• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyper Viper Beam||Midwest Circuit Event||Results!!

lain

Smash Master
Hype as ****!

The bracket keeps looking tiny. Is there a way to not make it do that?

43 Entrants
Singles:
1: Anther ($210.00)
2: SamuraiPanda ($60.00)
3: Joshu ($30.00)
4: Blood Hawk
5: Needle of Juntah
5: Hot Arms
7: lain
7: Ding Dong
9: Azure
9: Overswarm
9: The Mann
9: AlphaZealot
13: rofa
13: JustKindaBoredUKno
13: Jacob K.
13: Dr. X
17: DragoonBlack
17: jv3x3
17: MadHatter
17: JCav
17: Kel
17: Viper JLT4GOV
17: Mr. E
17: Pyro
25: Bucket
25: onewingedangel
25: AllLuck
25: Youko
25: Amy
25: Prime
25: Cha0s Finale

12 Entrants
Doubles:
1: Butter Brigade Rainbow Fun Troupe (Overswarm & Joshu) $144
2: Craaaazzzyyy Return (Anther & lain) $72
3: Team we're really black (the mann & Viper JLT4GOV) $24
4: Chinks (Hot Arms & dingdong)
5: Team MLG (AlphaZealot & jv3x3)
5: Simply Lotion (OmegaXF & Chaos)
7: BloodPanda (SamuraiPanda & Blood Hawk)
7: Team doesn't ****ing wake up (Needle of Juntah & rofa)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
1: Anther (Pikachu)
2: SamuraiPanda (Snake)
3: Joshu (DeDeDe)
4: Blood Hawk (Lucario)
5: Needle of Juntah (G&W)
5: Hot Arms (Snake)
7: lain (ICs, DeDeDe)
7: Ding Dong (Metaknight)

Hm... I remember beating Team Little Kids, and some other team that had a Marth/Meta that I don't remember the name of. We lost to Joshu/OS and Joel/Rofa. I remember Joel/Rofa lost to Mann/Viper, later. I also remember Mann/Viper beating Team Chinks. And AZ/JV beat Joel/Rofa in winners.

Thats all I can recall of doubles right now.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Overswarm, look how broken MK is.

Wait, only one in the top 8, and it was mearly at 7th?

AlphaZealot, what happened? :(

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lost to Azure 2-0, OS will put the match up at some point.
Then lost to Josu 2-0.

Finished 2-1 versus MK's, beating Ding Dong/Rofa in pools.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, I guess Lain really did name me and The Mann Team we're really black. XD

lain

Smash Master
lol you know it. I'm the best TO ever.

anyways, thanks panda. i'm recreating the bracket right now. NEED MORE HELP STILL FROM ANYONE.

just tell me ANYONE you bought, or anyone you remember, or your placement.

:colorful:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
btw

When is Midwest going to travel to something? DSF and Ajax flew all the way from California to the East Coast. I've been to Texas, Florida, and Ohio. Mew2King has been to Texas and Florida. Come play us. :)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
btw

When is Midwest going to travel to something? DSF and Ajax flew all the way from California to the East Coast. I've been to Texas, Florida, and Ohio. Mew2King has been to Texas and Florida. Come play us. :)
You first :D

Come on up for our championships and test your mettle against Anther and company the best in the midwest.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I went all the way to Illinois. Thats pretty awesome.

But the midwest is either too poor to travel by plane, or too far to travel by car. Unless some awesome TO wants to pay for our plane tickets with part of the venue fee... And by our, I mean Anther's.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I went all the way to Illinois. Thats pretty awesome.

But the midwest is either too poor to travel by plane, or too far to travel by car. Unless some awesome TO wants to pay for our plane tickets with part of the venue fee... And by our, I mean Anther's.
Assuming MK is banned and I'm around to organize the next circuit (since Kel will be gone in Japan), I'd be willing to consider taking a % out of first place specifically to pay for a plane ticket to play in a coast tournament for a top placer like Anther. I know I wouldn't mind flying to the EC to play smash with that guy.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
=0 i agree with overswarm

i guess its anthers call though, since that % will be taken out of his first place prize anyway lolol

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I did play poorly (or rather poorer than normal), but that isn't to take anything away from Azure who simply outplayed me. He did better under pressure than I did and it is something I really need to work on. If you watch the videos though it is obvious I make abnormal mistakes, like first match I SD'd by Side Bing to death (instead of charging my peanut gun backwards), and second match I missed air dodging, so I died from a D-Smash way earlier than I should have. Regardless, Azure didn't make these types of mistakes, and for that he was the superior, better player in our matches.

I did beat Anther in a MM later that night. Twice. Only sets he lost all weekend.

Shoutouts:

Docter X: Thanks for the ride! HUGE help, really appreciate it. Nice Pit to mangz! Wish we didn't have to play in tournament.

Kel: HEY! LISTEN!

Rofa: Nice meeting you, let me know when you finish that documentary. Also, wish we could have won some more of those teams matches! Oh well...it was like 5 in the morning.

JV: Good teaming with you, we really squandered that match. Or rather I did. Shrug. I think Diddy/Zelda is actually a really good team, nana slipping + dins fire = ****.

Spanda: Thanks for housing! That was really nice of you too for letting us use your roommates room. Thanks a bazillion! Great Snake and good **** taking second.

Anther: Your Pikachu is tooo good, though I am king of FD. Hehehe, next time, next time.

Lain: nice IC/D3, D3 vs Diddy has gotta be the gayest thing ever, freaking 600% damage given and I still lose...Good ****. Also, funny seeing your sing Alanis M in Rock Band II, plus our conversations outside.

Joshu: D3. Enough said. I need to get better at this match up.

Bloodhawk: Nice playing your, your Lucario is awesome mangz! Keep it up.

NoJ: Only got to play you in teams but that GW was sick. Wish you coulda stopped by Saturday night!

Everyone I played in pools: good ****!

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
I've traveled to Ann Arbor ;D. I wish my parents supported my smashing enough to take me anywhere further. -_-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Psh. 2-1... more like high % ending on PS1 and then you pick FD twice. =P

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
The only real way this MK thing will be settled is a fight to the death, OS vs AZ. Proceeds go towards sending Anther to WC or EC, whereever.

Anyway, where are the videos?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, I thought MK should win everything. Oh wait...

Only one MK got top 8 and he was at the bottom of it.

Top Bottom