• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hypothetical Universal Pictures (Platform) Fighter Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With the talks of Smash clones becoming more popular such as Disney as a result of Nickelodeon: All-Stars Brawl and Multiversus. Thought this would be another that'd be interesting if such a game came to be. I can credit SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 for the idea to begin with as originally the idea I originally shared was of a DreamWorks Animation Smash clone idea whom Universal Pictures apparently owns.

As the title explains. Talk, discuss and share ideas of how a Universal Pictures Smash clone/Platform fighting game would be like notably roster.

Franchises Universal Pictures notably owns

Back to the Future
Blumhouse Productions (Happy Death Day, Insidious, Paranormal Activity, The Purge, etc.)
DreamWorks Animation (How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek, etc.)
Fast and the Furious
Illumination (Despicable Me, Sing, The Secret Life of Pets)
Jaws
Jurassic Park/Jurassic World
The Addams Family
The Land Before Time
The Mummy (1999-2008)/The Scorpion King
Unbreakable/Split/Glass
Universal Monsters
Waterworld

And many more I can't think of right now.

Anyways discuss.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
With the talks of Smash clones becoming more popular such as Disney as a result of Nickelodeon: All-Stars Brawl and Multiversus. Thought this would be another that'd be interesting if such a game came to be. I can credit SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 for the idea to begin with as originally the idea I originally shared was of a DreamWorks Animation Smash clone idea whom Universal Pictures apparently owns.

As the title explains. Talk, discuss and share ideas of how a Universal Pictures Smash clone/Platform fighting game would be like notably roster.

Franchises Universal Pictures notably owns

Back to the Future
Blumhouse Productions (Happy Death Day, Insidious, Paranormal Activity, The Purge, etc.)
DreamWorks Animation (How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek, etc.)
Fast and the Furious
Illumination (Despicable Me, Sing, The Secret Life of Pets)
Jaws
Jurassic Park/Jurassic World
The Addams Family
The Last Before Time
The Mummy (1999-2008)/The Scorpion King
Unbreakable/Split/Glass
Universal Monsters
Waterworld

And many more I can't think of right now.

Anyways discuss.
Some other franchoses I know Universal owns for a project like this. Woody Woodpecker, Casper the Friendly Ghost/Harveytoons/Noveltoons, Felix the Cat, Voltron, Knight Rider, and Rocky & Bullwinkle.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I have always been curious about this concept but I am considering making this idea into my third creation thread. I can imagine the main quirk/gimmick about a Universal Picture platform fighter being something to do with the Earth being a universal wave shine or something like that. A fun idea to think about for sure.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If a Universal platfighter ends up being a thing, my three biggest wants would be Jaws, Wolf (Bad Guys), and Scott Pilgrim. I'm a little burnt out on platform fighters right now, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still legit curious how Bruce the shark would work. xD

Would he just be swimming in the air whipping his tail and biting at people?

If not Bruce. Martin Brody and Quint are also always options for Jaws reps.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Still legit curious how Bruce the shark would work. xD

Would he just be flying in the air whipping his tail and biting at people?

If not Bruce. Martin Brody and Quint are also always options for Jaws reps.
oh for some reason I thought Jaws was his actual name lol. In any case, I think he should have an aquarium not much bigger than himself, and his animations involve him moving around by pushing against the glass. Not sure how Bruce jumping would work though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
oh for some reason I thought Jaws was his actual name lol. In any case, I think he should have an aquarium not much bigger than himself, and his animations involve him moving around by pushing against the glass. Not sure how Bruce jumping would work though.
So basically the Bowser Jr. approach eh?

I'm down for that. Though I still think it'd be more fun for the sake of being hilarious of Bruce just swimming in the air. Can't get the mental image out of my mind now. xD

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So basically the Bowser Jr. approach eh?

I'm down for that. Though I still think it'd be more fun for the sake of being hilarious of Bruce just swimming in the air. Can't get the mental image out of my mind now. xD
I like the idea of him being surrounded by a bubble of water that follows him around and bounces when he jumps.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's a rough draft on what reps each of these franchises could get.

Back to the Future:
Doc Brown
Marty McFly

Blumhouse Productions:
Tree Gelbman (Happy Death Day)

DreamWorks Animation:
Astrid and Stormfly
Alex
B.O.B.
Bunnymund
Donkey
Draco Bludfist