• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hypothetical Disney (platform) fighter discussion

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This is just a sort of fun thread, not a creation thread, devoted to imagining a Disney take on a fighter - the Disney corporation is so all-encompasing that everyone has their own idea of how to represent it in a roster - be it focusing on Pixar and the animated canon, focusing on acquired IPs, just using a single IP, focusing on Disney Channel cartoons for some strange reason, so on - and I felt it'd be fun to discuss and debate focuses; gameplay; roster; extra content; and such.

Here's my personal roster that I've been working on for a few months now, I'm really happy with it for its decent balance between Disney & Pixar; oddball picks; and lack of acquired or TV IPs (not including Pixar - and I guess Powerline, being from a movie adaptation of a TV show)

I also did this take on a Simpsons-specific roster a while back - don't mind the horrible editing.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well my roster would be a lost less restrained

mickey
donald
goofy
beast
belle
gaston
mulan
mushu
aladdin
genie
jafar
peter pan
hook
malefcient
fairy godmother
taran
horned king
ursula
ariel
simba
wreck it ralph
fix it felix jr
king candy
moana
maui
tiana
dr facilier
rapunzel
eugene
anna
elsa
mirabel
bruno
cruella
hiro
baymax
fred
baloo
baghera
basil
herc
hades
pocahontas
kuzco
yzma
cheshire cat
mad hatter
merlin
tarzan
quasimodo
stitch
jim hawkings
woody buzz
merida
king fergus
mike
sully
luca
alberto
ian
barley
miguel
hector
wall-e
eve
carl
kevin
remy
mr incredible
elastigirl
darkwing duck
luanchpad
dipper
mabel
grunkle stan

for a start

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I made one of these a while ago, but I’m not sure if I still agree with everything I put so I guess I’ll make one now:
1. Mickey Mouse
2. Donald Duck
3. Goofy
4. Minnie Mouse
5. Oswald
6. the seven dwarfs but I don’t know how to handle them in a game like this
6. Maleficent
7. Baloo
8. Ariel
9. Aladdin
10. Belle & Beast
11. Simba
12. Mulan
13. Wreck It Ralph
14. Elsa
15. Jack Sparrow
16. Dr. Doofenshmirtz
17. Dipper & Mabel
18. Woody
19. Buzz Lightyear
20. Mater
21. Elastigirl
22. Bing Bong
23. Homer Simpson
24. Spider-Man
25. Magneto
26. Darth Vader

Might be a bit of a basic one and I think I might have missed a few obvious characters but I think it’s good. I was heavily considering adding Sora because I think including an actual videogame character in this would be good, and because I think promoting Kingdom Hearts to disney fans who might just be getting into videogames would be cool, but I passed him over for Ralph because he’s already a videogame character and fits more. Sora would absolutely be DLC tho. Another character that would basically be guaranteed for DLC in this would be Mary Poppins.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Mickey Mouse
  2. Donald Duck
  3. Goofy
  4. Snow White
  5. Maleficent
  6. Baloo
  7. Peter Pan
  8. Captain Hook
  9. Horned King
  10. Aladdin
  11. Jafar
  12. Beast
  13. Simba
  14. Ursula
  15. Mulan
  16. Hercules
  17. Jack Skellington
  18. Stitch
  19. Dr. Facilier
  20. Rapunzel
  21. Elsa
  22. Wreck It Raplh
  23. Baymax
  24. Moana
  25. Raya
  26. Buzz Lightyear
  27. Woody
  28. Sully & Mike
  29. Mr. Incredible
  30. Elastigirl
  31. Wall-E
  32. Meridia
  33. Mei Lee
  34. Jack Sparrow
  35. Tron
  36. Mary Poppins

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If you haven't seen my post for the OP roster on the here's the keys thread, I had a little section there rationalising some off the more off-the-wall picks and exclusions.
  1. Joe mama over Jerry was something I was a little cautious about, but I went with Joe because he could have an instrument-based moveset with a tiny bit of dancing, compared to the Jerries whose omnipotent shapeshifting would honestly just be a toned down version of the Pink Elephants if anything - speaking of which...
  2. The Pink Elephants were chosen over fellow shapeshifter Genie because I wanted another character from Disney's lifetime. While they aren't really characters at all, they come from a super memorable sequence of animation and thus I think that's a valid reason to include them in an animation-themed game
  3. My logic with Mufasa over Simba is that Simba has a whole arc to become a hero, while Mufasa starts as a badass and remains as such for the rest of the film even after death - therefore he's probably the one most would want to play as.
  4. Horned King was a character who I at first treated as a low priority "would be cool", but as the roster progressed I felt another villain should be a higher priority since Ursula is the only traditional Disney villain here while the Debris Dragon is non-sapient and the Pink Elephants are moreso a vague menacing figure, I think his sharp claws can lend well to a fun villain moveset.
  5. The Debris Dragon was all on shape - I wanted quadrupeds, and felt a winged quadruped would be especially cool. While I admit dragon Maleficent would be more iconic and popular, I think Debris Dragon is more mobile, and also serves as a Pixar villain
  6. I felt Jackalope was a perfect fit for the Jigglypuff/Nigel sort of character, plus I love the short. I felt Pixar Shorts rep is absolutely essential here if only because of bias towards them and I was on-and-off about adding One Man Band as a third rep. I think he's a fun, unexpected but recognisable pick in the sense of being very well known but not necessarily a commonly merchandised character.
  7. Regardless of whether you like Cars or not, the idea of a "fighting car" has come up a lot in Smash discussion and I think that'd be fun to explore - Cars being a big IP helps too. Mater was chosen for his tow hook which could let him grab, I also think his country aesthetic works well for a fighter since he could kick dirt and such.
  8. Anger over Joy or Bing Bong: He shoots fire out his head, don't need to explain much more.
  9. I really like Rafiki and I think he'd be fun both as a monkey and a staff-user - plus I felt a second Lion King rep should be a non-quadruped, and the only other option would be a Pumbaa-less Timon.
  10. I love A Goofy Movie, and Powerline is one of the most memorable parts of it. I felt he'd fit the flashy Captain Falcon type fighter well, and serves as a good cult classic for people to go "Hey, I know him!" as opposed to outright obscure confusion
  11. Kevin is, like most picks here, about the body shape. The long legs and neck were a major factor though. I would've gone for Carl if Kevin wasn't such a long girl
  12. No Encanto: I haven't seen Encanto, and don't really know much about it beyond the songs and iconography. I know there's a strong girl; magic flower girl; and dirty rat man we don't talk about so they'd all be high priorities for moveset though - the main protag (who is the only one without powers, right?) wouldn't even be considered.
  13. Elastigirl: There's a lot of buff, strong men on this roster already, so Mr. Incredible would be a bit samey.
  14. Cheshire Cat: I really like this guy, he's a quadruped, and I think his trickster teleporting/disappearing/limb-removal could have some very fun uses in combat.
  15. Luxo Jr.: Even if few know his name, he's just as much of an icon as Mickey, and his lack of arms or feet, hopping, ball, and somewhat stiff movement could lend well to a fun moveset. I'm also a sucker for history reps, so a character from what is basically a short tech demo is right up my alley.
  16. No acquisitions: That'd make the game more about Disney the company than Disney the brand. I'd perhaps be a little more willing to have Kermit but that's likely bias.
  17. No TVA: TVA has its fandom, but it's not really a pillar of the Disney brand like these characters are.
I did not expect to be covering almost half of the roster in this additional part, heh

D

Deleted member

For fun: DLC seasons

Marvel

1. Iron Man
2. Captain America
3. Spider-Man
4. Hulk
5. Captain Marvel

Star Wars
1. Luke
2. Vader
3. Obi Wan
4. Kylo Ren
5. Mando

FOX:
1. Homer
2. Bart
3. Scrat
4. Kevin Mcailster
5. Neytri

TV:
1. Phineas and Ferb
2. Kim Possible
3. Scrooge
4. Dipper and Mabel
5. Darkwing Duck

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Mickey
2. Minnie
3. Donald
4. Goofy
5. Scrooge
6. Maleficent
7. Ariel
8. Rapunzel
9. Elsa
10. The Beast
11. Jack Skellington
12. Aladdin
13. Simba
14. Peter Pan
15. Dr. Facilier
16. Stitch
17. Hades
18. Mulan
19. Woody
20. Buzz
21. Mr. Incredible
22. Ralph
23. Baymax
24. Mirabel, Isabela & Luisa
25. Maui
26. The Horned King
27. Baloo
28. Tarzan
29. Flik
30. Mater
31. Bing Bong
32. Tron
33. Jack Sparrow
34. Kermit
35. Perry The Platypus

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
  1. Mickey Mouse
  2. Donald Duck
  3. Goofy
  4. Snow White
  5. Maleficent
  6. Baloo
  7. Peter Pan
  8. Captain Hook
  9. Horned King
  10. Aladdin
  11. Jafar
  12. Beast
  13. Simba
  14. Ursula
  15. Mulan
  16. Hercules
  17. Stitch
  18. Dr. Facilier
  19. Rapunzel
  20. Elsa
  21. Wreck It Raplh
  22. Baymax
  23. Moana
  24. Raya
  25. Buzz Lightyear
  26. Woody
  27. Sully & Mike
  28. Mr. Incredible
  29. Elastigirl
  30. Wall-E
  31. Meridia
  32. Mei Lee
  33. Jack Sparrow
  34. Tron
  35. Mary Poppins
im surprised you dint include someone from once

D

Deleted member

im surprised you dint include someone from once
I like that show a lot but i didn't really consider it. Rumple could be kinda cool since he's one of the few characters with no Disney version. But I didn't include any TV characters in base.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
My concept has the characters in different "Factions" based in their abilities or personalities

Scrapper Faction
Mickey
Minnie (Echo)
Goofy
Donald
Daisy (Echo)

Magic Faction
Genie
Tinker Bell
Peter Pan
Joy

Beserk Faction
Anger
Hercules
Darth Maul
Tusken Raider
Sulley

Brainy Faction
Mike Wozaski
Palpatine

Some other stuff

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I've posted a couple before but I'm not really happy with them so here's a new version

1. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
  2. Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse)
  3. Goofy (Mickey Mouse)
  4. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales)
  5. Peter Pan (Peter Pan)
  6. Winnie the Pooh (Winnie the Pooh)
  7. Tigger (Winnie the Pooh)
  8. Dumbo (Dumbo)
  9. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
  10. Genie (Aladdin)
  11. Simba (The Lion King)
  12. Timon & Pumbaa (The Lion King)
  13. Mulan (Mulan)
  14. Beast (The Beauty and the Beast)
  15. Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
  16. Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
  17. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
  18. Rapunzel (Tangled)
  19. Elsa (Frozen)
  20. Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
  21. Maui (Moana)
  22. Woody (Toy Story)
  23. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
  24. Mike & Sully (Monsters Inc.)
  25. Elastigirl (The Incredibles)
  26. Wall-E (Wall-E)
  27. Carl & Russel (Up)
  28. Tow Mater (Cars)
  29. Anger (Inside Out)
  30. Perry the Platypus (Phineas & Ferb)
  31. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of The Carribean)
  32. Kermit the Frog (The Muppets)
  33. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
  34. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  35. Spider-Man (Marvel)
  36. Captain America (Marvel)
EDIT: changed Aladdin to Genie because I think he would be more interesting

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've posted a couple before but I'm not really happy with them so here's a new version

1. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
  2. Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse)
  3. Goofy (Mickey Mouse)
  4. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales)
  5. Peter Pan (Peter Pan)
  6. Winnie the Pooh (Winnie the Pooh)
  7. Tigger (Winnie the Pooh)
  8. Dumbo (Dumbo)
  9. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
  10. Aladdin (Aladdin)
  11. Simba (The Lion King)
  12. Timon & Pumbaa (The Lion King)
  13. Mulan (Mulan)
  14. Beast (The Beauty and the Beast)
  15. Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
  16. Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
  17. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
  18. Rapunzel (Tangled)
  19. Elsa (Frozen)
  20. Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
  21. Maui (Moana)
  22. Woody (Toy Story)
  23. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
  24. Mike & Sully (Monsters Inc.)
  25. Elastigirl (The Incredibles)
  26. Wall-E (Wall-E)
  27. Carl & Russel (Up)
  28. Tow Mater (Cars)
  29. Anger (Inside Out)
  30. Perry the Platypus (Phineas & Ferb)
  31. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of The Carribean)
  32. Kermit the Frog (The Muppets)
  33. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
  34. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  35. Spider-Man (Marvel)
  36. Captain America (Marvel)
you know that donal and goof arent from mickey mouse theyre from their own shorts?

AlRex

Smash Lord
Tried a slightly basic, but varied roster, with a few odd ones.
  1. Mickey Mouse
  2. Donald Duck
  3. Goofy
  4. Scrooge McDuck
  5. Pete
  6. Snow White
  7. Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
  8. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
  9. Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
  10. The Beast (Beauty & the Beast)
  11. The Genie (Aladdin)
  12. Mufasa (The Lion King)
  13. Hercules
  14. Mulan
  15. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
  16. Wreck-It Ralph
  17. Elsa (Frozen)
  18. Hiro & Baymax (Big Hero Six)
  19. Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
  20. Moana
  21. Bruno (Encanto)
  22. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story/Star Command)
  23. Mike & Sulley (Monsters Inc.)
  24. ElastiGirl (The Incredibles)
  25. WALL-E
  26. Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas)
  27. Goliath (Gargoyles)
  28. Phineas & Ferb
  29. Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)
  30. Mary Poppins
  31. TRON
  32. The Hatbox Ghost (The Haunted Mansion)
  33. Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean)
  34. Kermit the Frog (The Muppets)
  35. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  36. Spider-Man (Marvel)
  37. Bart Simpson (The Simpsons)
  38. The Predator
  39. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  40. Penguin (Club Penguin)

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
This is never happening lmao, but if it does, it is ABSOLUTELY sticking to TVA and Villains. Doesn’t stop me from wanting to speculate regardless.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think restrictions are too big to the point where if it does happen, TVA and Villains are the most likely since they likely have the least amount of restrictions on them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I seriously have no clue why TVA keeps coming up in Disney platfighter discussion - it's probably the most inconsequential subsector of the Disney brand, especially given that TV characters are tied to a short lifespan movie characters don't have, and regardless of if Disney corporate would be OK with their movie characters fighting (which it seems they've loosened up on a bit since the Dissidia Kingdom Hearts pitch judging by their mobile lineup) there's no denying their films aren't exactly the sugar-coated world a lot of parodies would make them out to be. (Plus aligning to corporate mandates defeats the whole point of fantastising a fake roster anyway)

Like, why would you want to fight as Anne or Luz instead of Simba or Buzz Lightyear? Even as a huge fan of obscure picks, I don't get it. Hell, why Amphibia or Owl House over something like Recess or Gargoyles?

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I seriously have no clue why TVA keeps coming up in Disney platfighter discussion - it's probably the most inconsequential subsector of the Disney brand, especially given that TV characters are tied to a short lifespan movie characters don't have, and regardless of if Disney corporate would be OK with their movie characters fighting (which it seems they've loosened up on a bit since the Dissidia Kingdom Hearts pitch judging by their mobile lineup) there's no denying their films aren't exactly the sugar-coated world a lot of parodies would make them out to be. (Plus aligning to corporate mandates defeats the whole point of fantastising a fake roster anyway)

Like, why would you want to fight as Anne or Luz instead of Simba or Buzz Lightyear? Even as a huge fan of obscure picks, I don't get it. Hell, why Amphibia or Owl House over something like Recess or Gargoyles?
I think it’s pretty simple. The Higher Ups likely don’t want characters like Buzz or Aladdin harming each other in their normal forms, while they care so little about anything besides Phineas and Ferb for the TVA that they would likely not give a crap about their inclusion at all, and this being easier to work with. Though then again Disney is the definition of Bipolar so you never know.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Why wouldn't they?
Disney have made some battle-oriented games with their IPs lately on mobile, so I think the whole "no karate chop action-ing Simba" thing is likely long dead. Some of them involve evil clones and such, but Disney Melee Mania is just directly the characters beating each other up

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

because we don’t all share the opinions and aren’t drones

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Disney have made some battle-oriented games with their IPs lately on mobile, so I think the whole "no karate chop action-ing Simba" thing is likely long dead. Some of them involve evil clones and such, but Disney Melee Mania is just directly the characters beating each other up
I still have my suspicions lol.

Baysha

Smash Ace

Cause they like the characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well my roster would be a lost less restrained

mickey
donald
goofy
beast
belle
gaston
mulan
mushu
aladdin
genie
jafar
peter pan
hook
malefcient
fairy godmother
taran
horned king
ursula
ariel
simba
wreck it ralph
fix it felix jr
king candy
moana
maui
tiana
dr facilier
rapunzel
eugene
anna
elsa
mirabel
bruno
cruella
hiro
baymax
fred
baloo
baghera
basil
herc
hades
pocahontas
kuzco
yzma
cheshire cat
mad hatter
merlin
tarzan
quasimodo
stitch
jim hawkings
woody buzz
merida
king fergus
mike
sully
luca
alberto
ian
barley
miguel
hector
wall-e
eve
carl
kevin
remy
mr incredible
elastigirl
darkwing duck
luanchpad
dipper
mabel
grunkle stan

for a start
i would like to add luz noceda and amitty blight to my roster

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Alright here is my take on Disney smash roster i had to include characters from companies that Disney boughts as well.

Mickey Mouse:
1. Mickey Mouse
2. Donald Duck
3. Goofy
4. Scrooge McDuck
5. Pete

TV:
6. Perry the Patypus (Phineas & Ferb)
7. Kim Possible
8. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
9. Kuzko (The Emperor’s New School)
10. Dipper (Gravity Falls)

Star Wars:
11. Luke Skywalker
12. Darth Vader
13. Obi Wan
14. Yoda
15. Boba Fett

Marvel:
16. Spider-man
17. Iron Man
18. Hulk
19 Deadpool
20. Thanos

Pixar:
21. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
22. Luxo Jr.
23. Lightning McQueen (Cars)
24. Mr. Incredible
25. Sully (Monster, Inc)

FOX:
26. Homer (The Simpsons)
27. Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
28. Scrat (Ice Age)
29. Neytiri (Avatar)
30. Rio

Kingdom Hearts:
31. :ultsora:
32. Xehanort
33. Riku

Club Penguin:
34. Penguin
35. Herbert
36. Sensei

Others:
37. Ralph (Wreck-it Ralph)
38. Flippy (Toontown)
39. Kermit the Frog (The Muppets)
40. Jack Saparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
41. Elsa (Frozen)
42. Snow White (Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs)
43. Simba (The Lion King)
44. Timon & Pumbaa
45. Winnie the Pooh
46. Hercules
47. Peter Pan
48. Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
49. Genie (Aladdin)
50. Oswald (Oswald the lucky rabbit)

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Alright here is my take on Disney smash roster i had to include characters from companies that Disney boughts as well.

Mickey Mouse:
1. Mickey Mouse
2. Donald Duck
3. Goofy
4. Scrooge McDuck
5. Pete

TV:
6. Perry the Patypus (Phineas & Ferb)
7. Kim Possible
8. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
9. Kuzko (The Emperor’s New School)
10. Dipper (Gravity Falls)

Star Wars:
11. Luke Skywalker
12. Darth Vader
13. Obi Wan
14. Yoda
15. Boba Fett

Marvel:
16. Spider-man
17. Iron Man
18. Hulk
19 Deadpool
20. Thanos

Pixar:
21. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
22. Luxo Jr.
23. Lightning McQueen (Cars)
24. Mr. Incredible
25. Sully (Monster, Inc)

FOX:
26. Homer (The Simpsons)
27. Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
28. Scrat (Ice Age)
29. Neytiri (Avatar)
30. Rio

Kingdom Hearts:
31. :ultsora:
32. Xehanort
33. Riku

Club Penguin:
34. Penguin
35. Herbert
36. Sensei

Others:
37. Ralph (Wreck-it Ralph)
38. Flippy (Toontown)
39. Kermit the Frog (The Muppets)
40. Jack Saparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
41. Elsa (Frozen)
42. Oswald (Oswald the lucky rabbit)
Why are there barely any Disney Animation characters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom