• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hypest Weekly Wii U Singles and Doubles (12/12 and 12/14)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Congratulations to gyov4nn for taking first place in our 3DS Singles last week!! For doubles, congrats to AnDEh92 and Faptasticamel for their win!

Enough with the announcement though, let's get to what we're hosting!
Info

Wii U Singles @ 12/12 Friday 6pm EST | Ruleset

1v1 | 3 stocks | 8 minutes
Swiss Rounds
Top Cut Double Elimination Brackets
Streaming By PapaKarcher via HypestStream

Wii U Doubles @ 12/14 Sunday 6pm EST | Ruleset

2v2 | 3 stocks | 8 minutes
Swiss Rounds
Top Cut Double Elimination Brackets

Sign-Ups

Please be sure to send us your NNID by filling out THIS FORM

By entering these events you agree to follow the /r/smashbros Tournament Code Of Conduct.

Wii U Singles | Click HERE to sign up.

Wii U Doubles | Click HERE to sign up.

You must have a partner to sign up for doubles. We are not providing partners, nor are we matching players up with them.

There will be a mandatory check-in time 1 hour before the events begin. If you do not appear for check-in or notify a TO ahead of time, you will be dropped.

We require EVERYONE to be in the IRC client linked below. Also, please check the Hypest FC Contacts to make sure your information has been inputed.

Hypest Phonebook

IRC

If you haven't heard of us yet, let us introduce you to the official /r/smashbros tournament team: Hypest!

Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - Twitch

Keep up with us using social media for more details and exciting content about events and to watch footage of all of the events we can stream!

You can all of our upcoming events on our Event Calendar. We also have rankings for each game we host on our Rankings Page so check them out!.

We want to thank everyone who keeps coming to our weekly tournaments. Every week seems to run better and smoother and more and more new people are coming to join us and we're excited to continue hosting tournaments in the future!

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
I have a question:

I thought I signed up, but my name is showing up nowhere? Is there a reason for this?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't sign up. Other question, are signups closed?

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I have a question:

I thought I signed up, but my name is showing up nowhere? Is there a reason for this?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't sign up. Other question, are signups closed?

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
That's weird, on Challenge it won't let me sign up...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
That's weird, on Challenge it won't let me sign up...
Give it another try to sign up, apparently someone accidentally clicked the button to make our public sign up button off. It should be fixed!

If you don't see your name on the bracket do not worry. We have a 64 man cap so not all names show up right away. But if you check in on time there is a big chance you'll be able to play anyways as not all players remember to check in.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
What if the winners didn't have a Reddit account?
Well I would encourage you to get one as /r/smashbros is pretty cool. If you don't have one and have a friend with and account we could gift it over too. We are technically a reddit based event and all. However we do have other events with more normal prizes coming up on the 20th actually.

xJcLx

Drummer to "Oath To Order" Band
NNID
AvengedxJcLx
Hey, I'm going to be a little late cause I get out of work at 5:00pm and it takes around an hour to take the bus back home

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey, I'm going to be a little late cause I get out of work at 5:00pm and it takes around an hour to take the bus back home
This depends on how late you will be. We rarely wait for more then 15 minutes before making a player lose their first round match. If you don't think you make it on time as much as I hate to say it you probably shouldn't enter as it hurts the experience for everyone else.

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
So, what parts of the tournament are being streamed?

Top Bottom