• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
ArikadoSD ArikadoSD , do you have a collection of sexy avatars, or do you just stumble upon one that catches your fancy?
both LMAO

also, sometimes I wake up in the morning glad that sm4sh meta ended up evolving into a meta that's customless. other days, i wake up worrying that people who don't attend tournaments and need customs to make their characters viable will eventually overpower the people who don't want customs legal cuz they're jank/a ***** to get and make the meta use customs again... which would suck ass

god why can't we treat all customs (including miis') the same way we treat items and equipment ugh.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
god why can't we treat all customs (including miis') the same way we treat items and equipment ugh.
On just customs in general, they're different from equipment because they aren't RNG as to how good they are, and you can't stack them.
On miis and Palutena it's different because they're unlocked from the start. In addition, they're not broken like some customs.
I do not personally want any customs to be legal but I feel like sometimes they're given a bad rep

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I've almost got all the customs unlocked, and I've had the game for, well, as long as it's been out. Granted, I've not done much grinding for them, but I can't imagine how dull and frustrating that would be.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't mind a guest mii sized brawler with hurricane kick; I really don't.
Otherwise (rest of the non-mii customs, changing sizes, equipment, arikado's avatars) burn them in fire.

I doubt customs meta will come back... people don't play them anymore in any real capacity #_#

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Uh-oh, does it have less base knockback or knockback growth?
It is hard to explain. The formula for Knockback is (((((Percent of the target over 10 + (Percent of the target X Damage the move does over 10)) X 200 over (the target's weight plus 100) X 1.4) + 18) X Knockback Growth) + Base KB) times other variables. So, it does not really affect either, it is it's own type of KB change.

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Also, any particular reason why I don't see Sheik's using U-tilt's jab-reseting capabilities to lock people on platforms? It really is not that hard to land if you are used to doing it.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Also, any particular reason why I don't see Sheik's using U-tilt's jab-reseting capabilities to lock people on platforms? It really is not that hard to land if you are used to doing it.
Not worth potentially missing a guaranteed usmash for a bit more percent, but it's still stylish as ****. I go for it when I can sometimes lol

_Sheik

Smash Lord
It is hard to explain. The formula for Knockback is (((((Percent of the target over 10 + (Percent of the target X Damage the move does over 10)) X 200 over the target's weight plus 100 X 1.4) + 18) X Knockback Growth) + Base KB) times other variables. So, it does not really affect either, it is it's own type of KB change.
Are you quoting the right statement now...?

_SoRa_

Smash Cadet
Hello! I recently had problems using needles well and getting shield grabbed, any tips for this? Thanks! :)

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I recently had problems using needles well and getting shield grabbed, any tips for this? Thanks! :)
I don't have any brainpower to answer that right now, but that would be better to ask in the Sheik Q&A thread.

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
Quick newby question: how do needles affect staling? If you have, say 3 needles charged and hit all 3, does that count as 3 of the 10 staling moves? I've always thought it did due to pummels being kind of the same where 3 pummels = 3 staling spots.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Quick newby question: how do needles affect staling? If you have, say 3 needles charged and hit all 3, does that count as 3 of the 10 staling moves? I've always thought it did due to pummels being kind of the same where 3 pummels = 3 staling spots.
To my knowledge, releasing more than one needle simply counts as one attack, since it's just one attack turned up. If you throw three individually, though, it's three different attacks.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
It counts as one attack, because the game considers it to be a multi-hit

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure what you're asking, but Utilt comes out frame 5, same as Ftilt.
Oh sorry, let me rephrase that because it probably didn't make any sense.

What frame does a move have to come out to hit Sheik in between the first and second hits of up tilt?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

What frame does a move have to come out to hit Sheik in between the first and second hits of up tilt?
Ah. Well, there's no hitbox from frames 9-18, so that's a 10-frame window.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

Ah. Well, there's no hitbox from frames 9-18, so that's a 10-frame window.

Edit: oh lawdy

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

Frame 3 moves don't connect (and neither do frame 2 moves) but there's time to DI down and shield the 2nd hit,

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710

Floaties can jump away
Fast fallers can shield or grab at earlier %s
idk about nairs or fast upbs, but I assume moves with invincibility such as ryu shoryuken would get out pretty easy.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Floaties can jump away
Fast fallers can shield or grab at earlier %s
idk about nairs or fast upbs, but I assume moves with invincibility such as ryu shoryuken would get out pretty easy.
wut

floaties can definitely not jump away and fastfallers can't grab wtf

sure they can shield but they cant outright grab lmao that sounds ridiculous, do u have footage of it?

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
wut

floaties can definitely not jump away and fastfallers can't grab wtf

sure they can shield but they cant outright grab lmao that sounds ridiculous, do u have footage of it?
I worded some of that badly :p

Basically depends where they are when hit. Many times my friend who plays rosa has jumped out after I've hit him with the first hit from below. But if you are both grounded I'm not sure. Kinda want to see what some of that godlike SDI can do. Might do nothing.

With the fastfallers, I mean to say they can shield and then grab.

On this subject, keep in mind that the first hit of uptilt has a set knockback. Similar to falcons first hit of nair, and Links first hit of Bair. The hitstun of course increases though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Howdy, Tristan! It's nice seeing you in here. How've you been?
~shrugs~ Been better, getting better. I've been playing a lot of league and dark souls but once in a while I stumble upon a smash video on YouTube and I get pulled back in. Smash4 is still really exciting to watch and its very aggressive.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

so this is a thing apparently and could turn out to be a viable kill setup on floaties/lightweights... haven't tested with DI, but the % ranges on rosa with no DI is 75-100%, but at 100% u have to hit them at the lower hitbox of fair for bf to true combo.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Chart I made a while back to show who the fullhop fair can hit. Might be useful.
Character | Works

Mario | Yes but difficult
Luigi | Yes
Peach | Yes
Bowser | Yes
Yoshi | Yes
Rosalina | Yes
Bowser Jr. | Yes
Wario | -
Mr GnW | -
Donkey Kong | Yes
Diddy Kong | -
Link | Yes
Zelda | Yes
Sheik | Yes
Ganondorf | Yes
Toon Link | -
Samus | Yes
Zero Suit Samus | Yes
Pit | Yes
Palutena | Yes
Marth | Yes
Ike | Yes
Robin | Yes
Kirby | -
King Dedede | Yes
Meta Knight | -
Little Mac | Yes but difficult
Fox | Yes
Falco | Yes
Pikachu | -
Charizard | -
Lucario | -
Jigglypuff | -
Greninja | -
Duck Hunt | -
ROB | Yes
Ness | -
Captain Falcon | Yes
Villager | -
Olimar | -
Wii Fit Trainer | Yes
Dr Mario | -
Dark Pit | Yes
Lucina | Yes
Shulk | Yes
Pacman | -
Megaman | -
Sonic | Yes
Mewtwo | Yes
Roy | -
Ryu | -
Lucas | Do not own
Cloud | Do not own
Brawler | -
Gunner | -
Swordfighter | -

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Out of curiosity, how do you guys think Sheik would fair (lol punz) in Melee or PM? Her "chaingrabing" would be usable, she would be almost impossible to edgeguard and more. She would not get too much off of L-cancles, but wavedashing would make her a force to be reckond with.

Top Bottom