• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hybrid 64: A Melee/64 Hybrid Mod [Old]

Cjag

Smash Cadet
This is the old thread from last year. You can find the mod's history and previous patches here.

Hybrid 64: A balance mod that aims to combine Super Smash Bros. 64's aspects and mechanics with the high-speed thrills that Melee already provides. 4-frame L-Canceling, 64-esque pivots, Old-school sound effects, more hitstun, more hitlag, more combos... All this and more!

This mod is currently only available as an xdelta patch file for your copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee (NTSC 1.02). Packed inside a .rar file, you will find the xdelta file (which is the mod itself) and patch notes documenting the changes from the previous version. You can also download the Full Patch Notes which has all the changes the game has -- including characters!

This mod is updated monthly frequently, so check back once in a while!

As of Jun/26/2018, this project has come to an end. [No, it hasn't!]

Current Version: Ver. 1.50 [Jun/26/2018]
Download Link

Want MORE Melee? Then try the "More Melee" Version!

This is a special version of Hybrid 64 that makes the game resemble Melee more than the original intended version.

That means Walljumps, Wall Techs, Spot Dodge, More DI, Melee Shieldstun and Melee Hitstun return!

WARNING! The game may become very frantic...

Download Link (1.5 M)

Full Patch Notes (vMelee -> Ver.1.5/1.5M) (EDIT: Accidentally deleted this when updating the new patch notes for v2.0...)

To avoid clutter (and avoid taking over 30+ minutes formatting the notes for the forums), I have moved the patch notes onto Pastebins. Just click and read.

SSBM Hybrid 64 Ver. 1.4a (Anniversary Patch)

This build was released on the mod's 1-year anniversary (March 27th, 2018). Like the previous patch, it brought more balance changes to many characters and the new 64-esque ledge mechanics. A very important milestone.

Download Link

SSBM Hybrid 64 Ver. 1.3a:

This build was released Feb 9th, 2018. As the previous patch, it brought more balance changes to many characters.

Download Link

SSBM Hybrid 64 Ver. 1.22b

This build was released on December 27th, 2017. It brought some changes and bugfixes from previous versions.

Download Link

SSBM Hybrid 64 Ver. 1.21:

This build was released on November 18th, 2017. After making this build, I thought this was going to be the last one and that I've balanced the game enough. ...Turns out I was wrong.

Download Link

SSBM Hybrid 64 Ver. 1.20b:

This is the version with the GuardOn fix and before another balance update. This one doesn't have the updated Main.ssm, but you can find it here if you wish to update it.

Download Link

SSBM64 Ver. 1.17a:

This is the version before the huge balance patch 1.20 brings to the table. If you didn't like the balance patch, you can always go back to this one. Be aware that pivots and Shield dashing are not present in this version.

Download Link

SSBM64 1.15a:

The first public release of the mod released on March 30th, 2017.

Download Link

SSBM-64 Ver.1.02:

I've recently found this version of the mod in an old pen drive! According to the title screen, it was built on February 2nd, 2016, making it the oldest build I've found so far. This was made during the time when it was going to be a Melee Minus mod, so many things are either broken or incomplete.

Download Link

(Please excuse any sort of broken English when reading this. It’s not my first language. :ohwell: Also, this is my first time ever posting something on a forum, so please excuse me for being a little cluttered and "Wall of text"-ish.)

------------------------------

I know there’s a group of talented people that’re currently in the process of making Melee 64 (who are also way more talented and knowledgeable in this), so I don’t mean to take away any sort of attention from them or their mod once it releases. It was just coincidence that I’ve been working on a personal Melee64 mod by myself in my own free time, and then realized later that there’s a group that’s been working on the same thing. Who knew?

I didn’t want to publish this at first, but now I think this mod is in a comfortable position to be released to the public. So now, I present to you my take on a Melee + 64 hybrid: Melee64! (Now called Hybrid 64 as of Sept/18/2017)

It all started when I found out about the Melee hacking scene in early November 2015. I immediately buffed Kirby (because that was the only character I could use, and I still do to this day whether I like it or not. :ohwell:). Then it hit me, "Why not make Melee like Smash 64?" Just like that, I started creating the mod.

I started modding all the other characters in my free time. Before I knew it, I've modified the entire roster (Except Peach and Ice Climbers). Then I started tinkering with more intricate things: Hitstun, hitlag, shields in general, even the camera. I also manually imported some of Smash 64's SFX. It just felt much more satisfying when you hit someone and hear those old sounds imo. :)

The central idea of the mod was to make the game similar to Smash 64, but not exactly like it. While having 0-to-deaths is awesome, I believe it would reflect poorly if I applied that logic to Melee. If the mod revolved around the “Don’t get hit” theme, then the person suffering from a combo wouldn’t be able to do much but accept losing the stock, thus making the mod not very fun and somewhat repetitive. So, I needed to reach a “happy medium” where the game has 64’s punish game and niches without slowing down Melee’s speed, and where the characters have combo utilities to complement it without breaking anyone from the roster, but still giving them the options to create unique combos. I believe I’ve made it close to that “happy medium.”

When it came to testing, all I had was myself. I watched videos of people playing these characters, to see how they play, and how their characters are used. I also looked at other Smash iterations for some inspiration on some characters. I tested everything and everyone for hours and hours to make sure things weren't broken, and everyone went through a LOT of balancing to get everything just right. But I felt just having one person to test things isn't enough to make a good mod, so I started putting the mod in a local place where people play Smash Bros. all day. I even streamed it on Twitch a few times.

Even though the local play sessions didn't happen too often (since I needed a hacked Wii to even play it), I was able to put the mod in for a good amount of time on my friend’s Wii, and sometimes on my PC with a Wii U Gamecube Adapter (borrowed, of course). I saw how people played the game, and gathered information thanks to those small testing sessions. This helped a ton in character balancing!

- Collecting a coin (Coin Mode) crashes the game, so don't let the game run the demo. If you want to leave the game on, make sure you're not in the main menu. Thanks Achilles for linking me the "Disable Start Screen Transitions" code. Now it is safe to leave the game on the menu without the risk of the game crashing.

- There seems to be a small chance of the game not booting up when loaded with Nintendon't. Not sure if it happens with Dios Mios.

- Name entry/nametags don't work. Attempting to add a name will crash the game. Works properly as of 1.4a (?)

- The Fastfall Sparkle doesn't work properly in Battlefield. Works properly as of ver.1.20.

- Yoshi doesn't suffer from the intended Shield Stun.

Edit: Had to take down the link for a second. Forgot to delete the xdelta program from the folder. I used to have it with the patch just in case I accidentally deleted the original copy from my PC. :ohwell: Didn't mean to redistribute the program! It was a complete accident, please don't kill me! Q_Q

Edit 2: Added some structure thanks to the wonderful discovery of the spoiler bbcode.

Edit 3: Edited Thread's name to reflect current public build (Not sure if it's allowed. Will edit it back to normal if it's not).

Edit 4 (May/25/17): This project is not dead! I had finals and other projects to deal with, so I had to leave this alone for a while. Expect a beta of the Melee64 (Full64 Pack) soon! Just making a Console-friendly version.[/S}

Edit 5 (June/08/17): I've decided to discard the Full64 patch entirely. I will now only update the Hybrid Mod. Also, I've found a VERY old version of my mod. It's... quite broken. ^_^'

Edit 6: Oh wow. An update! Finally! It's been a while, huh? I've updated the mod with some character balancing stuff. Also, a fix for Wall techs and ceiling techs which suddenly started to work in the last patch and I didn't notice until now. Oops. =/ Anyways, that's been fixed and you can no longer tech off walls (again).

Edit 7: Ver. 1.20 has a gamebreaking issue with Kirby's F-throw, so if you have Ver. 1.20, I recommend updating to 1.20a, which fixes this issue. If you don't plan on updating, then don't use Kirby in stages with slanted ground. Kirby can be used in all legal stages except for Yoshi's Story in this case.

Edit 8: Moved the changelogs to Pastebin to avoid clutter in the OP.

Last edited:

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
Cool project! Do you have any videos of it in action?

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Cool project! Do you have any videos of it in action?
I have about an hour's worth of footage from yesterday's local test session with some characters thrown in there, but don't expect much high level stuff from it. =/ I'll have to edit everything to make it presentable, too. Maybe I'll put in a small clip or something.

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
I have about an hour's worth of footage from yesterday's local test session with some characters thrown in there, but don't expect much high level stuff from it. =/ I'll have to edit everything to make it presentable, too. Maybe I'll put in a small clip or something.
Sweet. Yeah I think I video showcasing some major differences would be sick,but even just a clip that gives you an idea of what's different would definitely help.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Some 64 stuff,

Code:
$Disable Side B [UnclePunch]
040967dc 60000000
C2096540 00000002
38600000 4E800020
60000000 00000000
040967b8 60000000

$No DI [UnclePunch]
0408e5a4 4e800020

$Hitstun Multiplier [UnclePunch]
C208DD90 00000004
3DC03FA0 81E20000
91C20000 C1C20000
91E20000 FC0003B2
D01D2340 00000000
Combine with Yakult Yakult 's awesome low poly model pack https://smashboards.com/threads/use-high-polygon-models-for-shadows-and-when-offscreen.446710/

This could be pretty faithful to 64 with proper character edits.

*Note

Hitstun Multiplier [UnclePunch]
C208DD90 00000004
3DC03FA0 81E20000
91C20000 C1C20000
91E20000 FC0003B2
D01D2340 00000000

Change the magenta value to the first 4 digits of a single floating point integer to change the modifier.
Converter here:
http://www6.uniovi.es/~antonio/uned/ieee754/IEEE-754.html

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Thanks, UnclePunch! Maybe I should make a separate patch where the game is more faithful to 64 than the hybrid patch along with Yakult's Low-poly model pack as a bonus (I think I should ask permission for this though). Without DI though, I would have to change a lot of throws... a lot of them.

I just have one question: Is there something different between adding the No DI code and changing the value for Max DI in the PlCo.dat to 0? Will it have the same result?

(Couldn't use the "Reply" button for some reason. Chrome didn't let me preview the post with it. =/ )

Edit: It seems that I can't install the Disable Side-B Code through the Melee Code Manager. Maybe the FSMs took up all the space in the Main.dol. =/ I did try out the code through Dolphin though and it works as intended. By the way, is it possible to make Neutral B be used even though you're holding left or right, just like 64?

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
By the way, is it possible to make Neutral B be used even though you're holding left or right, just like 64?
Yeah that's on the list. Just added more hitlag:

and I'm working on shield stun and no momentum carryover on jumps.

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Yeah that's on the list. Just added more hitlag:
and I'm working on shield stun and no momentum carryover on jumps.
That looks great! Also looking forward to the Shieldstun code. It will free up a LOT of FSM space and apply the intended shieldstun to Yoshi. As for the extra hitstun, I've already added it through the Crazy Hand program though, and I've already changed Crouch Canceling to make the character not bounce against the ground (while still suffering Hitstun). If you want, you can look at the "Full Patch Notes" file that's on the zip for the mod which includes some of the mechanic changes that I've made so far.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
That looks great! Also looking forward to the Shieldstun code. It will free up a LOT of FSM space and apply the intended shieldstun to Yoshi. As for the extra hitstun, I've already added it through the Crazy Hand program though, and I've already changed Crouch Canceling to make the character not bounce against the ground (while still suffering Hitstun). If you want, you can look at the "Full Patch Notes" file that's on the zip for the mod which includes some of the mechanic changes that I've made so far.
Is there a global shield stun value in CH?

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Is there a global shield stun value in CH?
CH? I dunno what you mean, but if you mean the PlCo.dat then I don't know. I have a notepad file with all the offsets I've found inside, yet I haven't found one that's related to global Shield stun. I had an entire day dedicated to looking up everything inside that file. All I've found were things like shield pushback/resistance, shield depletion/regeneration, lightshield/hardshield sizes, shield HP, and a few more extra stuff, but no luck with Shield stun. =/

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Code:
$Side B = Neutral B [UnclePunch]
04096638 81840294
040967c0 480000B4
Cjag Cjag CH = Crazy Hand btw

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Code:
$Side B = Neutral B [UnclePunch]
04096638 81840294
040967c0 480000B4
Cjag Cjag CH = Crazy Hand btw
Oh. Whoops. Silly me. ^^' Then no. Nothing like that in Crazy Hand's PlCo menu (using 1.31). Btw, I'll test out your code in a moment. I'll edit this post and tell you if it works as intended.

Edit: Works thru Dolphin. Should work thru melee code manager. Will test later.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Code:
$Remove Spotdodge/Airdodge [UnclePunch]
C209980C 00000002 //spotdodge
38600000 4E800020
60000000 00000000
C2099A58 00000002 //airdodge
38600000 4E800020
60000000 00000000

$Remove Walljump [UnclePunch]
C208169C 00000002
38600000 4E800020
60000000 00000000

$Remove Walljump Tech, Wall Tech, Ceiling Tech [UnclePunch]
C20C1D38 00000002 //walljump
38600000 4E800020
60000000 00000000
C20C23A0 00000002 //ceiling
38600000 4E800020
60000000 00000000
RIP Melee

(remove the // comments if anyone decides to use these)

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet
lookin good! please use it as you please :)

if you've modified the character files for your mod and would like to make your modified files use the low poly models then i can send you the python script i used to make them or an .exe of it so you can apply it to your files automatically.

i actually didnt do it for gigabowser or kirby's copy abilities as theyre a little tricky and id have to do them manually but if youd like to use this in a pack i can do them in a few weeks when ill have significantly more time.

im also very happy to explain what changes i made to the .dat files if this would help someone make a gecko code or something instead of file replacements. it actually just consists of switching one pointer and adding or replacing another one

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
im also very happy to explain what changes i made to the .dat files if this would help someone make a gecko code or something instead of file replacements. it actually just consists of switching one pointer and adding or replacing another one
If the pointer is at the same offset for every file, it could possibly be a simple gecko code.

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet
at the same place in every file there's a pointer to the pointers to be switched if that makes sense. about half the files also need a relocation entry added

Cjag

Smash Cadet
lookin good! please use it as you please :)

if you've modified the character files for your mod and would like to make your modified files use the low poly models then i can send you the python script i used to make them or an .exe of it so you can apply it to your files automatically.
Thanks for your approval! I'll apply them for the next patch. :)

And yes, I would really like an .exe to apply the changes to the files. I've modified my characters a lot, so it would make things a lot easier than going through every .dat file, comparing it with vanilla melee's and then changing everything manually in the modded .dat. Depending on how much I need to change, it would take between 2 hours or more. (I compared Falco's data with your lowpoly one and there were a lot of changes... a lot. I don't want to risk losing the data.)

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
Sh*t i had the same idea too. I've been making the same thing for 3 days now. I don't know i tried to make an combination between the two games. I called it project melee 64 and yea......

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Okay... All of a sudden there's a lot of support for the mod. While I do appreciate the help and support, don't rush it. Take your time. :)

Disable Up and Down throw?

Disable Dash Grab? (Make standing grab)
In the case of these kinds of codes (like no airdodge, no wall/ceiling tech, etc.), these will be for the "Full 64 Mode" Patch where all these things will be applied to make the game as close to 64 as possible, which I'll be working on now. I believe I've run out of space on the main.dol for the hybrid mod. I think the FSMs took up all the space. Adding a single one of these codes will crash the game on start up. :ohwell:

Oh, and hold on The Cape The Cape . I need to test something before I can ask for that code. I'll edit this post after I'm done.

Edit: Huh. I made a copy of Vanilla Melee and put in the codes UnclePunch posted and it still crashed on boot up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. =/

Edit2: Oh. I was using an older version of the melee code manager. Updated to 3.1 and the code worked on the clean iso. Will test on the hybrid iso. OK! Got the things working now! I'm currently working on changing the ledge intangibility to Smash 64's.

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Cjag Cjag here you go https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4TJ7OHRgCQTZ3J5ZjFFZTBmejg :)

basically to run it have all your character files in one folder, run the .exe and drag and drop one file from the folder into the command window. it'll create a new folder with the updated files. I think only have the files you want to edit in the folder too as itll try to apply it to every file.

i wouldnt put gigabowser, the wireframes, the hands, sandbag or kirby's copy abilities in the folder as well btw. i dont think the wireframes, sandbag or master and crazy hand have low poly models and i'll try to do something about gigabowser and kirby's copy abilities at a later date.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I believe I've run out of space on the main.dol for the hybrid mod. I think the FSMs took up all the space. Adding a single one of these codes will crash the game on start up. :ohwell:
If you're using MCM, you can enable more regions

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Okay... All of a sudden there's a lot of support for the mod. While I do appreciate the help and support, don't rush it. Take your time. :)

In the case of these kinds of codes (like no airdodge, no wall/ceiling tech, etc.), these will be for the "Full 64 Mode" Patch where all these things will be applied to make the game as close to 64 as possible, which I'll be working on now. I believe I've run out of space on the main.dol for the hybrid mod. I think the FSMs took up all the space. Adding a single one of these codes will crash the game on start up. :ohwell:

Oh, and hold on The Cape The Cape . I need to test something before I can ask for that code. I'll edit this post after I'm done.

Edit: Huh. I made a copy of Vanilla Melee and put in the codes UnclePunch posted and it still crashed on boot up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. =/

Edit2: Oh. I was using an older version of the melee code manager. Updated to 3.1 and the code worked on the clean iso. Will test on the hybrid iso. OK! Got the things working now! I'm currently working on changing the ledge intangibility to Smash 64's.
Which regions are you using for inserting code? Using the region for Tournament Mode and the modified FSM Achillies posted here should allow for 5K+ FSM entries. Also, you can modify MCM's parameters to avoid conflict with CH, as punkline describes here.

As for the Gecko code working after updating MCM: yeah, the gecko codehandler in v3+ added support for 04 and C2 Gecko code types (thanks to discoveries by @flieskiller). However, Gecko codes aren't as efficient as injecting the code directly (in fact, they are in part just a convenience for doing this), and if you convert your codes and don't use any Gecko codes, you'll gain more space in the DOL for other codes. You can find some explanation on how to convert Gecko codes here, in the last spoiler.

Edit: Had to take down the link for a second. Forgot to delete the xdelta program from the folder. I used to have it with the patch just in case I accidentally deleted the original copy from my PC. :ohwell: Didn't mean to redistribute the program! It was a complete accident, please don't kill me! Q_Q
It's fine to include the program. Its license states it doesn't mind if you redistribute it as long as you include a copy of the license.

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Thanks, DRGN! This helped out a ton! Also, I just assumed the FSM took up all the space when Uncle's codes weren't working. Good thing I was wrong.

Here's a list of what I've done so far:
  • Deleted Tournament Mode and installed Achilles' modified FSM code.
  • Converted UnclePunch's Gecko codes and injected them directly into the main.dol.
  • Made a new iso with the changes. Currently testing if everything is working smoothly.
After this, I'll test Yakult's lowpoly model program and see if it works correctly.

Edit: Yes, it does on Dolphin. :) I'll test it on my Wii later.

Edit 2: Been working on the ledge intangibility stuff. This is what I got so far through relocating the "Cliffwait" subaction's pointer with one of the "Passive" (Walltech) subactions. Unfortunately, I can't reach 60 frames of intangibility without adding FSMs to every character's "Cliffwait" animations, so I'll just leave it at 30 for now.

Edit 3: I've updated the OP. Released Melee64 Ver. 1.16 with many balance changes to Pichu and Falco.

The "Full64 Patch" is still in development.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Thanks, DRGN! This helped out a ton! Also, I just assumed the FSM took up all the space when Uncle's codes weren't working. Good thing I was wrong.

Here's a list of what I've done so far:
  • Deleted Tournament Mode and installed Achilles' modified FSM code.
  • Converted UnclePunch's Gecko codes and injected them directly into the main.dol.
  • Made a new iso with the changes. Currently testing if everything is working smoothly.
After this, I'll test Yakult's lowpoly model program and see if it works correctly.

Edit: Yes, it does on Dolphin. :) I'll test it on my Wii later.

Edit 2: Been working on the ledge intangibility stuff. This is what I got so far through relocating the "Cliffwait" subaction's pointer with one of the "Passive" (Walltech) subactions. Unfortunately, I can't reach 60 frames of intangibility without adding FSMs to every character's "Cliffwait" animations, so I'll just leave it at 30 for now.

Edit 3: I've updated the OP. Released Melee64 Ver. 1.16 with many balance changes to Pichu and Falco.

The "Full64 Patch" is still in development.
64 has 60 frames of invincibility?

Also PM me / join the Melee Workshop discord. We're working on a 64 mod.

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
This is an insanely amazing project and thanks so much for working on it. It's really really fun to play. IMO, you should keep in airdodges or at least alter how they work. I feel as if a true melee/64 hyrbid should have wavedashing. Idk if you plan to take it out or not d:

EDIT: i am a dunce. I didn't notice the full 64 patch. sorry

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
This is an insanely amazing project and thanks so much for working on it. It's really really fun to play. IMO, you should keep in airdodges or at least alter how they work. I feel as if a true melee/64 hyrbid should have wavedashing. Idk if you plan to take it out or not d:

EDIT: i am a dunce. I didn't notice the full 64 patch. sorry
Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback! ^^

The airdodge is the same as Melee's. I believe I didn't touch that in the hybrid mod, and I shouldn't since this mod is supposed to be a mix between 64's easier combo-game and Melee's movement options. Getting rid of airdodge/wavedashing is the same thing as getting rid of what Makes Melee... Melee. The hybrid mod (the one that's available now) will always have wavedashing.

The "Full 64 patch" is a different project now, so it'll take a while for it to be completed. For now, I will only be updating the Hybrid mod for balancing issues.

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
I'm not the one who likes to double post, but I have news to share, both good and bad, to everyone and it involves the new patch and its future.

The good news is that the newest version of the mod, now called Hybrid 64, is now available for download! Thanks to The Cape The Cape and @Stormghetti for testing the characters, and to UnclePunch UnclePunch for making the FF Sparkle code and a code that allowed me to add in two new mechanics to the game that are present in 64.

The first one is 64's Shield dash. In 64, you slide a bit when you shield during a dash animation. In Melee, it halts your momentum entirely. I believe this could help in certain situations. Especially if you're someone fast like Cpt. Falcon.

The second one is pivot's momentum. It now works similar to 64's pivot, being that it keeps your momentum. The move is still just as hard to do in Melee, though.

Here's a gif with both mechanics being performed in Melee.

And now for the bad news. Due to ANOTHER hurricane, I will not be able to address any problems related to the mod for about approximately 2-4 weeks. :ohwell: Don't worry, I'm fine and I will be fine. I'm already prepared for the storm. I won't have any access to the internet though, so PM me only if you found any glitches. I'll update the mod with a hotfix once I have internet again. I'll edit this part out once everything at home settles down and returns to normal. Until then, that's all.

Also, if there is a problem with me double posting this one time... I'm sorry. I'm not even sure if this is necro-ing, either. I'll just delete this post or something and remind myself that it's something that I can never, ever do. Never ever.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
I'm not the one who likes to double post, but I have news to share, both good and bad, to everyone and it involves the new patch and its future.

The good news is that the newest version of the mod, now called Hybrid 64, is now available for download! Thanks to The Cape The Cape and @Stormghetti for testing the characters, and to UnclePunch UnclePunch for making the FF Sparkle code and a code that allowed me to add in two new mechanics to the game that are present in 64.

The first one is 64's Shield dash. In 64, you slide a bit when you shield during a dash animation. In Melee, it halts your momentum entirely. I believe this could help in certain situations. Especially if you're someone fast like Cpt. Falcon.

The second one is pivot's momentum. It now works similar to 64's pivot, being that it keeps your momentum. The move is still just as hard to do in Melee, though.

Here's a gif with both mechanics being performed in Melee.

And now for the bad news. Due to ANOTHER hurricane, I will not be able to address any problems related to the mod for about approximately 2-4 weeks. :ohwell: Don't worry, I'm fine and I will be fine. I'm already prepared for the storm. I won't have any access to the internet though, so PM me only if you found any glitches. I'll update the mod with a hotfix once I have internet again. I'll edit this part out once everything at home settles down and returns to normal. Until then, that's all.

Also, if there is a problem with me double posting this one time... I'm sorry. I'm not even sure if this is necro-ing, either. I'll just delete this post or something and remind myself that it's something that I can never, ever do. Never ever.
I see no problem with a double-post in this case. You're adding new information and had a good reason for it; without a bump to this thread the update probably would not have been seen. Double-posting, or similarly, "necro-posting", is mostly only really an issue if a post bumps a thread (particularly an old one) without adding anything new/meaningful. Or if there are multiple posts in a row, posted very soon after one another, that could have just as well been combined into one post (whether initially, or by editing).

Nice work on the full game mod, btw! I haven't actually tried it out yet, due to busyness, but it looks like a fun one that I'd like to try. :) I look forward to the "Full N64 Patch" too. Have you thought about changing other aesthetics, like textures for the old match intro and ending texts?
super-smash-bros-1.jpg Super Smash Bros. (U)  snap0055.jpg

Oh, and you mentioned pardoning your English, but you actually write English very well. Probably even better than many people who have it as a first language!

Cjag

Smash Cadet
I see no problem with a double-post in this case. You're adding new information and had a good reason for it; without a bump to this thread the update probably would not have been seen. Double-posting, or similarly, "necro-posting", is mostly only really an issue if a post bumps a thread (particularly an old one) without adding anything new/meaningful. Or if there are multiple posts in a row, posted very soon after one another, that could have just as well been combined into one post (whether initially, or by editing).

Nice work on the full game mod, btw! I haven't actually tried it out yet, due to busyness, but it looks like a fun one that I'd like to try. :) I look forward to the "Full N64 Patch" too. Have you thought about changing other aesthetics, like textures for the old match intro and ending texts?
View attachment 132765 View attachment 132766

Oh, and you mentioned pardoning your English, but you actually write English very well. Probably even better than many people who have it as a first language!
OK. I got some internet for a brief moment. (Thank you, cellphone internet). Thanks about the English thing! I was just a little nervous when I posted the OP. I was new to forum posting.

I'm going to clear up a few things regarding your recommendations and the "Full N64 Patch" that I once promised earlier this year.

While I was working on the "Full N64 Patch," I was welcomed by Unclepunch to work on his iteration of Melee64 with the intention of making it as close to Smash 64 as possible. I realized his mod had much more potential and he's made a ton of progress. It's more faithful to 64 than mine. Because of this, I decided to cancel the "Full64 Patch" I was working on so that I could help their mod instead. Progress is at a standstill, however, so it will take some time for when that mod will be released. Sorry if I disappointed you and anyone else that's reading this. I've cleared this up before, but I didn't give enough details. I should've been clearer.

In the case of aesthetics, such as "Ready/Go!" and "Game Set", I wasn't planning on changing them. Melee's were fine already, but I could try. I've already messed with the Main Menu and the CSS, so I might as well add in the font for the numbers and percents next. I'll update it with this when I have the chance.

This is the CSS and Font screen if you're curious. I did this myself. I didn't work on the portraits, they're still the same ones from vMelee. I've only changed the font, style, and background of the portraits.

Last edited:

Chulip

Smash Rookie
can't get the xdelta to work, I tried dragging the ISO over it but nothing happens

Cjag

Smash Cadet
can't get the xdelta to work, I tried dragging the ISO over it but nothing happens
Sorry for the very late reply. Is your Melee v.1.02 ISO a clean copy? Not edited at all? If it is and it still doesn't work, then it's possible that the base ISO I used to make the xDelta was edited in some way, causing the problem. I can't really check atm since I don't have my PC on me, and cellphone internet connections are either spotty or unusable back home thanks to the hurricane.

I will release a hotfix patch when I get the chance that might solve your problem (and a Kirby bug).

Edit (Oct/10/2017): I have updated the mod with a small aesthetic change, character balancing for Roy and Luigi, and a very important bugfix to Kirby's F-throw. If it were used on slanted ground, the game would crash. I changed his f-throw animation and its properties so that it can be usable and not crash the game.

Chulip Chulip Try using this xdelta. I made sure I used a 100% clean iso as the base file for this patch, so a mismatch error shouldn't appear.

Edit 2 (Oct/20/2017): I have uploaded a new patch that fixes a critical issue with shielding. More specifically the "GuardOn" state. Please make sure you update to Ver. 1.20b to avoid any problems. ...Like this one:

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
This is the CSS and Font screen if you're curious. I did this myself. I didn't work on the portraits, they're still the same ones from vMelee. I've only changed the font, style, and background of the portraits.

that looks awesome!!!!!

Cjag

Smash Cadet
I cant find footage of this mod anywhere?
There's no video footage of this mod because I don't have the resources nor the skill necessary to make good footage. The most that I can do is post GIFs of the game with some Training Mode combos, showcase some of the changes, etc. It'll take a while to make, but I'll try to do that.

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Oh so a public release of this mod has not been released? Or?
In the OP (Opening Post), there's a download link to the latest version of the mod (v.1.21) and a separate link below that for the full patch notes that documents the changes that were made from vMelee 1.02 to the latest version of the mod. After downloading and extracting the .rar file, you will find a .xdelta file which contains the mod itself and instructions on how to patch the game. You will need a clean copy of SSBM 1.02 and the xdelta patcher program to patch your copy of Melee.

Last edited:

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
Cjag Cjag UnclePunch UnclePunch any word on when the M64 mod will be released?

the one UnclePunch said hes been working one and apparently absorbed cjags full patch, i mean.

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
Cjag Cjag UnclePunch UnclePunch any word on when the M64 mod will be released?

the one UnclePunch said hes been working one and apparently absorbed cjags full patch, i mean.
The full patch I was working on was quickly absorbed into Unclepunch's mod. Melee64 patch was being worked on until classes started on August. A good amount of progress has been done until that point, but development slowed to a crawl from there on. As for characters, I've edited 11 of the 12 Smash 64 veterans. Their attributes are close to their 64 iterations and most of their attacks have the same stats (BKB, KBG, Damage, Hitbox placement, etc.), but their animations, like Pikachu's B-air for example, can't be replicated correctly atm. I've recently started working on the characters again with a personal To-Do list, so I'll still be working on the mod from time to time.

Top Bottom