• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you change Little Mac?

EpicPokéBoi

Smash Rookie
Make his Fair, Bair, and Up-Air references to Aran Ryan, have him use the Horseshoe Fling, have em be like the Belmonts, and incorparate the Star Punches somehow, seperate from the KO Punch, which he could still have but, Star Punch.

-Gear-

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
GEAR#815
I wouldn't change little mac that much if at all. his place as a low tier fighter is perfect for who mac means to me and other people as a character. that being the underdog.

But if i were to make changes...
(tldr: Insane grounded moves that are spikes for edge guarding conversions/gimmicks)

I would basically Lean even more into even better grounded gimmicks. primarily id make alot of moves that are uppercuts into overhands that spike. stuff you can set up through his down tilt when edge guarding. his counter should be an overhand that spikes. and his multi-jab finisher should be an overhand or chopping right. similar angle to down angled fsmash. up smash and up angled fsmash should stay.

an for down smash is make it a 2 hit move like f tilt. a quick set up very low hanging uppercut like up smash. and then an overhand to as per usual, spike the hell out of an opponent. basically making mac a menace to deal with when recovering. as to make up for the fact he "aint no air fighter" while still being not an air fighter.

Last edited:

Zakyyn

Smash Rookie
tbh i would make his side B weaker but let him use it 2 times over and also make his up B last longer but i really think he should have ****ty air moves and nice ground moves because in my experience unless you are 90% or higher if you play hyper aggressive you ususally dont go off the ground and off stage but if i had to change him i would make him an all rounder and nerf his ground capabilities and buff his air game with reusable smash attacks

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Mostly just improve his air game, even if he’s still at his best on the ground. This artwork I found on Twitter sets a pretty good precedent:

Edit: Okay, so I decided to use this little aerial rework sheet as part of my own overhaul:
Intro: Little Mac walks onto the stage while throwing a series of punches before tossing his hoodie off (assuming it’s not one of his alts).

Stance/Idle 1: Little Mac takes a boxer’s fighting stance.
Idle 2: Little Mac shuffles his feet.
Idle 3: Little Mac shifts his head back and forth in front of his fists.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Normal
    • NES sprite (white)
    • Major Circuit (blue)
    • World Circuit (red)
    • Title Defense (yellow)
    • Head-to-Head Player 2 (orange)
    • SNES colors (green)
    • Hoodie (special costume)
  2. Wireframe
    • NES sprite (white)
    • Major Circuit (blue)
    • World Circuit (red)
    • Title Defense (yellow)
    • Head-to-Head Player 2 (orange)
    • SNES colors (green)
    • Wireframe hoodie (special costume)
Walk: Little Mac walks forward.
Dash: Little Mac dashes forward.
Damage: Little Mac’s damage animation from the Wii game.
Jump: Little Mac jumps so low, he needs to double jump in order to properly reach one of the lower two of Battlefield’s platforms.
Crouch: Little Mac couches with his fists in front of his face.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Little Mac jabs twice (3%, small knockback), followed by a flurry of jabs (.5% each hit), finishing with an uppercut (5%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Little Mac performs a one-two combo (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Little Mac performs an overhead arcing backfist (9%, small knockback)
Down+A: Little Mac performs a crouching hook (7%, small knockback)
Dash Attack: Jolt Haymaker; Little Mac leaps forward and performs a downward hook (13%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Little Mac throws a lunging punch (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Little Mac throws a punch on both sides (7%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Little Mac puts his knee and elbow close to each other (8%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Little Mac punches straight in front of himself (11%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Little Mac performs a backwards elbow sweep (9%, small knockback)
Air Up+A: Little Mac takes a moment, then throws an uppercut (12%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Little Mac winds up, then punches downward (15% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Little Mac steps forward punches straight forward with considerable force (24%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Little Mac steps forward and performs a mighty uppercut (24%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Little Mac steps forward and performs a body hook (24%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Little Mac clinches the opponent.
Pummel: Little Mac performs a short straight-punch (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Little Mac rears his arm back and throws an overhand (8%, small knockback)
Back+Throw: Little Mac spins the opponent around and throws an uppercut (12%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Little Mac performs a short uppercut (7%, small knockback)
Down+Throw: Little Mac performs an over head (9%, OK knockback)

Gimmick: Star Meter; when Little Mac counters successfully, he gains a star for his K.O. Punch. When the move is used, the Star Meter charges for a set amount of time depending on how many stars he has out of three.

Special Moves
B : Star Punch
; Little Mac throws a punch with power depending on how many stars he has in the Star Meter.
  • If he has no stars, Little Mac throws a weak punch that flips the opponent around (5%, no knockback) and reflects projectiles; once he gets even one star, this attack loses the reflector
  • With 1 star, Little Mac performs a straight punch that launches opponents horizontally (20%, medium knockback)
  • With 2 stars, Little Mac performs an uppercut that doesn’t deal damage, but instead inflicts a shield break on the opponent
  • With 3 stars, Little Mac performs a devastating uppercut (40%, far knockback) that instantly inflicts a Star K.O. to opponents at 60% or higher
B + ← → : Straight Lunge; Little Mac rears arm back and charges a punch that slides him forward (30% at full charge, far knockback). In the air, the attack always goes about the distance of the fully charged version, but is only half as strong.
B + ↑ : Rising Uppercut; Little Mac performs a jumping, right-handed corkscrew uppercut that goes very high but only hits once (15%, OK knockback)
B + ↓ : Star Counter; Little Mac performs a counter that adds a star to the Star Meter; if he counters while the Star Meter is recharging, the recharge is halted. The timing for earning a star becomes more strict with successive use.

Final Smash: Giga Mac; Little Mac transforms into Giga Mac, and his normal moveset receives a monstrous power-up. He reverts back after 10 seconds.

Taunts
Up: Little Mac turns his back to the screen, bends down, then raises his fist triumphantly. Sometimes, Doc Louis will chime in and say "Hit 'em, baby!"
Side: Little Mac further secures his right boxing glove by pulling its string with his teeth, then resumes his battle stance while scoffing. Sometimes, Doc Louis will chime in and say "Let 'em have it, Mac!"
Down: Little Mac throws a series of punches while facing the screen and then smirking. Sometimes, Doc Louis will chime in and say "Show 'em what you got, Mac baby!"

Winposes
1: Little Mac’s victory pose in the Wii game when he wins the title bout for a circuit.
2: Little Mac’s victory pose in the Wii game when he wins with a sliver of health.
3: Little Mac’s victory pose in the Wii game when he wins with a TKO.

Applause: A bruised Little Mac claps for the winner.
Icon: The boxing glove in the Wii game’s logo.
Boxing Ring Title: The Bruiser from the Bronx.
Star K.O.: https://youtu.be/gL3PIOFP5iI?t=221
Victory Music: Victory! Punch-Out
Kirby Hat: Mac’s hair. The Star Meter slowly fills over time, but it stops when you use the no-star version of the Star Punch.
I also considerably altered Palutena's Guidance on Mac.
Pit: This guy looks ready to fight! Looks familiar, though.
Palutena: That would be Little–
Doc Louis: That’s right Mac baby! Show ‘em what ya got!
Pit: Whoa! Where did you come from?!
Doc Louis: He might not look it, but the kid doesn't pull his punches! I don’t want either of you underestimating each other, ya hear?
Palutena: Um…right, what he said.
Doc Louis: That Star Meter of his can be deadly when he uses it right. Different things happen depending on how many stars he’s got, and his counters help him gain a star. But heaven forbid his opponent get hit with a 3-star punch!
Palutena: I’m right here, you know.
Doc Louis: His other moves ain’t no joke, either! Y’all better give it your best during this fight; especially you, Mac baby!
Palutena: Bring it on! The stronger the opponent, the more interesting the fight!
Doc Louis: That’s the spirit!
Pit: Uh, I can keep using my weapons, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom