• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Improve Wolf?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
To make him on par with MK?

My list:

IASA frames on Dtilt and Utilt, to make them safer.
Slightly bigger hitbox on Ftilt, to increase effective range.
Ground-cancellable blaster, like Fox/Falco SH laser.
SideB easier to cancel.
Non-terrible hitstun on Nair.
Upair or Fair becomes a reliable kill move. Right now, Wolf's best aerial killer is best used for general damage, so it tends to get stale.

Hopefully we see some buffs for smash4.

JCav

Smash Lord

My list:

SideB easier to cancel.
Upair or Fair becomes a reliable kill move. Right now, Wolf's best aerial killer is best used for general damage, so it tends to get stale.

no cgs and better recovery, however that would be done idc

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I would make his recovery into a giant leap kick or something other than what his B-up in now. The leap kick would be like a big air spin jump kick thing that gives him like almost as much height as DDDs up-b.
I would also change his side-b to something like a big lunge where he swipes his claws and spikes anyone who gets hit by it similar to captain falcons side-b. He would still go the same diagnol distance of the wolf flash tho.

I dunno my ideas are probably weird.
F-air that could kill would be nice too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

My list:

That would be awesome. His close range game would greatly improve, since he could now dtilt -> jab with ease

I don't think that's necesary...ftilt actually has pretty good range. About on par with Marth I'd say.

Now that would be amazing. AC Blaster -> fsmash, jab, tilt, ... yeah

SideB easier to cancel.
Yes and no. It should be easier to decide which way you want to cancel it.

100% agree'd. It would be so much better for all purposes: **** spotdodgers and people camping on platforms...

Or Fair, Usmash or Utilt become better KO moves to make dsmash overall more effective

That would be good but I think Wolf is good enough (for me) atm.

What Wolf suffers from are the game mechanics, not his own moves.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Simply giving him another kill move that is as strong as his D-Smash, making his ledge sweetspot broader, and making him less chaingrabbable; would sufice to rocket him to top tier, and thus having better matchups overall.

Everything else I can get around of.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Make him more floaty and have his Up-smash have hitstun between hits so it can't be DI'ed out of. Make his Up-B faster and make his Side- B have more priority.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I agree. If you look at his atributes he has little shortcomings. If you look at them in some order: battle speed, weight and range he is second to none (minus MK...)

Comare him to Marth: They are tied in battle speed but Wolf wins range a little and weight by a large margin

Compare him to ROB: ROB wins weigth by a small marging but loses a bit in range and batttle speed

Compare him to Pikachu; Wolf wins everywhere except battle speed where they are tied

If it wasn't for the mechanics of the game but merely about his attributes, he could be top tier

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Up-B becomes a landmaster.

But really, I'm with everything that Trubo Ether said. Blaster needs less cooldown time for sure, and it would be nice if side-B was safer on shield... Run speed could be improved a bit, and it would be nice if hugging was a bit easier to do.

Wolf really is a great character, just nothing broken and easily chaingrabbed/tiltlocked by some characters.

:034:

Smash Hero
Less lag on Dtilt.
When using upb and forwardb in the air, make Wolf stationary instead of moving according to his momentum (this has killed me so many times).
Less start-up and more range on utilt.
Rename "Fire Wolf" into "Jetpack".

This'll improve Wolf but will still keep him as a fairly well balanced character.

Gheb said:
If it wasn't for the mechanics of the game but merely about his attributes, he could be top tier
A lot of very early tier lists did have Wolf on the bottom of Top Tier, for awhile as the highest Space Animal. Wolf has great attributes but also a lot of weaknesses, which makes him a very balanced character to play... It's just that the weaknesses aren't as visible at first.

In fact, this is the case with A LOT of the 'at first top tier now high/mid' characters. Pit is also a great example of this.

Patinator

Smash Champion
-Make Wolf non-chaingrabbable
-Make his Blaster usable in an actual SHB
-Make Wolf Flash both easier to hit with, easier to cancel, and have a much more potent knockback
-Make D-Air like Marth's, fast to activate but slow to end
-Make Reflector have more hitstun
-Make jabs have more hitstun
-Make me stop saying make
-Make B-Air have a LOT more hitstun, less knockback, and a lower knockback angle
-Allow Wolf to move imemdiately after Up B/Side B
-Have equal distance on Up B going up AND sideways
-Give N-Air a lot more hitstun
-Give him a "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT!!!" taunt

Jab-jab > F-Smash, Jab-jab > D-Smash. Reflector > Jab-jab > D-Smash.

B-Air > B-Air > B-Air > D-Air.

TOP THAT, META.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Put on a cowboy hat and call him wolf Norris.duh!but seriously he needs to be unchaingrabable(my word) and not have such a stiff recovery

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Nair to be a hardhitter, no multiple hits.

make the Firewolf a bigger ledge grab range and extreme speed style(Able to curve) and longer.

better grab range

make the Wolf Flash fast enough to get out of CG's

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'd fix his Dair and his side+B. His Dair far too slow for me to actually spike someone and I'd fix some of the angle on his sideB. Lower it some so he flies at a 30 or 40 degree angle instead of a some risky 60 or 70 degree angle. Plus, his up+B could be improved. The kick at the end should go in the direction that you're going. HIGH DAMAGE+UPTHROW>UP+B W/UPWARDS KICK =PWNAGE

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
-Make Wolf non-chaingrabbable
-Make his Blaster usable in an actual SHB
-Make Wolf Flash both easier to hit with, easier to cancel, and have a much more potent knockback
-Make D-Air like Marth's, fast to activate but slow to end
-Make Reflector have more hitstun
-Make jabs have more hitstun
-Make me stop saying make
-Make B-Air have a LOT more hitstun, less knockback, and a lower knockback angle
-Allow Wolf to move imemdiately after Up B/Side B
-Have equal distance on Up B going up AND sideways
-Give N-Air a lot more hitstun
-Give him a "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT!!!" taunt

Jab-jab > F-Smash, Jab-jab > D-Smash. Reflector > Jab-jab > D-Smash.

B-Air > B-Air > B-Air > D-Air.

TOP THAT, META.
I like his blaster and if you jump > blaster and then short hop forward and blaster it really ****s with people.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
.......... his side B does fly at a 30 -40 degree angle. there's no way its at a 60-70 degree angle

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Whoops I forgot to add Short Hop Double Back Air. He coud actually almost full it off if you pay attention to the frames closely.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Almost. And if you do a rising Bair, you can DJ Bair before you hit the ground, I love doing that to add a nice little mixup, because it's unexpected, and majority of the time it's completely safe.

JOE!

Smash Hero
make his flash like pikachu's upB, you can do it twice in any direction

also make his blaster shoot falcon pawnches

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
At 2:15 AM, all I want right now is for Wolf to be able SH blaster cancel, like how Fox/Falco can SHL. Lasers are the winning! SH Blaster for SSB4 please. Sorry for the random spam.

Top Bottom