• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how would YOU "declone" dark pit?

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
not as in turn him into a semiclone - more make him different in the same way melee falcon and ganon are. same moveset, but different attributes and functions for the individual moves, changing their playstyle to be different, even if not without their similarities.

i'd go with extending the differences between their arrows to his whole moveset - dropping his traction and aerial maneuverability in exchange for faster movement and more reward in terms of both damage and knockback. the idea of a rushdown who really has to commit to what they're going to do sounds pretty cool.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I'd replace his Silver Bow with some Viridi Claws. It's definitely edgy enough for him. His neutral B would just use his staff to shoot a projectile. For a side B it'd be cool if used the Black Club, also sufficient edgy, and swung it around.

There's lots of cool weapons from Uprising he could use.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
His recovery should be like one the Pit has in Brawl, in which he uses his wings and hovers around. IIRC, in Uprising he has the power to fly on his own, not needing a God to grant him flight. Leave Pit with his straight-shot recovery, it sort of fits the lore of Palutena granting him temporary flight.

9inevolt

Smash Rookie
pits up-B should be brawl up-B and Dark pit has Sm4sh up B dark pit should have a counter and should deal more damage per hit

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
His recovery should be like one the Pit has in Brawl, in which he uses his wings and hovers around. IIRC, in Uprising he has the power to fly on his own, not needing a God to grant him flight. Leave Pit with his straight-shot recovery, it sort of fits the lore of Palutena granting him temporary flight.
I'd probably go for something more akin to, like, Lucario's recovery. Pit's Brawl recovery seems like it left him kinda vulnerable, though I could be wrong.

Or I'd give Pit his Project M up-B to make him a proper shoto and let Dark Pit keep the current up-B.

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
IIRC, in Uprising he has the power to fly on his own, not needing a God to grant him flight.
Actually, in Uprising, he has the power of Flight from having absorbed another Goddess' powers. At first, it was Pandora, and by the end game, Viridi ended up semi-adopting him into her forces (or so Pit's Smash Taunt implies when used on Dark Pit). If anything, Dark Pit's free-flying ability SHOULD have been his Final Smash in this game, rather than just giving him Discount Zelda's.

As for decloning the characters, there aren't really that many options to do so without giving them all new moves. Which is what they should have done if they didn't want to just keep Dark Pit a Costume like Alph to Olimar. In Uprising, Dark Pit used a Sword, a Grenade Launcher, a massive Club, a Palm (which is like an arm tattoo that lets you shoot fireballs), his Staff, and his Bow. Ideally, all of those fancy weapons could have been used in his moveset, some of them as special moves like Pit (with different versions as custom moves with various properties; one of the Grenade Launcher variants in KI:U is based on the God of the Sea, so it could operate here like FLUDD).

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Since it's somewhat of a popular opinion, Brawl's moveset could be tweaked back into Dark Pit, but with graphical changes.

For example:

Side+B could have him spinning his staff.
Up+B would be "Pandora's Wings", which would work like in Brawl, but since they are a permanent addition to Dark Pit, he can keep using them over and over again if he's knocked out of it. (No reason why :4duckhunt::4alph: can recover their Up+Bs and not :pit:)

Down+B could have him use the palms to shoot (bayoneta style) to both sides, but upon close range contact work like Smash Attacks.

Then I'm inclined to say that B should still be a Bow+Arrow, but that's just because I love bows and arrows... It could easily be a gun with rapidfire or homing shots.

As for his regular moveset, I like the idea of him having claws, which means he'd have to be faster on the ground as well.

----

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure how I'd change individual attacks but I'd alter DP's movest into a more aggressive one. The Electroshock arm itself can stay ut I think the attack needs something else.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I think Dark Pit is one of if not the most egregious clone in the entire series so I would remove him.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I'd make Dark Pit much faster in the air (0.89>1.12), and slower on the ground (1.66>1.46). I'd replace his smash attacks with moves involving the Dark Pit Staff (slower, but stronger), thus leaving his Final Smash to become an instantly full Daybreak (like he just got all 3 parts). Down Air would always be a weak spike, and Pit's would no longer have a spike (making Pit's much better for low percent combos, with DP's better for edgeguarding). Dark Pit's damage on tilts and aerials would be increased (by about x1.1), while his weight would be lowered (96>87). Dark Pit's down tilt would have 90 degree knockback (a double-edged sword, better at low percent and worse at high percent). Dark Pit's recovery would have significantly less distance, but add a multihit hitbox to the move.

Last edited:
Top Bottom