• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Temple in Teams

Skler

Smash Master
We all know that Hyrule Temple is completely broken in singles, but what about in teams? It's impossible to run away from two people while pew pew pewing with Fox in teams! The survival chamber is still pretty stupid and the camera zooms out to ridiculous amounts, but are those all bannable offenses?

Discuss how great/terrible Hyrule Temple is and why it shouldn't/should be banned in teams.

P.S. I really wanted to make a thread, I personally still feel Temple should be banned. We just never talk anymore, I feel like we're growing distant :(

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'm totally in favor of more discussion, not about temple tho...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ok.

So what stage are we getting rid of, what tactic are we going to try to ban, or are we finally going to crack and ban a character?

Caaaaaaaaause I cant think of anything else to be talkin 'bout.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium should totally be neutral, **** FoD.

D

Deleted member

easily my favorite stage, but I really feel that as a link player you should be looking for ways to discourage people from playing fox.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'll tell you something good.

Stages that are banned for being broken in 1 vs 1 should always be banned in 2 vs 2 because... wait for it... you can end up with a 1 vs 1 situation all the same.

/thread

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I disagree with that. While 1v1 situations do happen, they are at most what like 15% of the match? That's not that big of a deal.

As for Hyrule Temple, yes, the cave of life is primarily why it should be banned in 2v2. The reason is that the set of skills tested and what weight they have relative to one another is too far disjoint from those of the other stages.

Skler

Smash Master
I think 15% is being a bit generous. Even closely matched teams games end with 2v1 because you stand absolutely no chance once it hits 2v1 unless the two are both at stupid high %s.

It's hard to get hit with a kill move and not have your teammate punish it if you're both good.

I like it when people play (non campy) Fox. It's just really boring when they run away from me on DL64. Yes, I know you can run from me. Please stop making the match last 8 minutes. Just beat me using stupid shield pressure or something, you'll probably win anyways and it'll be a lot less boring.

Sometimes Fox players are boringggggggg. Jman is probably the only campy Fox I like to play and that's because he'll move in and gimp me at 15% even though Link is semi-resistant to those gimps.

Skler

Smash Master
Japes could be legal for doubles. Peach's castle would probably still be way too stupid campy imo.

Pokefloats is fine for doubles as camping stops being an issue.

I say we also legalize Termina bay just because we're so rich/famous/important.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I feel like Japes wouldn't be a huge problem, and Pokefloats is coolio.

I'm just laughing at the image of double Fox waveshining double Peach on either side of the central stage against the wall on Peach's Castle.

Termina Bay is probably the most fair stage in Melee.

And for the record, Kongo Jungle is hella fun in doubles.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'd like to point out that at Genesis my team got CP'd to pokefloats and we got camped pretty ****ing hard by double fox lol.

Wall shining isnt really a legit reason for banning Peach's Castle in doubles. Even in the obscenely unlikely event that both members of a team get wall shined it's actually pretty easy to Smash DI out of.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Hyrule Temple should be legal in singles. You can use your ban on it if you don't like it. Man up.

Top Bottom