• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you make a Smash Bros movie?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
A while ago I made a thread like this but it was just for actors/actresses so I feel like I should have another one for a movie in general. Anyways just share how you would make a hypothetical super smash bros movie if you want to, that’s pretty much it.

This is what I would do:
  • It would be 3D animated
  • All the original smash 64 series are represented except for earthbound since it would be pretty difficult to adapt for a movie like this. The mario characters are pulled from how they appear in the illumination movie and the pokemon are how they appear in the anime, with ash being a main character.
  • Characters from smaller (mostly retro) nintendo games will make small cameos. Splatoon and Animal Crossing are here and have big roles but their characters aren’t really main characters. Also sonic characters as they appear in the sonic movie are main characters, although a bit more cartoonish than their movie designs
  • I’m not sure exactly what the conflict would be but I do knowould have all the villains assemble to try to take over all the worlds and have them summon tabuu or master hand or something.
  • There won’t really be any multiverse travel or anything, all the series would just be connected and they canonically in the same universe. Everyone will just sort of get roped into the conflict because of their villains teaming up and everyone would just sort of find each other and eventually team up.
  • Except for sonic, mario and pokemon like I said before, this would not be a true cinematic universe. Maybe a sequel or something if it does good but we won’t get like separate metroid, zelda, starfox etc. movies. So all the incarnations of those characters would be created specifically for this movie

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Personally, as much as I'd love to see an interconnected cinematic universe (a Metroid movie in some sort of sci-fi horror genre sounds like it could be ****ing amazing, for example) I feel it's unlikely that a movie would really work. It's one of those situations where, like, how are you supposed to take a story seriously when Yoshi is in the same room as Snake.

Even so, the idea of a comedic TV show of sorts sounds cool. The Subspace Emissary showed us a glimpse at how this could look from a more serious tone (WE NEED A NEW VERSION OF ALL THE SHIPS FLYING AT THAT GIANT CANNON) but I think combining this with a comedy could work well - weirdly, I guess a little like Gravity Falls or something.

Also, no, we're not delving into multiverses because... no. Though, the idea of everyone being in the same universe is funny as hell to me.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Quippy PG-13 Space-Roadtrip Comedy where :ultfalcon::ultfox::ultsamus: have to bring :ultkirby: to such-and-such world where Tabuu/Master Core/Galeem-&-Dharkon/some-other-universe-ending-threat is located. Samus wants to sleep with :ultrosalina:, the other two just want to get paid.

It's the only kind of film Nintendo would allow me to make because anything even remotely resembling a fantasy setting would just devolve into me completely ****ing on Fire Emblem's tropes the whole time.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
A kid-friendly, corny and campy comedy/adventure/thriller about a kid that tries to escape from a Nintendo Switch and tries to find mystical mcguffins in each franchise represented before the characters from Ultimate tries to kill him. But after restoring the peace, the kid sacrifices himself and vanishes and the characters are back to normal, but they are now in the real world: There will be no Hands on this one.

My Smash Movie idea:
It could be about the Real-Life 10-year old boy named Kyle Strongstone, who was sucked into SmashVerse by Nintendo Switch, where he teams up with Fighters like Mario and Assist Trophies like Waluigi to defeat Dominus the Eternal and defend the SmashVerse and even Real World before they will be destroyed. Kyle and Smashers also travel from SmashVerse to Real World, where they spot Master Hand destroying cities around the World like Paris, New York or Tokyo.

It could be Live-Action/CGI hybrid Comedy/Adventure/Thriller genre, made by Paramount Pictures and Sony Film Entertainment along with Nintendo, who supports the Production. This film could teach everyone, that everyone can come for help if it wants.

Top Bottom