• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hungrybox gives the GCHD a test run!

Jfresh

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't it still be laggy because its being upscaled since its 480p on a 1920x1080 monitor?

HMWYBS

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't it still be laggy because its being upscaled since its 480p on a 1920x1080 monitor?
The monitor he's using, and most lagless monitors, have built in scalers to properly output 480p. So no lag.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I asked @Kadano about this when the video first came out, and this was what he told me (disclaimer: he hasn't formally tested it):

From how it works, it'll have just the monitor's lag, which is still to be expected at 4-8 ms. So I disagree with Hbox's "definitely a new standard" The adapter will skip the DAC in the GC, but that's near-instant. You gain at most 1 ms by that, probably way less even. So LCD lag isn't sufficiently offset by the GC HDMI adapter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom