• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hybrid 64: A Melee/64 Hybrid Mod [Old]

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
is any build public? (or could i possible get one)

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but there is no public build of Unclepunch's Melee64 patch at this time. There are still a few things that need to be done before a public build can be released.

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Good news, everyone!

Hybrid 64 has been updated to version 1.3! This patch addresses a few character issues such as infinite chain grabs and old issues that should've been fixed a long time ago. Of course, this patch comes with some more character balancing adjustments... But this patch features a revamped Bowser! He is now a much better grappler with short, yet devastating combos and setups! And with a revamped Koopa Claw, Bowser can set up his opponents to unleash one of many of his devastating attacks!

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I've been messing around with this mod for a few days now, and I've gotta say that I find it fun in the same way that smash 64 is. This is super well done, it'll be fun to break this out at smash fests

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Happy 1-year anniversary!

That's right! As of the day of this post (March 27th), the Hybrid 64 mod turns 1 year old! Never thought I'd still be working on this for so long... To think this all started out as "just another Melee64 mod". Incredible how much something changes over the course of a year. To celebrate this, I've put out a new patch for the mod and updated the Full Patch Notes to the latest version so that everyone would know how much has changed from vMelee.

Thank you to The Cape, Stormghetti and Auran (Discord) for playtesting the mod and helping me with certain things from certain characters (like Link who too OP).

I would also like to thank UnclePunch for creating such awesome codes that greatly helped make this mod what it is today.

Of course it goes without saying that DRGN, Tatat0 and Dan Salvato have also helped with their contributions to the Melee community with their knowledge of codes and such. Tatat with his Crazy Hand program and DRGN with the Melee Code Manager and the DAT Texture Wizard helped a bunch!

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I had fun making it!

Cjag

P.S: If any of the people mentioned above are reading this, I was sorta afraid of pinging you guys. Didn't want to disturb you with a "Happy Birthday, mod!" message. ^_^'

Cjag

Smash Cadet
EDIT [Dec/01/2020]: If you're reading this, there used to be a message here talking about Hybrid 64's end of development from 2018. It did stop, but it development was restarted in 2019 and it's still growing today!

I have left the message here for the sake of preservation that development did halt one time, but it's probably irrelevant now.

Everyone knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when.

As of June 26th, 2018: I released the final patch for Hybrid 64 -- version 1.50. This was the first Melee Mod project I made dating all the way back in Summer 2016. It's gone through many notable changes before the public build on March 2017, and I was happy with the result. It was rather broken at first, but overtime I learned more of the game and how players interacted in countless situations... And the glaring issues certain characters had.

I learned from my mistakes, I received feedback from members of the modding community and even code contributions that helped me make the mod even better; more than I could with just Crazy Hand and PlCo.dat editing. I poured my all into this mod when it came to the character edits. All the balancing efforts I did to the cast, the crazy combos everyone could perform... All of that for another year. It was fun!

But now... This mod's journey has finally reached its end. For all those that have played, supported, and contributed to this mod for over a year... Thank you!

Thank you for playing! See you next time! -- Cjag

Last edited:
Top Bottom