen.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Yeah, humble beginnings, can't say I know how to pick people up there lol.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lana? LANA? NOT WIZZRO?!

Kids these days... Its all about those blue haired, anime wives of theirs. A doomed generation set to burn in the hottest of flames. :005:

*cough* anyways I'm not into Lana. But on the idea of a playable character from Hyrule Warriors, I'd prefer to play as Wizzro.

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
I support Lana, but I think she should be listed as a third party Koei Tecmo character with a Warriors emblem. It would make her not have to compete with the Zelda cast and give Koei Tecmo recognition for making my favorite Zelda game.

I feel like I'm the only one who likes Linkle but doesn't like Groose.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With Hyrule Warriors Deluxe and Smash Switch being a thing, I'd say the odds of Hyrule Warriors content in Smash is high.

As for Lana herself, only time will tell.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Buuump. This place needs to live, I want Lana now ;-;

I have that ded Discord server devoted to Lana, but I'd need more ppl willing to liven it up.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Buuump. This place needs to live, I want Lana now ;-;

I have that ded Discord server devoted to Lana, but I'd need more ppl willing to liven it up.
Not much discussion had happened since I was last there. Anything had changed since then?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Time to revive this thread!

I have been listening and reading alot of speculation for this new smash game, and after some serious thought, i think Lana may have a great chance.

Hyrule Warriors Legend came out in early 2016(2 months or so post corrin and bayo dlc) and smash switch is speculated to have started around the summer of 2016(possible 1st a port than a legitimate game).
Considering the amount of games that came out and have not been represented by smash brother wii u &3ds, i feel that a hyrule warriors rep is a huge likelyhood of happening.

Reading back a few pages(lol at master bike and swotch port), i dont think the situation of rights for the characters are a huge problem. Koei and Nintendo are working together more closely than before, and i dont think it would be a problem if sakurai asked for a hyrule warriors rep in smash since it is a Huge game for the wii u(tho if koei said no/ sakurai wanted ryu H. Instead than that puts my thinking null).... Theres also the idea that the charavters arent owned by nintendo but sakurai didnt care and asked for them anyway(who would say not to him NOW).

Anywho i support Lana, while linkle and impa may be her biggest competition, i think sakurai will choose Lana as we do need more mage characters in this game along with more zelda rep( this coming from a guy that thinks 2 zelda reps, 1 warriors and 1 in canon to the main series, are happening).

Her moveset is interesting with lighting balls and walls(and i do think the deku leaf and portal will appear in her moveset). And her alts can be the skull kid and white witch attair.

Anywho, wanted to make this thread feel more alive since the news have been slow.

Top Bottom