• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunt, Infect and Consume Biomass - Alex Mercer support thread

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Support File: Dr.Alexander "Alex" J. Mercer also known as Zeus

Who is Alex Mercer?

The man known as Alex Mercer is a cold and unsympathetic monster who is one of the infected with the Blacklight Virus. He was once a researcher at Gentek but was murdered due to his involvement with a top secret project. However it turns out he didn't die and was indeed alive as an Infected with shapeshifting parasitical powers. Despite this Mercer lost his memories and as he turns to find a New York in chaos he begins to utilize his powers to learn more of his fragmented past, as he scoured all of New York for those responsible. Alex Mercer is the protagonist of Prototype 1 and the antagonist of Prototype 2

The Danger of Zeus

If Alex were to ever get into Smash it wouldn't be hard to make a Moveset for him. Mercer has many dangerous abilities including Bio Claws and Blade, Groundspikes, Hammerfists, Whipfists, and many more. His most powerful attack is called the Devastator of which there are many types however the most likely Devastator to be in smash would be his Tendril Barrage Devastator. He is also known for consuming his enemies and becoming them as well as regeneration although it's likely these abilities may not appear. Either way Alex would hit hard and fast and be a very dangerous opponent to his enemies.

Genetic Material

Stats- Weight - Normal (Heavy only in Armor). Speed - Fast. Jump - High
Jab - Alex punches his opponent three times ending his combo with a kick that sends them back.
The Punches

Ending Kick
Dash Attack - Alex runs while using his Musclemass power to shoulder bash the opponent dealing a lot of knockback.

Muscle Mass Power
Up Tilt - Alex slashes upwards with his Bio-Claws.
Down Tilt - Alex does a slide kick.
Side Tilt - A quick slash with Bio-Claws
Neutral Air - A Spinning Bio-Claw Slash similar to Byleth's Neutral Air.
Down Air - A slow downair in which Alex turns both of his arms into the Hammerfists. If the Hammerfists hit it can do meteor hits.

Hammerfists
Up Air - Alex uses Tendrils to smack any opponent above him.
Forward Air - A Forward double slash with Bio-Claws
Back Air - A Strong but slow hit with his Hammerfists. Can kill early.
Grab - Alex grabs his opponent with a trendril and lifts them with one hand.
Pummel - Small Tendrils harm the opponent.
Down Throw - Alex stomps on his opponent's head sending them upward
Back Throw - Alex stabs his opponent with a tendril and sends them flying backwards
Forward Throw - Alex uses Musclemass to quickly punch his opponent forward
Up Throw - Alex uses Whipfist to send his opponent far upward
Side Smash - Alex uses his Bio-Blade to quickly slash what is in front of him dealing a lot of damage and knockback
Down Smash - Alex creates some Groundspikes on both sides similar to Mega Man's down smash

Up Smash - Alex Swings straight upwards with his Musclemass arms
Gimmick - Genetic Material
Each time Alex lands an Attack on his opponent it fills up a gauge near his Percentage
when the Gauge is filled Alex can enter an Evolved State by pressing down b and in this state he can access his Armor drastically increasing his Durability and giving him Super Armor for 9 seconds
Neutral Special - Claw Frenzy - Alex unleashes a fury of Bio-Claw swipes. Good for racking up damage.
Side Special - Glide - Alex glides horizontally hitting anything in his way
Up Special - Whipfist - Similar to Byleth and Joker's up special. Alex uses his Whipfist to grab above him
Down Special - Shield/Armor - Alex creates a Shield of Biomass the Shield can reflect projectiles and survive hits. However if the Shield takes powerful attacks it will break and leave Mercer vulnerable. If the gauge is full Mercer can evolve and use his Armor Form.
Shield

Armor
Final Smash - Tendril Barrage Devastator - The Tendril Barrage causes barbs made of hardened tendons to erupt from Alex's body in every direction, impaling everything around them for a fair distance. Anyone hit will suffer immense damage and the attack will instantly kill any opponent above 100%.
Stage Idea
Hives in Prototype are repurposed structures around Manhattan. The infected created during the first outbreak in 2008. Hives collected and stored biological material. Hives are covered with red biomass that would congregate towards the bottom of the building. The effects of a Hive's presence could be felt blocks away, as it served as a makeshift Infected "Head-Quarters", and Infected gathered around the structure to defend it from invaders. They were also used as incubators for the creation of infected Walkers and Hunters. How this stage would work is that Players would fight on the Roof and sometimes Infected may appear to disrupt the match. When a Player kills an Infected they would collect Genetic Material which would heal them.

Will the Infection spread to Smash?
It's unlikely for Alex to make an Appearance in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate but who knows the Virus always spreads where someone least expects it.

Kamen Minecraft

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Do not hurt me, but if you do not mind, I shall ask for a spot for you in the Newcomer Support Thread Directory. I am slowly walking away now...
Thanks. Although I was shock Alex Mercer didn't have a support thread when I first looked in there.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean that he is that significant of a figure in gaming? I am not sure if I have even heard of him until this thread.
At one point the Prototype series was consider the one of the best open world action adventure superpower games along with Infamous. Back in the PS3 era Alex was a popular character. I wouldn't say he was on the level of Mario but the name Alex Mercer was pretty well known. However The Prototype series is kinda dead so I can see why people wouldn't recognize Alex anymore. I know Alex's chances are pretty low in Smash but If he somehow gets in I hope that would bring people to play Prototype. Also he would have a very interesting moveset.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
At one point the Prototype series was consider the one of the best open world action adventure superpower games along with Infamous. Back in the PS3 era Alex was a popular character. I wouldn't say he was on the level of Mario but the name Alex Mercer was pretty well known. However The Prototype series is kinda dead so I can see why people wouldn't recognize Alex anymore. I know Alex's chances are pretty low in Smash but If he somehow gets in I hope that would bring people to play Prototype. Also he would have a very interesting moveset.
He does look like his moveset could be different for a human character. I would support if I did not have reservations about his origination from an 'M' rated game. I believe the more of a given type of character that is included, the more people would want new ones of that type, so I would have apprehensions about doing anything other than using only the absolute most iconic of these, such as Master Chief and Snake, and even the latter is somewhat questionable. I do not want Smash Bros. to venture farther and farther away from the model of promoting predominantly famous, E-rated games featuring characters of various genres, archetypes, and animation styles. Again, I would support were it not for what I know crowds will want.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
He does look like his moveset could be different for a human character. I would support if I did not have reservations about his origination from an 'M' rated game. I believe the more of a given type of character that is included, the more people would want new ones of that type, so I would have apprehensions about doing anything other than using only the absolute most iconic of these, such as Master Chief and Snake, and even the latter is somewhat questionable. I do not want Smash Bros. to venture farther and farther away from the model of promoting predominantly famous, E-rated games featuring characters of various genres, archetypes, and animation styles. Again, I would support were it not for what I know crowds will want.
It is understandable why you wouldn't support him. But I will say that if Alex was in he wouldn't be like most M rated characters. He has a unique style outside of the standard gore and swearing.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
So far I am really proud of this thread. It is a humble beginning for the superpowered parasite. I think I will work on an actual moveset next and then maybe make or find a Kirby Hat.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if we could get Alex Alt colors based on his Concept Art. Does anyone think this would look cool?

Top Bottom