• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
This was the original thread made in announcement of Smash 4 for all veterans. It discussed her possible inclusion, separation from Zelda and other things well before any confirmations and continued to serve as it's base since.

"Discuss all information pertaining to Sheik in this thread

:sheik:"

:4sheik:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Might as well start the topic with this.

Should Sheik be separated from Zelda? If so, should she be replaced with Impa or not?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Might as well start the topic with this.

Should Sheik be separated from Zelda? If so, should she be replaced with Impa or not?
Honestly, I don't think so... After all, they ARE the same person...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Link and Young Link are technically the same character in Melee. Then there's Mario and Dr. Mario.

It will be weird, but I think it'll work out better for the two of them.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Not sure what people have against Zelda / Sheik combo.

Changing into "another" character is part of her moveset. That's her gimmick, why would we remove that from her?

I know Pokemon Trainer has the same gimmick, but his isn't as simple as swapping between two characters, as he also is FORCED to switch between them.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I feel so Sorry for this thread.

Remember Diddy:

ANYWAY, I expect Sheik will come back. If not, she will be replaced by Impa, Zelda will still "transform" into Impa, and Impa will play exactly the same as Sheik.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Why the fudge would Sheik be replaced by Impa? lawl

Anyway, I wonder how they'll fit Sheik in seeing as they tend to go for the newer representatives of the series; with Zelda's latest appearance being Skyward Sword.

Possibly making Sheik a standalone? I guess I could see that happen.

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
Well if we go by how the veterans are for the most part remade to fit the newer games that came out. I think it's a very high possibility that Sheik would be replaced by Impa... mainly because Impa was a reoccurring character in Skyward sword and since both Sheik and Impa are Sheikah... they are going to have the same moves.

Also, if Impa does turn out to be one of the characters that come out then we can expect to see Ghirahim to possibly replace Ganon. Since that would make 4 different characters toon-link might not show up again. Unless they're willing to add more characters from each series... in that case Groose might make an appearance ^__^?

edit: T_T groose is cool, but he'll probably just be an assist trophy or something like that

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
See, what's more important. Adding characters people like, or keeping the character selection consistent with the latest game releases. Something people care about, or something no one cares about?

It's like when people bring up sales. Like, do I really want to play as x because their game made y amount of millions of bucks.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
We have to remember that the Soul Calibur art/sound designer is working on this game. It's entirely possible that every one will get some sort of Namco Bandai redesign with classic versions as alternate costumes. Any way I do think that Zelda/Sheik will stay as part of the same character but hopefully Zelda will actually be good this time so that people main Z/S and not just Sheik.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's part of the problem I think. I want to say that they were balanced where that they were meant to complement each other but Zelda has been so bad that Sheik was always preferred. Not only that, but their playstyles are so polarizing that it's probably a rarity to see people play both anyway.

I think they should be separated based on this.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I don't think using Z/S competitively will ever happen until the transformation process becomes much faster. If it was instantaneous I could see clever strats being developed around that.

It could like instantly *poof* from one to the other and you could purposely take hits with one and stuff like that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If it were up to me, I'd make Sheik and Zelda's transform like down on the control pad, and give them a new down B that doesn't do much outside of specific situations.

Edit: Groose isn't going to be anything more than a random background character, a trophy, or a sticker. He is the "joke character" of Smash 4 speculation.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
this is like Brawl all over again... I remember when Zelda was revealed to have her Twilight Princess costume, everyone speculated that Sheik wouldn't appear and all that. they could design a new Skyward Sword-styled Sheik and add it to Zelda. that is assuming they will use the Skyward Sword designs for Link and Zelda, because, besides Sheik, there's Ganondorf to consider.

they did redesign characters like Pit for their appearence in Brawl, I can't see why wouldn't they do it for Sheik. Sheik has appeared in every SSB since her inclusion as part of Zelda in Melee, and she isn't going anywhere, unless all characters get a massive overhaul. I could be wrong though...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not sure what people have against Zelda / Sheik combo.

Changing into "another" character is part of her moveset. That's her gimmick, why would we remove that from her?

I know Pokemon Trainer has the same gimmick, but his isn't as simple as swapping between two characters, as he also is FORCED to switch between them.
To show there's more to Zelda than transforming into the better Sheik.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I thought it was odd that they retained shiek in brawl instead of replacing her with a newer zelda character. Of course at the time it was being made the most recent major zelda was Windwaker, and they incorporated Toon Link into Brawl. But by the time SSB4 will be considering zelda characters, Ocarina of Time will still be the #1 zelda of all time, but Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword will be more relevant. I dunno it just seems wrong to only focus on characters from Ocarina of Time, and Impa would make a great new Shiek. Because really Shieks most major role was in OOT but Impa has been a reccuring character on more accounts. And the only badass female rivaling shiek...( ya know when she isn't portrayed in her older fragile form)

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Sheik's.

Weak Attacks

1-2-Multi-Hit: Slicing Blade, Cutting Blade, Piercing Blade

Strong Attacks

Upward: Bow Form
Forward: Wheel Kick
Downward: Crouching Sweep

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Razor Wing
Forward: Double Snake
Downward: Windmill

Dash Attack: Gale Form

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Falling Leaves
Front: Hatchet
Back: Flying Swallow
Up: Vortex Form
Down: Butcher Bird

Special Attacks

Standard B: Needle Storm
Foward B: Chain
Upward B: Vanish
Downward B: Transform

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Forearm
Front: Battering Ram
Back: Backlash
Up: Standing Crane
Down: Guillotine

I guess that's it.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
I had an idea that could make it so Zelda and Sheik wouldn't have to have their own character slots, while still giving them an extra special.

Alright, call me crazy, but I think it's about time we got a fighting style for Zelda and Sheik that would truly make them "Zelda/Sheik", while still being effective as individual characters.

The key to this is to make the transformation a lot faster, I mean faster than Melee, and make it able to do a small amount of damage to whoever is around. That way, one using this fighting style could learn to utilize combos from from both characters, and do such things as starting a combo as Sheik and finishing that combo as Zelda or vice versa. Or if Zelda has a better recovery move, you could quickly switch to Zelda and use it.

Of course we'd then have to think, would transform still be a down special? Or could we move it to a different button, such as a taunt button? Moving it to a different button would certainly make it easier for people playing as each character individually by not accidentally hitting the transform combination.

You could add another special to Sheik such as changing her down special to a Deku Nut that stuns once it hits the ground. This of course was taken from the way she uses a Deku Nut to stun Link while she disappears in Ocarina of Time, which is also what her Teleport move was inspired by.

Now these are all just suggestions, open to comments and criticism or other ideas. I just want to make it so my main (Sheik) can have an even more unique fighting style that utilizes her transformation to Zelda.

D

Deleted member

I can't imagine how Sheik would look if she appeared in Skyward Sword. But I'm looking for to play as her again in 4th Smash Bros.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
sheik and zelda are the same person
impa and zelda are not

And do you think sheik will get a skyward sword look?
and if so how would it look like

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sheik? Just give me Impa please.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The key to this is to make the transformation a lot faster, I mean faster than Melee, and make it able to do a small amount of damage to whoever is around. That way, one using this fighting style could learn to utilize combos from from both characters, and do such things as starting a combo as Sheik and finishing that combo as Zelda or vice versa. Or if Zelda has a better recovery move, you could quickly switch to Zelda and use it.
So Smash became Tekken Tag Tournament all the sudden..?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
But I don't. They're seperate charcters that share the same Down B. One pannel on a screen makes no difference to how many characters there actually are.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The why not just cut Sheik, add Impa into her own slot, and fix up Zelda?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Becuase, like Echi said, that's her gimmik. It took Zelda the same amount of time to transform into Sheik in Smash as it did in OoT, actually.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm personally on the side of Making Zelda and Sheik (and yes, Impa) entirely separated characters. I have very little faith in the Zelda/Sheik combo ever seeming like a balanced duo... balancing them as individuals would be so much easier, and it would let Sheik independently represent OoT and let Zelda represent whatever Zelda is most recent.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Becuase, like Echi said, that's her gimmik. It took Zelda the same amount of time to transform into Sheik in Smash as it did in OoT, actually.
Then what's Sheik's gimmick then?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Then what's Sheik's gimmick then?
Making Zelda a functional character. :p

Which is a complete pity, because Zelda is a wielder of the all-powerful Triforce. She shouldn't need to rely on throwing away her divine magic to slap around enemies. Just make them separate so they can represent themselves fully. It'd be fantastic... so few people even use the switching mechanic mid-fight anyway, and having them instantly switch instead would look/feel kind of weird.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Because Zelda is a wielder of the all-powerful Triforce. She shouldn't need to rely on throwing away her divine magic to slap around enemies. Just make them separate so they can represent themselves fully. It'd be fantastic... so few people even use the switching mechanic mid-fight anyway, and having them instantly switch instead would look/feel kind of weird.
This is what I mean. Seperate Sheik, maybe even cut her/him, and make Zelda a seperate character. She's been in way more games than Sheik, anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't completely cut Sheik. Revamp her moveset, make her separate, and create:

IMPA!!![/collapse]

It's just a mere suggestion though. :reverse:

Top Bottom