• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HYPERphoenix 2 - Super Tourney Deluxe +++++ - December 28th, 2013 - Vienna, VA

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Results Thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/344955/

Last year we had a decent round! Let's go again! I am way too lazy to make new art assets.

Vienna Community Center
120 Cherry St. SE
Vienna, VA 22180

Multi-Purpose Room (1,890 Sq. Feet)

There's plenty of on-site parking. We have a huge amount of chairs and tables available, which do need to be moved, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

10:00 AM - Setup and registration begins
12:00 PM - Doubles Registration Closes
2:00 PM - Singles Registration Closes
4:00 PM - Food Break
5:00 PM - Tournament Resumes
8:00 PM - Closing

Venue Fee - $10
Singles Entry Fee - $10
Doubles Entry Fee - $10 per team

Doubles will be held first while pools are figured out.

The single greatest thing you can do to help out this tournament is to bring setups. The more setups, the better this tournament will be.

The tournament ruleset can be found here.

DJ Nintendo (Hendrick Pilar) is banned from this event.
Taj Sullivan is banned from this event.

I know that people from SoVA and out-of-state players might have to drive a long time to make it to this - I'm offering free housing at my place to those making a long trip. Perhaps some others could provide a place to stay if enough travelers come by, easing the load on my basement.

You need to talk to me beforehand about housing. If you end up staying at my place, I expect you to bring a sleeping bag or something - I have a limited amount of couches, covers, and pillows.

An afterfest should be happening at my house, but I do have limited space. As long as it's discussed before we leave the venue things should be fine.

Anyone bringing usable equipment will be eligible for a refund of their venue fee. This refund isn't guaranteed, but it is likely. We need to be able to cover the venue cost before paying people back. Refunds will also be prioritized by what you bring - someone bringing 8 TVs will get his venue fee back before the guy who brought a GC power cable.

Again, I need to stress how absolutely critical it is for people to bring TVs and GCs! We have a huge amount of tables and chairs at our disposal, it would be a terrible shame if this tournament can't live up to its expectations.

That's all for now. I hope all you MDVA residents are interested in coming!

ヽ(; ̄д ̄)ノ

Last edited:

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
Yes!

(Also, why is DJ banned? No flaming, just curious. PM me if you don't want this to blow up)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Will PM 3.0 be here as well? :D
Only if someone brings it, but I'm not running a tournament for it. It'd be fine to bring as long as it doesn't interfere with the Melee tournament.
YO HYPE last time we had 60 + :D
we can do it again bby
I can bring a full setup. C:
Excellent, I'll start making a list like I did last year once I figure out some decent formatting.

SomasuNaitto

Smash Rookie
Been years since I've been to a tournament and haven't played much. Looking to get back into it and meet new people to chill and smash with.

Definitely going to try and hit this up. If, at least, to join in on some friendlies.

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
itching to play again; if I can confirm attendance then I can bring like 3 TVs. maybe if I practice a bit beforehand I won't feel so old while playing

MKev

Smash Apprentice
Looks awesome. I hope some people will bring Project M, even if there's no tournament goin' on I really wanna play against other people and get better :D

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly interested in running a PM bracket if there's enough popularity and Sypher lets me.

And if there's space. Matter and mass is a problem

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to team with me (Puff/Fox), please send a PM.

edit: found a teammate.

RayB118

Smash Rookie
I missed this event, but would like to hear about upcoming events. Looked like a great time.

Top Bottom