• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hypest Weeklies [Wii U Singles (1/9) and 3DS Singles (1/11)]

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hypest is excited to be hosting another awesome set of weekly tournaments for you guys. We've got a lot going on this week, let's get to it!

Info
Wii U Singles @ 1/9 Friday 6pm EST | Ruleset

• 1v1 | 3 stocks | 8 minutes
  • Swiss Rounds
  • Top Cut Double Elimination Brackets
  • Streaming TBA
3DS Singles @ 1/11 Sunday 6pm EST | Ruleset

• 1v1 | 3 stocks | 8 minutes
  • Swiss Rounds
  • Top Cut Double Elimination Brackets
Sign-Ups
Please be sure to send us your NNID and/or Friendcode by filling out THIS FORM

By entering these events you agree to follow the /r/smashbros Tournament Code Of Conduct.

• Wii U Singles | Click HERE to sign up.

• 3DS Singles | Click HERE to sign up.
There will be a mandatory check-in time 1 hour before the events begin. If you do not appear for check-in or notify a TO ahead of time, you will be dropped. You check in on the challonge bracket.

We require EVERYONE to be in the IRC client linked below during the tournament. Also, please check the Hypest FC Contacts to make sure your information has been inputed.

Hypest Phonebook

IRC

If you haven't heard of us yet, let us introduce you to the official /r/smashbros tournament team: Hypest!

Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - Twitch

Keep up with us using social media for more details and exciting content about events and to watch footage of all of the events we can stream!

You can all of our upcoming events on our Event Calendar. We also have rankings for each game we host on our Rankings Page so check them out!.

We want to thank everyone who keeps coming to our weekly tournaments. Every week seems to run better and smoother and more and more new people are coming to join us and we're excited to continue hosting tournaments in the future!

Other Upcoming Events
We have some other very exciting events upcoming that we want you all to know about

We're proud to bring under our banner a very unique Wii U Singles Tournament. Go and check it out!

We're teaming up with Gosu Crew to host an awesome Wii U Singles Tournament with a great prize pool. Be sure to check it out!

Smash 4 Worldwide
Hypest has teamed up with E2C and RTGN.TV to host Smash 4 Worldwide an online Smash Wii U singles tournament with a prize pool of $1000.

The tournament will be held January 18th so clear your calendars. For more details and to register for the event please click here to be taken to the registration page.

<Pride>

Smash Rookie
NNID
WildSkitty
Ah, looks like it'll start 12am here in Sweden. Would love to play if it weren't so late.

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
Looking forward to this — I have a question though, what is TPS? I can't find the FAQ where that part is explained.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Looking forward to this — I have a question though, what is TPS? I can't find the FAQ where that part is explained.
Where did you see TPS? I don't know what it means either, but I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's mentioned for 3DS but not for Wii U. Sorry man, no idea.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
@ Lanzoma Lanzoma and @ digiholic digiholic don't worry about this for now. It's something we're implementing soon. We weren't sure if it would be ready before the event or not but it probably wont be. So for now, just ignore it ;)

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
So, I realized I don't actually know the stance on Mii Fighters in this tournament. Are they allowed? Are there height/weight restrictions? Moveset restrictions?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, I realized I don't actually know the stance on Mii Fighters in this tournament. Are they allowed? Are there height/weight restrictions? Moveset restrictions?
They are completely legal with no restrictions. Online has the luxury of not needed to worry about logistics behind miis of any kind.

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
Another question about customs/miis. Do we get to know beforehand what customs our opponent selected, or is it a surprise until they use them?

vailskibum94

Smash Cadet
My challonge name is Herobrine26. I didn't show up in the phonebook, so I'm confused...

Also, this is my first time so I don't really know this whole process.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Is there wii u singles this week?
Sadly no. with smash 4 World Wide that Sunday and it having a $1000 dollar prize we're gonna let folks focus there.

We do have a European bracket on friday for Wii U, but since you're from New Jersey that kinda cuts you out

Manfri

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlisGelida
3DS FC
2294-7079-1671
Hi, I'm pretty new here and I'd like to participate to my first SSB4 on-line tournament on Wii U [of course talking about next torunament]... someone could explain me what "Streaming TBA" means?

Does it mean that if I participate to this tournament I'll have to stream my gameplay with my elgato? I hope no, thinking about the hellish lagg that would be @_@

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hi, I'm pretty new here and I'd like to participate to my first SSB4 on-line tournament on Wii U [of course talking about next torunament]... someone could explain me what "Streaming TBA" means?

Does it mean that if I participate to this tournament I'll have to stream my gameplay with my elgato? I hope no, thinking about the hellish lagg that would be @_@
Well this is from our tournaments last week, but we personally stream some of the matches sometimes.The lag isn't as bad as you would expect.

Manfri

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlisGelida
3DS FC
2294-7079-1671
Well this is from our tournaments last week, but we personally stream some of the matches sometimes.The lag isn't as bad as you would expect.
Oh, about the lag, nice to know (I have a 30 Mbit/s connection in download, and about 3 Mbit/s in upload). However, I can always learn to stream for my first time or simply record the match and after its end, upload it. Untill this game has a p2p connection system, I'll surely put this priority: Quality of the match > Streaming quality.

But my main question is: is the live streaming obligatory as a proof of the fair play / winner confirm? If not, what is needed to confirm a win/lose of every tournament match?

Sorry for all these questions, but I'm really new bie atm and I really would join the On-Line torunament world [starting by your next Weekly]. Thanks for your attenction!

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Oh, about the lag, nice to know (I have a 30 Mbit/s connection in download, and about 3 Mbit/s in upload). However, I can always learn to stream for my first time or simply record the match and after its end, upload it. Untill this game has a p2p connection system, I'll surely put this priority: Quality of the match > Streaming quality.

But my main question is: is the live streaming obligatory as a proof of the fair play / winner confirm? If not, what is needed to confirm a win/lose of every tournament match?

Sorry for all these questions, but I'm really new bie atm and I really would join the On-Line torunament world [starting by your next Weekly]. Thanks for your attenction!
No, we allow players to just report their matches. We encourage players to have replays in case there is a dispute but a pure honor code has not led to any problems of any kind thus far.

Manfri

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlisGelida
3DS FC
2294-7079-1671
No, we allow players to just report their matches. We encourage players to have replays in case there is a dispute but a pure honor code has not led to any problems of any kind thus far.
I'm very glad to read this. Thanks for all the infos!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
When they stream a match, basically, instead of connecting to your opponent, both of you connect to the streamer's game, and he self-destructs at the start of the fight to spectate. No streaming equipment or accounts necessary.

Manfri

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlisGelida
3DS FC
2294-7079-1671
When they stream a match, basically, instead of connecting to your opponent, both of you connect to the streamer's game, and he self-destructs at the start of the fight to spectate. No streaming equipment or accounts necessary.
This is a nice solution, thanks again for the info.

Top Bottom