• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Hybrid 64 [Current Version: 3.2 + Slippi-compatible build!]

Cjag

Smash Cadet
When I use the xdelta patch, it stops like 3/4 of the way through and doesn't make a working iso. When unzipping the root file, 7zip has a problem with MvOmake15.mth, which is the special movie. So it can't extract all the way. I assume that's what xdelta is having problems with as well. Something about the end of the file not being when it should, according to 7zip.
Hmm... The root files are building the .iso correctly on my side, and the xdelta patch works, too. What tools are you using to build the iso? For the root files you have to use DAT Texture Wizard since GCRebuilder tends to have problems with building Hybrid 64. As for the xdelta, make sure you're using the latest xdeltaUI.exe version and not the command prompt.

For reference, this is the window for xdeltaUI. I heard there's an older version roaming around somewhere with two textboxes instead of three, but this is the one I use and it hasn't given me any problems.

1584222807876.png

If you're still having issues, let me know!

Last edited:

All Things Gaming 6

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... The root files are building the .iso correctly on my side, and the xdelta patch works, too. What tools are you using to build the iso? For the root files you have to use DAT Texture Wizard since GCRebuilder tends to have problems with building Hybrid 64. As for the xdelta, make sure you're using the latest xdeltaUI.exe version and not the command prompt.

For reference, this is the window for xdeltaUI. I heard there's an older version roaming around somewhere with two textboxes instead of three, but this is the one I use and it hasn't given me any problems.

View attachment 265756

If you're still having issues, let me know!
For the root files, I can't even get them out of the .zip file, 7zip can't open it because there's something wrong with the special movie. I tried xdelta, it showed an error. It did still make an iso but it was a couple gigabytes smaller then it should have been and it crashed when I tried to play it in Dolphin.

xdelta error:
xdelta.PNG

EDIT: I checked my NTSC 1.02 iso, and Dolphin says it's a verified good dump.
isocheck.PNG

EDIT 2: annnnnd now xdelta decided to work. Huh.
it worked.PNG

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Ah, the XD3 error. It's possible the iso you're using as the source has an incompatible MD5 checksum than the one I used to create the xdelta file. The one I used has this following checksum: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174. You can verify your iso by entering Dolphin, selecting your Melee iso, and clicking on the "Verify" tab. I'm not sure if this option is available on 5.0 base, tho.

If you can't verify your MD5 for some reason, here are some other checksums that you can check your iso with 7-Zip:
1584227755401.png

Also, I have checked the root files from the download link just in case something happened during the upload process and extracted it with 7-Zip... It worked without any issues. Try re-downloading the root files. Perhaps something happened during the download procedure which caused that to happen. I vaguely remember that back then a download would "complete" but when you tried to open something it would be corrupted or incomplete. Not sure if that's what happened, though.

EDIT: Ah! Nice! Good to know you were able to fix your issue! I guess xdelta can be weird sometimes.

Last edited:

All Things Gaming 6

Smash Apprentice
Ah, the XD3 error. It's possible the iso you're using as the source has an incompatible MD5 checksum than the one I used to create the xdelta file. The one I used has this following checksum: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174. You can verify your iso by entering Dolphin, selecting your Melee iso, and clicking on the "Verify" tab. I'm not sure if this option is available on 5.0 base, tho.

If you can't verify your MD5 for some reason, here are some other checksums that you can check your iso with 7-Zip:
View attachment 265764

Also, I have checked the root files from the download link just in case something happened during the upload process and extracted it with 7-Zip... It worked without any issues. Try re-downloading the root files. Perhaps something happened during the download procedure which caused that to happen. I vaguely remember that back then a download would "complete" but when you tried to open something it would be corrupted or incomplete. Not sure if that's what happened, though.

EDIT: Ah! Nice! Good to know you were able to fix your issue! I guess xdelta can be weird sometimes.
Turns out I was using 1.00 by mistake. Also, Green Zelda has the stock icon of Link. Noticed it while playing All-Star.

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Turns out I was using 1.00 by mistake. Also, Green Zelda has the stock icon of Link. Noticed it while playing All-Star.
Er, are you sure? I know Link and Zelda's stock icons look very similar, but there is a difference between the two. Green Zelda has a different hue for her hair and has her crown, while Link's is facing the opposite direction, his cap is a different color, and his hair shows up more clearly.

Left: Zelda (Green) Right: Link (Neutral)
1584232763040.png

EDIT: Also, keep in mind that Hybrid 64 doesn't work very well for 1-P modes such as Classic and Adventure mode. All-Star works up until the G&W match where it will crash after defeating one of the G&W CPUs. =(

Last edited:

All Things Gaming 6

Smash Apprentice
Er, are you sure? I know Link and Zelda's stock icons look very similar, but there is a difference between the two. Green Zelda has a different hue for her hair and has her crown, while Link's is facing the opposite direction, his cap is a different color, and his hair shows up more clearly.

Left: Zelda (Green) Right: Link (Neutral)
View attachment 265778

EDIT: Also, keep in mind that Hybrid 64 doesn't work very well for 1-P modes such as Classic and Adventure mode. All-Star works up until the G&W match where it will crash after defeating one of the G&W CPUs. =(
Oh now I see it. Still looks weird though.

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Hello, everyone!

Hybrid 64 has been updated to ver. 3.1! This version comes with more character rebalancing, a few bugfixes, some new sound effects, and a new 64 mechanic: Soft and Hard Landing States.

What are "Soft" and "Hard" landing states? To make it simple, a "Soft" landing is when you land normally and your character receives 4 frames of landing lag. A "Hard" landing state is when you fastfall before landing. By performing a fastfall, your character will go through 8 frames of lag instead of 4. This also affect L-cancels (which might as well be called Z-cancel at this point, lol).

Gif link just in case...

If you want to know the full list of changes that 3.1 brings to the table, you can find the patch notes by clicking here.

Have fun!

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Hello, everyone!

It's come to my attention that Bowser has a re-grab pseudo-infinite in v3.1. It's the same one that he can perform in Pokémon Stadium, but without the need for a wall. Because of this, certain characters with high friction are helpless if they perform a grounded grab release and was very easy to perform because of Bowser's better grab reach. While there is an air grab release that avoids the issue, players will more often perform a grounded grab release so it's better to be safe than sorry.

You may download ver. 3.11 from the OP.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Hello, everyone!

Starting now, Hybrid 64 will have a Slippi Online compatible build! Now you can play the mod with your friends through Slippi's Rollback Online feature! (Direct Mode Only). The build also includes a 64-inspired Classic Mode VS Screen!

You can download the Slippi-compatible build by checking the OP! Have fun!

NOTE: This build was made specifically for Slippi Online and is missing a few features (Extended Name Entry and Keyboard, Wavedash Toggle). For console use, download v3.11.

TheBoyFromNowhere

Smash Rookie
How do you edit the hitstun level? I wanted to change it to .6 or .7 just to try crazy combos with me and my brothers but i can't figure out how to open up that file you mentioned earlier in the thread. thanks!

also would like to add walljumps back in, what's the file for that?

Cjag

Smash Cadet
How do you edit the hitstun level? I wanted to change it to .6 or .7 just to try crazy combos with me and my brothers but i can't figure out how to open up that file you mentioned earlier in the thread. thanks!
There's a few ways to edit the hitstun level, but there is this code Unclepunch created which makes things much easier than going into the files.

$Hitstun Multiplier [Unclepunch]
C208DD90 00000004
3DC03FA0 81E20000
91C20000 C1C20000
91E20000 FC0003B2
D01D2340 00000000

I haven't tested it, but this should increase hitstun by a certain amount. Right now it seems to multiply hitstun by x1.25. The blue hex that's highlighted is the top part of a float. If you want to change how much hitstun is multiplied, you would have to convert what you want into a float. Let's say you want to increase hitstun by x1.75. You put that into Melee Code Manager's converter (or use this converter) and it gives you 3fe00000. You take the first two bytes, in other words the 3fe0, and replace the blue highlighted part with it.

To use the code, simply right-click the Hybrid 64 ISO on dolphin, go to Cheats, and click "Add Code". You give it a name, copy the the hex that's here into the "Code:" textbox, and then click save. This way you can test however much hitstun you want without needing to open Hybrid 64's files!

also would like to add walljumps back in, what's the file for that?
That part is a much harder since it involves going into the game's start.dol with a hex editor like HxD, and any wrong move will break the ISO. It involves removing a cheat and it cannot be done with Melee Code Manager, so it's best to not touch that if you are not experienced with hex editing. Trust me, this game is held together with duct tape and anything could break it! ^_^'

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Would I be able to open the ISO with DAT texture wizard to export textures and UI to import into my own personal and private ISO?

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Would I be able to open the ISO with DAT texture wizard to export textures and UI to import into my own personal and private ISO?
If you're asking permission to export the textures and UI into your personal ISO, then sure! Keep in mind, however, that some things may not work as intended since they were made specially for Hybrid 64 (CSS icons, low-poly model textures possibly, etc.).

Umbry789

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone!

Starting now, Hybrid 64 will have a Slippi Online compatible build! Now you can play the mod with your friends through Slippi's Rollback Online feature! (Direct Mode Only). The build also includes a 64-inspired Classic Mode VS Screen!

You can download the Slippi-compatible build by checking the OP! Have fun!

NOTE: This build was made specifically for Slippi Online and is missing a few features (Extended Name Entry and Keyboard, Wavedash Toggle). For console use, download v3.11.
Oh neat, you've been updating it ever since the last time we met in person years ago lol

Top Bottom