• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you place Greninja with the new buffs ?

TheblackGreninjaplayer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7292-8817
So,:4greninja: got buffed HUZZAH!

Now with the new buffs,should he still stay in the 25th place in the tier list or nah ?

I think that he might be higher because of the nerfs at other chars.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
He was already higher than 25th last patch IMO, but he's significantly better as of 1.1.5. He got some nice buffs and his worst MU is much more manageable. His MU spread is really good.

I feel he's around 15th in the game now.

Last edited:

TheblackGreninjaplayer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7292-8817
He was already higher than 25th last patch IMO, but he's significantly better as of 1.1.5. He got some nice buffs and his worst MU is much more manageable. His MU spread is really good.

I feel he's around 15th in the game now.
Ooh,if he's really 15th, that's means that he's VIABLE, get hyped ninjas !

That also means that players might play him=better results,less sleeping on gren and more reps

Eddy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-7498-4428
Im pretty convinced that Greninja is a Top Tier character now, just hard to learn for most people

Subordinate Alias

Smash Rookie
NNID
SubordinateAlias
3DS FC
1134-8293-0805
Im pretty convinced that Greninja is a Top Tier character now, just hard to learn for most people
Yeah, I feel that's the number one reason more people don't play Greninja. His steep learning curve deters players from picking him up, also many overlook him in favor of other characters they believe are a "safe bet", not realizing Greninja's tremendous potential.

Last edited:

Eddy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-7498-4428
Yeah, I feel that's the number one reason more people don't play Greninja. His steep learning curve deters players from picking him up, also many overlook him in favor of other characters they believe are a "safe bet", not realizing Greninja's tremendous potential.
yeah, thats exactly what i meant and tbh its really sad that people are picking characters up like this :/ always the easy way etc.only a few really want to put in their heart and soul for a great character AND competitive choice in general

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Around 18-20. Which is where I've kinda always had him I just think his case is stronger now.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
With his new buffs, I wouldn't put him very much higher honestly. However, with the Sheik nerfs, that MU is significantly better, which means he is much more viable at high levels of play. As such, I'd easily rank him top 15. Top 10 if his learning curve wasn't so damn high.

Lawliet626

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lawliet626
He's definitely high tier without a doubt, and at full potential I believe he is able to win a national.

Top Bottom