• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's our mewtwos.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Not bad. However you need to work on a few things. Both of you need to work on your WD. WD is how m2 moves around the board and how he can become "faster" to get an idea of what Im talking about watch Airo's vid or mine. It seems that you still ned to fine tune your overall control with m2. Also I also noticed that you guys are not shufflin all of your attacks. That is extreamly important!! Perhaps it dosn't hurt you as bad in a ditto match but if your fighting a faster opponent you will easily get shield grabbed or out prioritized in the air. Also M2 has the second worst spot doge in the game (next to game and watch) I would not use it as much. Also I saw alot of dash grabs, which once again in a ditto you may not get punished as much but against a faster opponent you will. Dash grabbing is really laggy and there is a much better way WD grab. I noticed that you guys really didn't do many on M2 standerd approaches. Which are WD D-tilt WD F-tilt and so on. I think that you guys should really work on your WD advances and attacks. other than that I saw a great use of Shadow ball. And I enjoyed some on the SH fairs. Howver that isn't really an effective statagy against other characters. M2 is based around that grab I think that you could have used a bit more of those. Also In a ditto I find that Nairs work out quite well. Both of you have really good M2's and I giv you both props for pickin up such a hard character to learn! Keep up the good work!

quak

Smash Champion
okay:

• Mewtwo's spot dodge is TERRIBLE, you guys spam it WAAAY too much
  • Yeah mewtwo has the best roll in the game, but you still shouldn't use it to run circles around each other, more of a retreating tactic
  • might wanna work on your wd, you're hitting L a little late imo
  • change up your stategy, i could predict what was going to happen next without even playing you :p
  • play around with the d-tilt more, there's more things it links into, like grabs
  • Upthrow to shadowball shouldn't work, he kinda fell into it.
  • Work on your mindgames a little, shadowball wise, as well as overall
  • Mewtwo can SHBAWD, you don't have to full jump
  • Make your shadowballs count! even the half charged ones. I would cancel the charge and save it for later instead of firing them off at random. Keep in mind that the shadowball is one of mewtwo's best kills, if you fire them off when least expected.

Other than those improvement points, you guys are getting there. Looks like you got the basics of the game down, but aren't too used to playing mewtwo yet. keep with it, and mewtwo will feel alot more smooth in your hands.

Saw where you're located, im in alameda, if you're willing to drive up here, i'd be glad to play you/"practice with" :)

Aim is DennyPaul if your interested.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
Thx for putting it up lucien and thx for the comments guys i appericate it. Ill make sure to work on all the tips uve given me and i hope we can get other video up in the next couple weeks.

quak

Smash Champion
maybe you could have a 2 vids, where one is a mewtwo the other, some other charactor, as in not dittos. It's tough to tell skill when there's two mewtwos.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
its REALLY easy to tell that both players dont main mewtwo.

almost fluent tecniques + very weird move selections = 100% not mewtwo main hehe
knowing that. i dont really plan on nitpicking on your habits.

on another side. welcome to the mewtwo community. o.o

Top Bottom