• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hypothetical Netflix Platform Fighter Discussion

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Netflix has tons of original shows and movies, both animated and live action, which makes them the perfect candidate for a platform fighter.

Here you can discuss about how likely this is and create rosters based on their shows and movies.

Unknown.jpeg

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Honestly, seeing as Netflix is getting into the video game industry, this could happen and it wouldn’t surprise me.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
did not expect a half-asleep profile post to turn into this not that im complaining this is epic

Okay, I honestly think this would be not only really cool but could also lead into a lot of interesting concepts... albeit with a lot of caveats, depending on how you choose to define a "Netflix exclusive" as well as the fate of notable works in Netflix's history (such as The Office).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
What notable IPs does Netflix even have beyond Stranger Things and Normal Words But A Horse Guy?
I guess it depends on whether you're thinking of "netflix originals" or "netflix exclusives." For example, if we go with the latter, the Boss Baby is technically elegible on the grounds of his series, Back in Business - despite the original film being released on other platforms. It's also possible to consider IPs not by Netflix themselves, but with original content by them - The Umbrella Academy, Aggretsuko, the Cuphead Show and The Witcher spring to mind on that front. Then again, that might open the door to wonderfully popular picks such as the beloved Deathnote character "Light Turner."

If we stick with originals, the selection is reduced pretty drastically. However, according to Wikipedia at least, there's a couple of notable potential picks that spring to mind for myself at least - Big Mouth, terrible as it is, seems like a plausible choice, and I personally would love to see Inside Job get some representation here.

Problem is, I don't know for 100% on a lot of potential picks. I mean, the idea of characters like Yasuke (even if only for the music, Flying Lotus is pretty epic), Pee-Wee Herman because I just think that'd be hilarious, someone from Squid Game because "funny popular thing", the monster from Bird Box because it'd be really funny to completely undermine the movie by directly featuring the monster, He-Man (or, more likely, She-Ra), and hell, maybe even Sharkboy and Lavagirl (if We Can Be Heroes allows them to appear.)

or we could go wild and include documentary content. joe exotic fighting eleven and light turner would be pretty funny

D

Deleted member

If you do adaptions then Geralt and Jynx / Vi are big gets. Hell, throw in Natasha Lyonne from Russan Doll with some reality bending stuff. Umbrella Academy is your fire Emblem since you need all the mains. The li kid and the big dude from Sweet Tooth could have a fun protection gimmick. Bean from disenchanted is a fun animated pick

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Multiversus. That’s all I’m going to say. Interested in how they’re going to handle Eleven, but yeah this is probably not happening. Would be cool though.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Then again, that might open the door to wonderfully popular picks such as the beloved Deathnote character "Light Turner."
This would be so funny, the live action death note movie is one of my favorite bad movies ever and unlike something like the live action cowboy bebop or fullmetal alchemist is actually so fun to watch.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
If you do adaptions then Geralt and Jynx / Vi are big gets. Hell, throw in Natasha Lyonne from Russan Doll with some reality bending stuff. Umbrella Academy is your fire Emblem since you need all the mains. The li kid and the big dude from Sweet Tooth could have a fun protection gimmick. Bean from disenchanted is a fun animated pick
I reckon if they were to limit it to one character a series, the most likely Umbrella Academy pick is probably Five on the pure basis of his personality and in-series feats. The idea of an incredibly mobile character able to teleport around and strike quickly would be pretty appealing, and him fighting with a combination of the fire axe he uses to massacre the leaders of the Temps Commission as well as with the sniper rifle he uses to kill Kennedy would be fun. Hell, a time-travel mechanic similar to Shulk's Vision could be fun. Weirdly, Five feels very similar conceptually to how someone like Tracer would fight in a game like this. Loads of potential there!

Top Bottom